- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Hudson reunion, 1 p.m. Sunday.
• Bible study, 2 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 18.
• AA meetings are held at 8 p.m. Wednesdays in the fellowship hall.
Battered But Not Broken Ministries
• On the first Saturday of each month from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Battered But Not Broken will hold Let's Talk Chester County at 564 York Road. Parents and guardians are invited to discuss events going on in the schools, such as bullying and more.
• Battered But Not Broken Ministry is always in need of donations. Checks may be made out to Battered But Not Broken Ministry and mailed to P.O. Box 213, Chester. The group's mission is to assist families and ex-offenders rebuild their lives in the community while re-establishing homes and helping fight drug and alcohol abuse, crime and violence. Call LeTanya Hall at 385-2290 or visit www.batteredbutnotbrokenministries.org.
• Epworth Children's Home work day offering taken Sunday.
• Board of Trustees meets at 6 p.m. Tuesday in the church parlor.
• Tuesday Bible study group begins fall schedule at 11 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 17, in the Book of Job.
• CrossRoads program begins fall schedule at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 18. Covered dish meal at 6 p.m., Bible study at 6:45 p.m.
• Donations still being accepted for Trash and Treasure sale. Date to be announced.
Trial sermon of Ruby Brice Hope, 3 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 29. She is the wife of Pastor James Hope and the first lady of Bethlehem Baptist.
Blackstock First Baptist
• Family Night with all missions meeting, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• Prayer meeting, 7 p.m. Thursday.
• Visit to Chester Active Day Center, 10 a.m. Monday, Sept. 16.
• Bible study, 7 p.m. Wednesdays.
• Business meeting, 7 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 22.
• Council meeting, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 25.
Branded 4 Life Cowboy Church
Singing and worship, 7 to 8 p.m. Monday at 1777 Old Mill Road, Richburg. All welcome.
Brooklyn Williamsville AME Zion
• Homecoming, Sunday. Morning service at 11 a.m., afternoon service at 2:30 p.m. The Rev. Larry Dixon of Long Branch Baptist, Grover, will speak.
• Revival, 7 p.m. nightly Sept. 9-11. The Rev. Kenneth Bell of Mount Sinai Baptist, Blacksburg, speaks Monday and the Rev. James F. Williams of Christian Home Baptist, Lowrys, speaks Tuesday and Wednesday. All welcome.
Calvary Baptist, Calvary Church Road
• Church Council meeting, 3 p.m. Sunday at the parsonage.
• AWANAs for ages two through 18, 4 p.m. Sunday.
• Lunch and Bible study at the Cyclone Restaurant, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday.
• Fellowship meal, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday followed by devotions, prayer and Children's Choir practice at 7 p.m. Adult Choir practice at 7:30 p.m.
• Trip to Chester Active Day Center, 10 a.m. Thursday.
• Church clean-up day, 10 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 14.
• Celebration of 175th anniversary and homecoming, Sunday, Sept. 22. For that Sunday only, service starts at 10 a.m. with a brief break at 11 a.m. No Sunday school. Service will include a memorial service. Free catered meal, so those planning to attend should RSVP to Linda Carter at 581-3962 or 3131 West Chester School Road, Chester.
Capers Chapel UMC
• Homecoming, 11 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 15, followed by covered dish meal. No Sunday school. The Rev. Joe Long, district superintendent of Rock Hill District, will speak.
• Revival, 7 p.m. Sept. 16-17.
• Volunteers and crafters needed for new Christmas season Chrismons, 10 a.m. Wednesdays. Call Ed and Jan Mauney at 377-4514 or Larry and Anna Whitesides at 803-222-7424.
• Mid-week meals and activities, Wednesday. Meal at 6 p.m., children/youth activities and mid-week worship at 6:45 p.m. and Sanctuary Choir rehearsal at 7:30 p.m.
• Men's Bible study/prayer, 7 a.m. Friday in the Barron Room.
• Fall psalm sing at Hopewell, 5 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 29. Refreshments to follow.
Chester First Baptist
• Men's breakfast, Sunday, Sept. 15.
• Palmetto Village sing-alongs, Monday, Sept. 16.
• Senior adult luncheon, Thursday, Sept. 19.
• Fall revival, Sept. 22-25.
Chester Second Baptist
• Church-wide luncheon and forum, 12:30 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 15. Register for the meal by Sept. 8.
• Wednesday night meals begin at 6 p.m. on Sept. 11. Place orders by Sept. 8. Next meal is Sept. 25.
• Classes for Vine Institute begin at 7 p.m. Monday at new location, 125 Hudson St. September classes will feature Dennis Brown from The Healing Room in Charlotte and will be held Sept. 9, 16, 23 and 30 at 7 p.m.
• Second payment for Women's Retreat due Monday. See www.chestersecondbaptist.com for details.
• Middle School Fellowship Night for grades six through eight, 7 to 9:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 13. Guys will have video games and snacks, girls will attend a movie or go out to eat. Register online or on the sign-up sheet.
• Open Door hosting "One Concert (One God, One City, One Night)," 5 to 9 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 21, in the Chester Ampitheater downtown next to former Kimbrell's Furniture. Four to five bands will perform, including Refuge District, and a dance team. Free admission. Vendors will sell food and drinks. Outdoor games, prize giveaways.
• Ladies monthly Bible study on "Trusting God" resumes Thursday, Sept. 26. For time/location, call 377-7149.
• EXALT for middle school and high school students, 7 p.m. Wednesday in the auditorium. Games, music, skits and videos. Call Nate Malone at 377-7149.
Chestnut Grove AME Zion
Chinese auction set for Saturday been postponed. New date to be announced later. Those with tickets should hold on to them until the auction is rescheduled.
Christian Motorcycle Association
The Warriors of Fire Rock Hill Chapter of the Christian Motorcycle Association meets at 9 a.m. the second Saturday of each month at Golden Corral in Rock Hill. For details visit www.cmausa.org.
Cool Branch Baptist
• Seniors event, 11:30 a.m. Tuesday. See Peggy Swearingen for sign-up and needed side dishes. Speaker will be Rep. Mary Gail Douglas to explain senior benefits. All welcome.
• Communion, Sunday, Sept. 15.
• New Sunday school enrollment through September, all welcome. Classes for all ages.
• Janie Chapman offering taken through September.
Eternal Rock Church
Prayer and Bible study, 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday. Teenage Bible class, 7 to 8 p.m. Tuesday. Refreshments served. Prayer, 9 to 11 p.m. Friday.
First Baptist of Lowrys
• Third annual Lowrys Sportsman Lowdown, 5 p.m. tonight. Guest speaker will be Chris Wells, internationally-known evangelist and chaplain of Christian Anglers Bassmaster Elite Series. Bluegrass and gospel music by Chappell Road. Must be present to win door prizes including firearms, fishing trips, deer hunts, duck hunts, kids prizes and more. Kids activities include archery, air rifles and horse rides. Free barbecue dinner at 5 p.m. until gone.
• Men's breakfast, 8 a.m. Sunday. Plates are $3. All invited.
• SYAH Team to the mountains, 7 a.m. Tuesday.
• AWANAs kick-off, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• Heritage Boys in concert, Saturday, Sept. 14.
• Sunday school teachers' banquet, 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 19.
First Free Will Baptist
• Happy Stitchers, 9:30 a.m. Saturday.
• Ladies' Auxiliary, 7 p.m. Tuesday.
• Teens For Christ, 6 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 14.
• Auxiliary fundraiser dinner, Sunday, Sept. 22.
• BCBI starts, 7 to 8:30 p.m. Monday, Sept. 30.
Fountain of Life Church of God
• National Grandparents Day observed during morning service Sunday.
• Final women's Bible study, 10 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.
• J.O.Y. Ministry, Thursday, Sept. 19.
• Nursing home ministry, 2 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 24.
• Fifth Sunday service during evening worship Sunday, Sept. 29.
Women's Conference Committee Chinese auction, Saturday. Ticket drop-off from 10 a.m. to noon, cost is $5 for 25 tickets. No tickets accepted after noon. Hot dogs, fish and drinks sold.
Harvest Time Ministries
Crusade For Jesus Deliverance Tent Ministry, 6:30 p.m. starting Sunday at 118 Hamilton St. Singing nightly, various speakers.
Holy Ghost Tent Revival
Brother Thomas Currence will hold a Holy Ghost Tent Revival at 7 p.m. nightly in the field beside Great Falls Feed & Seed. Preaching, teaching, healing and deliverance. Singing every night with Richard Wilkes, recording artist Jackie Beatty Greene and others. Anyone interested in providing donations of Bibles, finances or gas can call Brother Thomas Currence at 374-4466.
Holy Place Church
• Big revival, 3 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 15, with the Rev. Donnie Dye. The Rev. Billy Wilson of Gethsemane Baptist, Rock Hill, speaks at 7 p.m. nightly Sept. 16-19. Theme: "Our God Reigns."
• Men's Choir seventh anniversary celebration, 2 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 29. Theme: "Something About The Name Jesus." Various choirs will sing, all welcome.
Lake Wateree Baptist
Twenty-fifth homecoming, 10 a.m. Sunday. Guest speaker and a message in song from Randy Armentrout of Lugoff, who has sang with several groups over the last 35 years and now has a solo ministry. Covered dish lunch to follow.
Lando Church of God
• Meal served after morning service Sunday, Sept. 15. Proceeds to Honduras Mission Project.
• Men's Rally at Mauldin Campground, Saturday, Sept. 21.
• Deacon on call for the week is Terry Rawls.
• Cooney Wishert begins study of Book of Daniel on Sunday for the Bible study morning worship.
• Budget Committee meeting follows morning service Sunday, Sept. 15.
• Deacon ordination service for Joe Wishert and Steve Dodds will be during morning worship Sunday, Sept. 29.
• Revival with visiting minister Ron Roddey, Sept. 30-Oct. 2.
• Homecoming, 10:30 a.m. Sunday. Dress old timey style. Meal to follow. Special singing and preaching with the Rev. Jonathan Jenkins.
• Sunday night choir practice, 5:45 p.m. Children’s Choir at 6 p.m. Bible study at 7 p.m.
• Bible study, 7 p.m. Wednesday. Children In Action and Youth, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• Dish detergent needed for pantry. Last week's item was cereal.
• See Dayle Williford for details on disaster relief training set for Saturday, Oct. 12, at White Oak.
Metropolitan AME Zion
Prayer at 6 p.m. and Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Mount Dearborn UMC
Old pictures of the church and community needed for the 100 year celebration Oct. 7, 8, and 9. Call Sallie Hudson at 385-7251.
Mount Moriah Baptist
• Family and Friends Day, 2 p.m. Sunday with Pastor James Hope of Bethlehem Baptist.
• Food pantry is open the third Saturday of each month from 10 a.m. to noon. Proof of address and a picture ID are required. Call 377-3495.
Mount Nebo AME Zion
• Pastor appreciation for the Rev. Willie H. Evans, 2 p.m. Sunday. The Rev. Norris Long of Union Ezell, Fort Lawn, will speak.
• Appreciation day for Brother Roger McMullen, 6 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 14, with Minister Anita Thornwell, of Mount Nebo, Minister Marquavious Hopkins of Mount Vernon, Fort Lawn, and the Rev. Tony White of Creaper Fair Plains AME Zion, McColl.
Mount Pleasant Presbyterian
Fundraiser featuring chicken stew and hot dogs (eat-in or take-out), yard sale, bake sale, silent auction, singing by Knox Station and Seventh Heaven and more, 8 a.m. Saturday. For pick-up orders, more information or directions, call 581-0605. Church is at 4619 Mount Pleasant Church Road.
New Hope UMC
• Council on Ministries meeting, 6:45 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 18.
• Administrative Board meeting, 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 19.
One Faith Singers
Fifth anniversary celebration, 7 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 14, at Browns Chapel AME Zion Church, Lowrys. All groups and choirs welcome. Emcee will be the Rev. William "Chucky" Abel; musicians Jason Missouri and Company. Praise and worship by Just Blessed and Women of Praise Dancers.
• Let Kim Orr or Donna Runion know by Sunday, Sept. 15, if willing to serve as a messenger for the Associational annual session Oct. 21 at Harmony Baptist.
• Food Pantry ministries, Sept. 23-27.
• Prayer, 6:30 p.m. Monday. Bible classes, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Health checks available through Billy Murphy Foundation, 144 Center St. Call 374-4216 or 385-2878 for appointments. Lines are open for prayer. Call 581-0004.
• WMU collecting school supplies to donate. Drop off donations 8 a.m. to noon Monday through Friday at the church. There is a collection box in the social hall.
• Yard sale and fish/chicken plate sale Saturday in the Family Life Center. Plates will be $7 starting at 10:30 a.m.
• Family/Mission Night, Wednesday. Bring your favorite dish.
Pine Grove Baptist
Intercessory prayer, 6:15 p.m. Wednesday followed by Bible study at 7 p.m.
• Boy Scouts meet at 6:30 p.m. Mondays.
• Bible study, 10 a.m. Tuesday.
• Wednesday night programs starting at 6 p.m. Light dinner for children and snacks for adults. Bible study and activities for all ages.
• Adult Choir practice, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Call 377-8175 for details on working in the community garden from 10 a.m. to noon Saturdays.
Red Hill Baptist, Leeds
Anniversary celebration for Pastor Dennis Featherstone and First Lady Wanda Featherstone, 1 p.m. Sunday. Pastor Bobby Featherstone of St. Paul Baptist, Lowrys, will speak. All welcome.
Rehoboth AME Zion
Prayer and Bible study, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Repairer of the Breach Evangelistic Ministry
• Church Without Walls, 3 to 5 p.m. Sundays, Oct. 6, 13, 20 and 27 at Chester Fairgrounds. To volunteer, call 385-3584.
• Bible study, 7 p.m. Wednesday at Brooklyn Center, 331 Ashford St.
Saluda Street Church of God
Young At Heart seniors meeting, noon to 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 28, in the Family Life Center.
Seed of Blessings Ministry Revival Center
Revival Thursday at 7 p.m. with Evangelist A.L. Hensley. Simple gospel and prayers for sick and afflicted. All welcome. Church is at 2738 Catawba River Road, Fort Lawn. Call 370-2147.
St. Paul Baptist, Halsellville
Missionary program, 2 p.m. Sunday with the Rev. Patricia McCleave. All welcome.
Sweet Hope Baptist
Initial sermon of Mary Feaster, 2 p.m Sunday. Sunday school at 9 a.m., worship at 10 a.m.
Together As One
• Bible study, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• Revival, Sept. 11-15 with the Rev. Jimmy Cox of Saluda Street Church of God.
• Joy Night, 6 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 29.
Community commemoration of 9-11, 7 p.m. Wednesday. All churches in Lewisville area invited. Local firemen and first responders will be recognized. Church is on S.C. Highway 9 across from Lewisville Middle School.
Union Ezell AME Zion
Chinese auction, Friday, Sept. 20, at American Legion in Lancaster. Doors at 5 p.m., auction at 7 p.m. Call Willie Day at 803-872-4811.
United Pentecostal Church
Bible study, 7:30 p.m. Fridays at the Chester YMCA. Call David Hinton at 385-6848. All welcome.
Upper Hope Station Missionary Baptist
Church anniversary celebration, 2 p.m. Sunday with the Rev. Jerome Boyd of Pine Grove Baptist.
West Chester Baptist
• Prayer Team meets at 6 p.m. Tuesdays. All welcome.
• ICMP Church Health Taskforce to present report during morning worship Sunday, Sept. 22. Fellowship meal to follow.
• Children's pizza party, 5 p.m. Saturday in the social hall.
• Singing followed by an ice cream social in the fellowship hall, Sunday. Bring homemade ice cream.
• Janie Chapman offering for state missions will be received Sunday. Theme: "Going All Out."
• Homecoming, Sunday, Sept. 15 with the Rev. Cecil Johnson. Lunch to follow.
• Food pantry item for September is canned corn.
Zoe Life Community Bible class
Zoe Life Community Bible class, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. first, second and third Tuesdays at Brooklyn Center on Ashford Street. Taught by the Rev. C. Pendergrass.