- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Sandy River Masons yard sale, 8 a.m. Saturday.
• Bible study, 2 p.m. Wednesday.
• Men's breakfast, 8 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 6.
• AA meetings are held at 8 p.m. Wednesdays in the fellowship hall.
Battered But Not Broken Ministries
• On the first Saturday of each month from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Battered But Not Broken will hold Let's Talk Chester County at 564 York Road. Parents and guardians are invited to discuss events going on in the schools, such as bullying and more.
• Battered But Not Broken Ministry is always in need of donations. Checks may be made out to Battered But Not Broken Ministry and mailed to P.O. Box 213, Chester. The group's mission is to assist families and ex-offenders rebuild their lives in the community while re-establishing homes and helping fight drug and alcohol abuse, crime and violence. Call LeTanya Hall at 385-2290 or visit www.batteredbutnotbrokenministries.org.
• Tuesday Bible study group, 11 a.m. Tuesdays in the Book of Job.
• CrossRoads program, 6 p.m. Wednesdays. Covered dish meal at 6 p.m., Bible study at 6:45 p.m.
• Volunteers needed for seventh annual church barbecue set for Friday, Oct. 18. Call 385-3266.
Trial sermon of Ruby Brice Hope, 3 p.m. Sunday. She is the wife of Pastor James Hope and the first lady of Bethlehem Baptist. Hope earned her master's degree in special education with international scholastic honors from Grand Canyon University. She has a concentration in counseling and pastoral leadership. She also graduated cum laude from Belmont Abbey College.
Branded 4 Life Cowboy Church
Singing and worship, 7 to 8 p.m. Monday at 1777 Old Mill Road, Richburg. All welcome.
Browns Chapel AME Zion
Cancer benefit for Robin "Bobo" Rice, 6 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 5. All money raised will help Rice with medical expenses. Church is at 728 Charity Road, Lowrys.
Calvary Baptist, Calvary Church Road
• West Chester Community Center fundraiser, 5 p.m. Saturday beginning with barbecue chicken plates for $8. Singing at 6 p.m. with Crossed Hearts, Mike Shaffer, Donna Railey, David Sealy, Leslie Jacobs and others. "Jerry Clower" will visit. Ladies should prepare desserts for sale.
• AWANAs for ages two through 18, 4 p.m. Sunday.
• Community fifth Sunday night singing, 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Lunch and Bible study at the Cyclone Restaurant, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday.
• Fellowship meal, 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Devotions, Bible study and children's programs at 7 p.m., Adult Choir practice at 7:30 p.m.
Capers Chapel UMC
• PPRC meeting, 7 p.m. Monday at New Hope UMC.
• Finance meeting, 7 p.m. Tuesday in the fellowship hall.
• Nominations Committee meeting, 6 p.m. Wednesday in the fellowship hall.
• Rev. Bryson Williams will hold a Bible study on John starting at 7 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 13.
• Fall psalm sing at Hopewell, 5 p.m. Sunday. Refreshments to follow.
• Volunteers and crafters needed for new Christmas season Chrismons, 10 a.m. Wednesdays. Call Ed and Jan Mauney at 377-4514 or Larry and Anna Whitesides at 803-222-7424.
• Mid-week meals and activities, Wednesday. Meal at 6 p.m., children/youth activities and mid-week worship at 6:45 p.m. and Sanctuary Choir rehearsal at 7:30 p.m.
• Men's Bible study/prayer, 7 a.m. Friday in the Barron Room.
Chester First Baptist
• Youth fall retreat, Sept. 27-29.
• Barbecue in the park following worship, Sunday, Oct. 6.
• Palmetto sing-alongs, 3 p.m. Mondays, Oct. 7 and 21.
• RA's Hunger Drive, Friday, Oct. 11. Watch for details.
• Lord's supper, Sunday, Oct. 13.
• Senior adult luncheon, 11 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 17.
Chester Second Baptist
• Classes for Vine Institute, 7 p.m. Mondays at new location, 125 Hudson St. September classes to feature Dennis Brown from The Healing Room in Charlotte and will be held Sept. 30.
• EXALT for middle school and high school students, 7 p.m. Wednesday in the auditorium. Games, music, skits and videos. Call Nate Malone at 377-7149.
Christian Motorcycle Association
The Warriors of Fire Rock Hill Chapter of the Christian Motorcycle Association meets at 9 a.m. the second Saturday of each month at Golden Corral in Rock Hill. For details visit www.cmausa.org.
Emmanuel Chapel Missionary Baptist
• Fall revival, Oct. 6-8. On Sunday, Oct. 6, service times are 10:15 a.m., 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. Service time Oct. 7 and 8 will be 7 p.m. Bishop B.R. Wilson will preach Sunday through Tuesday.
• Trip to MLK Center in Atlanta, Saturday, Oct. 26. Non-refundable deposit due now, balance due Sunday, Oct. 20. Seats are $40 per person including children. Call 899-4662 or 374-0476.
Eternal Rock Church
• Women pastors and first ladies asked to come to Eternal Rock Church from 11 a.m. to noon Saturday to pray for leaders.
• Prayer and Bible study, 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday. Teenage Bible class, 7 to 8 p.m. Tuesday. Refreshments served. Prayer, 9 to 11 p.m. Friday.
Faith and Love Christian Center
Afterschool program, 3 to 6 p.m. Monday-Friday. Teaching, homework help. For information on prices call Wylie Frederick at 377-8302 or Debbie Brown at 519-8734.
First Baptist of Richburg
• Men's Ministry meeting, 9 a.m. Saturday at the church social hall, 165 Main St., Richburg.
• Christian Woman's Book Club newly formed for women/men interested in reading and sharing the written word. Meeting Saturday at 4571 Bobcat Lane, Fort Lawn. Call Paula Olive at 704-201-2020.
First Church of the Nazarene
• Clean-up day, 8 a.m. Saturday. All teachers should attend to get classrooms ready.
• Fifth Sunday night service with First Free Will Baptist, 6 p.m. Sunday. Men's Choir from First Nazarene will sing and Pastor Porter will preach. All invited.
• Homecoming, 10 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 6, with The Harvells as guest singers. All invited to celebrate 81 years of ministry. Meal in the Family Life Center after morning worship.
• Church has a donated 2001 23-square-foot Sea Fox boat that will be sold for $10,000 or best offer. Call 385-5771 or 209-3708 for details.
First Free Will Baptist
• Revival, Sept. 29-Oct. 2. The Rev. Chris Tipton speaks at the morning service Sunday; the Rev. John Porter speaks at 6 p.m. Sunday; The Rev. James Childers speaks at 7 p.m. Monday; the Rev. Roy Brice speaks at 7 p.m. Tuesday; and the Rev. Ralph Byars speaks at 7 p.m. Wednesday. Special music at every service.
• BCBI starts, 7 to 8:30 p.m. Monday.
First Mount Zion Baptist
Fall revival, 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 6, with Bishop Wendell B. Sumter of Zion Mills Creek Baptist.
Fountain of Life Church of God
Fifth Sunday service during evening worship on Sept. 29.
Friendship Missionary Baptist
Ordination service for Evangelist Gail McCullough, 3 p.m. Sunday.
Harvest Time Ministries
Crusade For Jesus Deliverance Tent Ministry, 6:30 p.m. nightly at 118 Hamilton St. Singing nightly, various speakers.
Holy Ghost Tent Revival
Brother Thomas Currence will hold a Holy Ghost Tent Revival at 7 p.m. nightly in the field beside Great Falls Feed & Seed. Preaching, teaching, healing and deliverance. Singing every night with Richard Wilkes, recording artist Jackie Beatty Greene and others. Anyone interested in providing donations of Bibles, finances or gas can call Brother Thomas Currence at 374-4466.
Holy Place Church
Men's Choir seventh anniversary celebration, 2 p.m. Sunday. Theme: "Something About The Name Jesus." Various choirs will sing, all welcome.
• Psalm sing, 5 p.m. Sunday.
• Sacrament of the Lord's supper, Sunday, Oct. 6.
• October is Food Pantry Month. Begin now to collect items.
• Deacon ordination service for Joe Wishert and Steve Dodds, Sunday.
• Holy Communion, Sunday, Oct. 6.
• Sunday school, 10 a.m. Sunday on "The Unveiling" from Book of Revelations.
• Community fifth Sunday night singing, 6 p.m. Sunday at Calvary Baptist.
• Women on Mission, Brotherhood, Children In Action and Youth: Destination Unknown, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• See Dayle Williford for details on disaster relief training set for Saturday, Oct. 12, at White Oak.
• Needed food pantry items are graham crackers and/or granola bars. Last week was canned fruit.
• See Patti to help with children's church.
Metropolitan AME Zion
Prayer at 6 p.m. and Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Mount Dearborn UMC
Revival to celebrate 100th anniversary, Oct. 7, 8 and 9 with guest pastors the Rev. Jason Everson and Evelyn Middleton. Guest organists will be Debbie Broome Shealy and Roy Brunson. Any old pictures of the church and community are requested. All material will be returned to owners. Call Sallie Hudson at 385-7251.
Mount Moriah Baptist
• Missionary Ministry program, 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 6, with the Rev. Timothy Cousar of Mount Hopewell Baptist.
• Food pantry is open the third Saturday of each month from 10 a.m. to noon. Proof of address and a picture ID are required. Call 377-3495.
Mount Olive Baptist, Fairfield
• Junior Choir anniversary celebration, 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 6. Various choirs will sing.
• Male Choir anniversary celebration, 5 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 12. Various choirs will sing.
New Hope UMC
• PPRC meeting, 7 p.m. Monday.
• The Rev. Bryson Williams will hold a Bible study on John starting at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 9.
• Family Night and mission organizations, Thursday.
• Associational Men's Ministry meeting, Tuesday, Oct. 8.
• Men's Ministries breakfast, Saturday, Oct. 12.
• Deacons' meeting, Tuesday, Oct. 15.
• Prayer, 6:30 p.m. Monday. Bible classes, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Health checks available through Billy Murphy Foundation, 144 Center St. Call 374-4216 or 385-2878 for appointments. Lines are open for prayer. Call 581-0004.
• Baptist Women's Day, 11 a.m. Sunday. Singing during the evening service.
• The Academy for Teaching and Learning is collecting old cell phones to give an American soldier a calling card. Each phone turned in equals $5. Phones can be turned in at the office.
• World Hunger banks are out. World Hunger Day is Sunday, Oct. 13.
• Shoe boxes are in for Operation Christmas Child.
• Non-perishable items needed for food bank.
Pine Grove Baptist
Intercessory prayer, 6:15 p.m. Wednesday followed by Bible study at 7 p.m.
• Worship 4 Youth at Bethelwoods, 4 to 7 p.m. Sunday. Meet at the church at 3:30 p.m.
• Handbell rehearsal, 5:45 p.m. Sunday.
• Boy Scouts meet at 6:30 p.m. Mondays.
• Bible study, 10 a.m. Tuesday. Cub Scouts at 6:30 p.m.
• Wednesday night programs start at 6 p.m. Meal for children, snack for adults. Bible study and activities for all ages.
• Adult Choir practice, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Call 377-8175 for details on working in the community garden from 10 a.m. to noon Saturdays.
Rehoboth AME Zion
Prayer and Bible study, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Repairer of the Breach Evangelistic Ministry
• Church Without Walls, 3 to 5 p.m. Sundays, Oct. 6, 13, 20 and 27 at Chester Fairgrounds. To volunteer, call 385-3584.
• Bible study, 7 p.m. Wednesday at Brooklyn Center, 331 Ashford St.
Saluda Street Church of God
• Young At Heart seniors meeting, noon to 2 p.m. Saturday in the Family Life Center.
• Young At Heart chicken stew and bake sale, 10 a.m. Friday, Oct. 4, in the Family Life Center on Saluda Street. Stew is $7.50 per quart, desserts are $1.25 to $2.50 per slice, half cakes are $10 and whole cakes are $20. Call 385-2394.
Sandy River Baptist Association (LD)
• Ordination service for Minister Gail Annette Land McCullough, 3 p.m. Sunday at Friendship Missionary Baptist Church. All invited.
• Youth Ministry, youth leader and director meeting, 10 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 5, at Mount Olive Baptist Church, Chester.
• "Kicking It In The Community," 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 12, in the old movie theater parking lot to encourage health and staying in school. School supplies given out, much more. See your youth leader or director or call Bessie Hall or Pastor Dye.
Seed of Blessings Ministry Revival Center
Revival Thursday at 7 p.m. with Evangelist A.L. Hensley. Simple gospel and prayers for sick and afflicted. All welcome. Church is at 2738 Catawba River Road, Fort Lawn. Call 370-2147.
St. Mark's Episcopal
The Rev. Paul Stricklin will be the new priest from Sunday through the Christmas season. Sunday school at 10 a.m., services at 11 a.m.
Together As One
• Joy Night, 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Bible study, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• Turning Point banquet, 6 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 5, at Parkway Baptist Church, 823 J.A. Cochran Bypass. Tickets are $20. Call Pastor Clawson at 581-4298.
True Gospel Church of God in Christ
• Annual Family Enrichment Day, 11 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 5. Bounce houses, free food, snow cones, cotton candy, fish, hot dogs, gospel singing, face painting, hay rides, free blood pressure/sugar checks, early childhood development activities, horseshoes, cornhole, basketball and jump rope. Church is at 552 Ashford Road. All welcome.
• Family and Friends Day, 11:30 a.m. Sunday, Oct.6.
• Pastor Appreciation Day for Pastor Lenard Price and First Lady Senda Price, 5 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 13.
United Pentecostal Church
Bible study, 7:30 p.m. Fridays at the Chester YMCA. Call David Hinton at 385-6848. All welcome.
West Chester Baptist
• Children's Ministry trip to EdVenture in Columbia, Saturday. Meet at church at 10 a.m. Children's Ministry will provide tickets, lunch and a snack. Returning around 5 p.m.
• Prayer Team meets at 6 p.m. Tuesdays. All welcome.
• Fifth Sunday night singing at Calvary Baptist, 6 p.m. Sunday with finger foods to follow.
• Young singles class begins Sunday, Oct. 6, with Taylor Thomas teaching.
• Trip to Sky Top Orchard for apple picking, 8 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 12. Breakfast at Hardee's, lunch at Hubba Hubba Smokehouse. Sign-ups underway for this trip.
• Children collecting toiletry items for a visit to Chester Regional Nursing Center on Saturday, Oct. 19.
Zion Pilgrim Missionary Baptist
Hymnal Choir 53rd anniversary celebration, 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 6. All welcome.
Zoe Life Community Bible class
Zoe Life Community Bible class, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. first, second and third Tuesdays at Brooklyn Center on Ashford Street. Taught by the Rev. C. Pendergrass.