- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Usher Board anniversary program, 2 p.m. Sunday with Evangelist Gloria Grier of New Life Ministry, Great Falls. All welcome.
• Bible study, 2 p.m. Wednesday.
• Sandy River Masons yard sale, 8 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 28.
• Men's breakfast, 8 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 6.
• AA meetings are held at 8 p.m. Wednesdays in the fellowship hall.
Battered But Not Broken Ministries
• On the first Saturday of each month from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Battered But Not Broken will hold Let's Talk Chester County at 564 York Road. Parents and guardians are invited to discuss events going on in the schools, such as bullying and more.
• Battered But Not Broken Ministry is always in need of donations. Checks may be made out to Battered But Not Broken Ministry and mailed to P.O. Box 213, Chester. The group's mission is to assist families and ex-offenders rebuild their lives in the community while re-establishing homes and helping fight drug and alcohol abuse, crime and violence. Call LeTanya Hall at 385-2290 or visit www.batteredbutnotbrokenministries.org.
• UMW Rock Hill District annual meeting, 9 a.m. Saturday at Philadelphia UMC in Fort Mill. See Jane Carter or a circle leader if planning to attend.
• Tuesday Bible study group, 11 a.m. Tuesdays in the Book of Job.
• CrossRoads program, 6 p.m. Wednesdays. Covered dish meal at 6 p.m., Bible study at 6:45 p.m.
• Volunteers needed for seventh annual church barbecue set for Friday, Oct. 18. Call 385-3266.
• Annual Family and Friends Day, 2 p.m. Sunday with the Rev. Earl Stringfellow of Mount Pilgrim Baptist, Fort Lawn. All welcome.
• Trial sermon of Ruby Brice Hope, 3 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 29. She is the wife of Pastor James Hope and the first lady of Bethlehem Baptist.
Blackstock First Baptist
• Business meeting, 7 p.m. Sunday.
• Council meeting, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Bible study, 7 p.m. Wednesdays.
Branded 4 Life Cowboy Church
Singing and worship, 7 to 8 p.m. Monday at 1777 Old Mill Road, Richburg. All welcome.
Browns Chapel AME Zion
Cancer benefit for Robin "Bobo" Rice, 6 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 5. All money raised will help Rice with medical expenses. Church is at 728 Charity Road, Lowrys.
Calvary Baptist, Calvary Church Road
• Celebration of 175th anniversary and homecoming, Sunday. Celebration, memorial service and worship at 10 a.m. No Sunday school. Lower driveway and parking lot closed on this day.
• AWANAs for ages two through 18, 4 p.m. Sunday.
• Lunch and Bible study at the Cyclone Restaurant, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday.
• Van leaves at 1:15 p.m. Tuesday to go to White Oak Manor in York.
• Fellowship meal, 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Prayer, devotions and children's program at 7 p.m. Adult Choir practice at 7:30 p.m.
• Trip to Chester Active Day Center, 10 a.m. Thursday.
• Volunteers and crafters needed for new Christmas season Chrismons, 10 a.m. Wednesdays. Call Ed and Jan Mauney at 377-4514 or Larry and Anna Whitesides at 803-222-7424.
• Mid-week meals and activities, Wednesday. Meal at 6 p.m., children/youth activities and mid-week worship at 6:45 p.m. and Sanctuary Choir rehearsal at 7:30 p.m.
• Men's Bible study/prayer, 7 a.m. Friday in the Barron Room.
• Fall psalm sing at Hopewell, 5 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 29. Refreshments to follow.
Chester First Baptist
• Fall revival, Sept. 22-25. Homecoming, Sunday. Bring covered dishes for morning service, church provides drinks and utensils. Services Sept. 22-25 start at 7 p.m with John Adams, pastor of First Baptist of Easley.
• Youth fall retreat, Sept. 27-29.
• Barbecue in the park following worship, Sunday, Oct. 6.
• Palmetto sing-alongs, 3 p.m. Mondays, Oct. 7 and 21.
Chester Second Baptist
• Open Door hosting "One Concert (One God, One City, One Night)," 5 to 9 p.m. Saturday in the Chester Ampitheater downtown next to former Kimbrell's Furniture. Four to five bands will perform, including Refuge District, and a dance team. Free admission. Vendors will sell food and drinks. Outdoor games, prize giveaways.
• Classes for Vine Institute, 7 p.m. Mondays at new location, 125 Hudson St. September classes to feature Dennis Brown from The Healing Room in Charlotte and will be held Sept. 23 and 30.
• Wednesday night meal, 6 p.m. on Sept. 25.
• Ladies monthly Bible study on "Trusting God" resumes Thursday. For time/location, call 377-7149.
• EXALT for middle school and high school students, 7 p.m. Wednesday in the auditorium. Games, music, skits and videos. Call Nate Malone at 377-7149.
Chestnut Grove AME Zion
Women's Conference, "Release Those Bags," Sept. 20-22 with the Rev. Ina C. Harris. Praise and worship service tonight will be by Pastor Connie Richmond of New Vision Church of God of Prophecy, Chester. The Rev. Thelma Gordon of Liberty Hill AME Zion speaks at 7 p.m. tonight on "100 Women in Red." The Rev. Michelle Moore of Greater Glory Worship Center, Charlotte, speaks at 10 a.m. Saturday on "Balance It All." Prophetess Carolyn Carr, CEO of Freed 2 Free Life and prayer coach, speaks on "Release Those Bags" at 1 p.m. Saturday followed by the Rev. Donnie Dye of Zion Pilgrim Missionary Baptist, Chester, speaking on "Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man." All women invited. Registration fee is $10.
Christian Motorcycle Association
The Warriors of Fire Rock Hill Chapter of the Christian Motorcycle Association meets at 9 a.m. the second Saturday of each month at Golden Corral in Rock Hill. For details visit www.cmausa.org.
Cool Branch Baptist
• New Sunday school enrollment through September, all welcome. Classes for all ages.
• Janie Chapman offering taken through September.
Eternal Rock Church
Prayer and Bible study, 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday. Teenage Bible class, 7 to 8 p.m. Tuesday. Refreshments served. Prayer, 9 to 11 p.m. Friday.
Faith and Love Christian Center
• Movie night, 6 p.m. Saturday. Showing "The Easter Story" taken from a Bible experience.
• Afterschool program, 3 to 6 p.m. Monday-Friday. Teaching, homework help. For information on prices call Wylie Frederick at 377-8302 or Debbie Brown at 519-8734.
First Baptist of Richburg
• Christian Woman's Book Club newly formed for women/men interested in reading and sharing the written word. Meeting Saturday at 4571 Bobcat Lane, Fort Lawn. Call Paula Olive at 704-201-2020.
• Men's Ministry meeting, 9 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 28, at the church social hall, 165 Main St., Richburg.
First Church of the Nazarene
• Alabaster offering received Sunday to help purchase land and build churches, hospitals, schools and clinics in world areas where help is needed. Children having a fundraising contest.
• Church has a donated 2001 23-square-foot Sea Fox boat that will be sold for $10,000 or best offer. Call 385-5771 or 209-3708 for details.
• Clean-up day, 8 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 28. All teachers should attend to get classrooms ready.
• Homecoming, 10 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 6, with The Harvells as guest singers. All invited to celebrate 81 years of ministry. Meal in the Family Life Center after morning worship.
First Free Will Baptist
• Happy Stitchers meeting, 9:30 a.m. Saturday.
• Ladies Auxiliary fundraiser dinner, noon Sunday. Cost is $8 for adults, $4 for children 10 and younger. Barbecue, baked beans, cole slaw, corn, rolls, drinks and dessert.
• Revival, Sept. 29-Oct. 2.
• BCBI starts, 7 to 8:30 p.m. Monday, Sept. 30.
Fountain of Life Church of God
• Nursing home ministry, 2 p.m. Tuesday.
• Fifth Sunday service during evening worship Sunday, Sept. 29.
Harvest Time Ministries
Crusade For Jesus Deliverance Tent Ministry, 6:30 p.m. nightly at 118 Hamilton St. Singing nightly, various speakers.
Holy Ghost Tent Revival
Brother Thomas Currence will hold a Holy Ghost Tent Revival at 7 p.m. nightly in the field beside Great Falls Feed & Seed. Preaching, teaching, healing and deliverance. Singing every night with Richard Wilkes, recording artist Jackie Beatty Greene and others. Anyone interested in providing donations of Bibles, finances or gas can call Brother Thomas Currence at 374-4466.
Holy Place Church
Men's Choir seventh anniversary celebration, 2 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 29. Theme: "Something About The Name Jesus." Various choirs will sing, all welcome.
• Psalm sing, 5 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 29.
• Sacrament of the Lord's supper, Sunday, Oct. 6.
• October is Food Pantry Month. Begin now to collect items.
Lando Church of God
Men's Rally at Mauldin Campground, Saturday.
• Homecoming, Sunday, Sept. 29.
• Deacon ordination service for Joe Wishert and Steve Dodds, Sunday, Sept. 29.
• Fall revival with the Rev. Ron Roddey, Sept. 30-Oct. 2.
• Holy Communion, Sunday, Oct. 6.
• Sunday school at 10 a.m. Sunday on "The Unveiling" from Book of Revelations.
• Sunday night choir practice, 5:45 p.m. Children’s Choir at 6 p.m. Bible study at 7 p.m.
• Bible study, "The Gospel of Mark: Service and Sacrifice," 7 p.m. Wednesday. Children In Action and Youth, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• Community fifth Sunday night singing, 6 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 29, at Calvary Baptist.
• See Dayle Williford for details on disaster relief training set for Saturday, Oct. 12, at White Oak.
• Needed food pantry items are canned fruit. Last week was egg noodles or elbow macaroni.
Metropolitan AME Zion
Prayer at 6 p.m. and Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Mount Dearborn UMC
Old pictures of the church and community needed for the 100 year celebration Oct. 7, 8, and 9. Call Sallie Hudson at 385-7251.
Mount Moriah Baptist
Food pantry is open the third Saturday of each month from 10 a.m. to noon. Proof of address and a picture ID are required. Call 377-3495.
Mount Olive Baptist, Fairfield
• Junior Choir anniversary celebration, 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 6. Various choirs will sing.
• Male Choir 15th anniversary celebration, 5 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 12. Various choirs will sing.
Mount Prospect Baptist
Gospel Choir anniversary celebration, 7 p.m. Saturday. Various choirs and the public invited. Call Estella Peay at 385-4253.
Open Door Ministries
Concert, "One Night, One City, One God," 5 to 9 p.m. Saturday at the ampitheater on the hill in Chester. Live music by Lost Without, Refuge District, Impact and The Exalt Band. Tim Abernathy will emcee. Christian dancers, door prizes, free drawings, food for sale. Park in the backlot.
Food Pantry ministries, Sept. 23-27.
• Prayer, 6:30 p.m. Monday. Bible classes, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Health checks available through Billy Murphy Foundation, 144 Center St. Call 374-4216 or 385-2878 for appointments. Lines are open for prayer. Call 581-0004.
• WMU collecting for Janie Chapman offering for state missions rest of the month.
• Any lady wishing to sing on the choir for Baptist Women's Day on Sunday, Sept. 29, should come to practice at 5 p.m. Sunday.
• Lord's supper, Sunday.
• The Academy for Teaching and Learning is collecting old cell phones to give an American soldier a calling card. Each phone turned in equals $5. Phones can be turned in at the office.
• World Hunger banks are out. World Hunger Day is Sunday, Oct. 13.
• Non-perishable items needed for food bank.
• Baptist Women's Day, Sunday, Sept. 29, with singing at the evening service.
Pine Grove Baptist
Intercessory prayer, 6:15 p.m. Wednesday followed by Bible study at 7 p.m.
• Handbell workshop, tonight. Dinner at 5:30 p.m., workshop from 7 to 9 p.m.
• Purity Bells perform during morning worship Sunday.
• Handbell rehearsal, 5:45 p.m. Sunday.
• Boy Scouts meet at 6:30 p.m. Mondays.
• Bible study, 10 a.m. Tuesday. Cub Scouts at 6:30 p.m.
• Wednesday night programs start at 6 p.m. Covered dish with meat provided. Bible study and activities for all ages.
• Adult Choir practice, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Call 377-8175 for details on working in the community garden from 10 a.m. to noon Saturdays.
Rehoboth AME Zion
Prayer and Bible study, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Repairer of the Breach Evangelistic Ministry
• Church Without Walls, 3 to 5 p.m. Sundays, Oct. 6, 13, 20 and 27 at Chester Fairgrounds. To volunteer, call 385-3584.
• Bible study, 7 p.m. Wednesday at Brooklyn Center, 331 Ashford St.
Saluda Street Church of God
Young At Heart seniors meeting, noon to 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 28, in the Family Life Center.
Sandy River Baptist Association (LD)
• Ordination service for Minister Gail Annette Land McCullough, 3 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 29, at Friendship Missionary Baptist Church. All invited.
• Youth Ministry, youth leader and director meeting, 10 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 5, at Mount Olive Baptist Church, Chester.
• "Kicking It In The Community," 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 12, in the old movie theater parking lot to encourage health and staying in school. School supplies given out, much more. See your youth leader or director or call Bessie Hall or Pastor Dye.
Seed of Blessings Ministry Revival Center
Revival Thursday at 7 p.m. with Evangelist A.L. Hensley. Simple gospel and prayers for sick and afflicted. All welcome. Church is at 2738 Catawba River Road, Fort Lawn. Call 370-2147.
St. Mark's Episcopal
The Rev. Paul Stricklin will be the new priest from Sunday, Sept. 29, through the Christmas season. Sunday school at 10 a.m., services at 11 a.m.
Sweet Hope Baptist
Gospel Choir anniversary celebration, 7 p.m. tonight.
Together As One
• Bible study, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• Joy Night, 6 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 29.
• Turning Point banquet, 6 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 5, at Parkway Baptist Church, 823 J.A. Cochran Bypass. Tickets are $20. Call Pastor Clawson at 581-4298.
Union Ezell AME Zion
Chinese auction, tonight at American Legion in Lancaster. Doors at 5 p.m., auction at 7 p.m. Call Willie Day at 803-872-4811.
Unique Vision Choir
Fourth anniversary celebration, 6:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 28, at New Vision Church of God of Prophecy, 222 West Elliott St., Chester. Everyone welcome.
United Pentecostal Church
Bible study, 7:30 p.m. Fridays at the Chester YMCA. Call David Hinton at 385-6848. All welcome.
West Chester Baptist
• ICMP Church Health Taskforce to present report during morning worship Sunday. Meal to follow.
• Service at Chester Regional Nursing Center, 3 p.m. Sunday. No evening services as members will go to Westside Baptist to hear about mission trip to India.
• Children's Ministry trip to EdVenture in Columbia, Saturday, Sept. 28. Meet at church at 10 a.m. Children's Ministry will provide tickets, lunch and a snack. Returning around 5 p.m.
• Prayer Team meets at 6 p.m. Tuesdays. All welcome.
• Children collecting tissue, lotion, denture cleaner, lip balm, word search books and devotional books for a visit to Chester Regional Nursing Home in October.
• Trip to Sky Top Orchard for apple picking, Saturday, Oct. 12. Breakfast at Hardee's, lunch at Hubba Hubba Smokehouse. Sign-ups underway for this trip.
• Food pantry item for September is canned corn.
Zion Pilgrim Missionary Baptist
Hymnal Choir 53rd anniversary celebration, 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 6. All welcome.
Zoe Life Community Bible class
Zoe Life Community Bible class, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. first, second and third Tuesdays at Brooklyn Center on Ashford Street. Taught by the Rev. C. Pendergrass.