- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Anointed Church of God
Fall revival, "We Seek and Jesus Will Save," Oct. 27-30. Service Sunday begins at 2 p.m. with the Rev. Joseph Neal of Calvary Baptist. Dinner to follow. Monday through Wednesday, devotions will be at 6:30 p.m. and the service at 7 p.m. The Rev. Corey Sanders will speak Monday, the Rev. Jerome Boyd of Pine Grove Baptist will speak Tuesday and the Rev. Miller of Unity Baptist will speak Wednesday. Church is at 238 Gadsden St. Church choirs will sing. All welcome.
• Charge conference at Bethel, 7 p.m. Monday, Nov. 4.
• Bible study, 2 p.m. Wednesday. UMYF at 5:30 p.m., choir practice at 6:30 p.m.
• AA meetings are held at 8 p.m. Wednesdays in the fellowship hall.
Battered But Not Broken Ministries
• On the first Saturday of each month from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Battered But Not Broken will hold Let's Talk Chester County at 564 York Road. Parents and guardians are invited to discuss events going on in the schools, such as bullying and more.
• Battered But Not Broken Ministry is always in need of donations. Checks may be made out to Battered But Not Broken Ministry and mailed to P.O. Box 213, Chester. The group's mission is to assist families and ex-offenders rebuild their lives in the community while re-establishing homes and helping fight drug and alcohol abuse, crime and violence. Call LeTanya Hall at 385-2290 or visit www.batteredbutnotbrokenministries.org.
• Coat drive going on through Thanksgiving. Bring gently-used coats, blankets or gloves to be distributed in Chester.
• Charge conference, 7 p.m. Monday, Nov. 4.
• Tuesday Bible study group, 11 a.m. Tuesdays in the Book of Job.
• CrossRoads program, 6 p.m. Wednesdays. Covered dish meal at 6 p.m., Bible study at 6:45 p.m.
Black Rock Baptist
Affordable care seminar, 12:30 p.m. Sunday. Public invited.
• Women's getaway at White Oak, Oct. 25-26.
• Council meeting, 6:30 to 7 p.m. Wednesday. Bible study, 7 p.m. Wednesdays.
Branded 4 Life Cowboy Church
Singing and worship, 7 to 8 p.m. Monday at 1777 Old Mill Road, Richburg. All welcome.
Calvary Baptist, Calvary Church Road
• AWANAs, 4 to 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Vans will leave at 7:30 a.m. Monday from the home of Earl and Linda Carter for a day trip to The Cove and Ridgecrest. A few seats are still available.
• Lunch and Bible study at the Cyclone Restaurant, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday. Study on "The Journey" by Dr. Billy Graham.
• Good News Club at Chester Park COLT, 2:30 to 4 p.m. Tuesday. Good News Club will attend Child Evangelism Fellowship banquet at The Gateway, 7 p.m. Tuesday. See Linda Carter.
• Fellowship meal, 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Devotions, prayer and children's programs at 7 p.m. Adult Choir practice at 7:30 p.m.
• See Lynn Lewis to help with Operation Christmas Child.
Capers Chapel UMC
• The Rev. Bryson Williams will hold a Bible study on John, 7 p.m. Sunday.
• Chester Circuit will man the Food Pantry the week of Oct. 28.
• Council on Ministries meeting, 6 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 5, followed by Administrative Board at 7 p.m.
• Reformation Sunday with worship at the Old Brick Church (Ebenezer), 3 p.m. Sunday. Church is near Monticello in Fairfield County. Offering taken, light refreshments served.
• Bible study, 8:30 a.m. Wednesday in the Barron Assembly Room.
• Mid-week meals and activities, Wednesday. Meal at 6 p.m., children/youth activities and mid-week Bible study at 6:45 p.m. and Sanctuary Choir rehearsal at 7:30 p.m.
• Men's Bible study/prayer, 7 a.m. Friday in the Barron Room.
Chester First Baptist
• Softball fundraiser for Mission Team, 2 p.m. Saturday at the Gayle Field. Player entry fee is $10, includes t-shirt. Admission is $5. Hot dogs, drinks, cotton candy for sale. Auction at 2 p.m.
• Finance Committee meeting, Sunday, Nov. 3.
• Palmetto Village sing-alongs, Mondays, Nov. 4 and 18.
• WMU Visitation Committee needs tissue and hand lotion donations for Care Package Project now through Friday, Nov. 8.
• Deacon nominations, Sunday, Nov. 10. Deacon elections, Sunday, Nov. 17.
Chester Second Baptist
• October classes for Vine Institute will be 7 p.m. Mondays at 125 Hudson St. and will feature instructor Cliff Willis from Out There Ministries.
• All services canceled for Wednesday.
• EXALT for middle school and high school students, 7 p.m. Wednesday in the auditorium. Music, videos, messages, testimonies, games and encouragement. Call Nate Malone at 377-7149.
Chestnut Grove AME Zion
Pre-Thanksgiving Chinese auction, Saturday, Nov. 2. Ticket drop at 10:30 a.m., auction at noon. No tickets dropped after noon. Fish and hot dogs for sale. See church members for tickets.
Child Evangelism Fellowship
Annual fundraising banquet, 7 p.m. Tuesday at The Gateway in Richburg. Banquet sponsors and table hosts are needed. Banquet sponsor levels are $250, $500, $1,000 and $1,500 and above. Table hosts invite seven people to sit with them and each person donates a minimum of $50. Speaker will be Richard Summerford, CEF state director. For more information, write CEF, 2260 Cross Pointe Drive Suite 203, Rock Hill, SC 29730 or e-mail cefcrc@ comporium.net. CEF works with school children in Chester, Lancaster and York counties. The goal is to promote and keep Bible study in the schools.
Christian Motorcycle Association
The Warriors of Fire Rock Hill Chapter of the Christian Motorcycle Association meets at 9 a.m. the second Saturday of each month at Golden Corral in Rock Hill. For details visit www.cmausa.org.
Cool Branch Baptist
Pastor Appreciation Day for the Rev. John Epps and his wife Sally during 11 a.m. service Sunday. Meal to follow, ladies should bring well-filled baskets, desserts and tea. Everyone welcome.
El Bethel UMC
Chinese auction, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday. Drawing at 1 p.m. Twenty tickets are $5, proceeds go to missions. Church is at 3462 Catawba River Road (Highway 21 North), Fort Lawn. Call 803-872-4814.
Emmanuel Chapel Missionary Baptist
Trip to MLK Center in Atlanta, Saturday. Call 899-4662 or 374-0476.
Eternal Rock Church
• Breast cancer awareness program, 11 a.m. Sunday. Speakers, praise dancing, more.
• Prayer and Bible study, 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday. Teenage Bible class, 7 to 8 p.m. Tuesday. Refreshments served. Prayer, 9 to 11 p.m. Friday.
Faith and Love Christian Center
• Fall vacation Bible school, 6 to 7 p.m. Oct. 26-30. All welcome.
• Afterschool program, 3 to 6 p.m. Monday-Friday. Teaching, homework help. For information on prices call Wylie Frederick at 377-8302 or Debbie Brown at 519-8734.
First Baptist of Lowrys
• Revival, Sunday through Wednesday. The Rev. Frank Shivers speaks at 11 a.m. Sunday and Pastor Tom Tucker speaks at 6 p.m. Sunday and also at 7 p.m. Monday through Wednesday. Special music by The Heritage Quartet Monday through Wednesday. Youth Night is Wednesday, pizza and fun at 5:30 p.m. All invited.
• AWANAs meeting, Young Believers meeting and Bible study, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
First Baptist of Richburg
Christian Woman's Book Club newly formed for women/men interested in reading and sharing the written word. Meeting Saturday at 4571 Bobcat Lane, Fort Lawn. Call Paula Olive at 704-201-2020.
Fountain of Life Church of God
Sixtieth homecoming, Sunday, Nov. 10. Bishop Thomas Gillum will speak. Lunch on the grounds.
Friendship Missionary Baptist
• Evening of fellowship in honor of Pastor Page and first lady, 6:30 p.m. tonight.
• Ninth annual Cancer Walk, Saturday. Registration from 8 to 8:30 a.m., walk at 9 a.m.
• Twenty-sixth pastor's anniversary, 11 a.m. Sunday. The Rev. Gail McCullough will speak.
• Women's Conference, "The Woman in the Mirror: Who Are You?" Saturday, Nov. 16 and Sunday, Nov. 17. Registration at 9:30 a.m. Nov. 16 and at 9 a.m. Nov. 17. Elder Sharon Cunningham-Feaster of Old Hope Station Baptist, Blair, speaks at 10 a.m. Nov. 16. Pastor Sharon Covington of New Life Community Temple of Faith, Monroe, N.C., speaks at 10 a.m. Nov. 17. Call 385-3094.
• Chinese auction, Saturday. Ticket drop 10 a.m. to noon only, auction at noon. Tickets are $5 for 25 and one door prize. Two grand prizes, tickets are $2 each or three for $5. Food, drinks, gift cards, cash prizes. Call Margaret Young at 385-7879 or Linda Buckson at 581-4772.
Lake Wateree Baptist
Church bazaar, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 9. Arts, crafts and food. Church is at 5856 River Road, Ridgeway, near the Dutchman Creek Bridge.
Lando Church of God
• Revival with Chris Jarrard, Oct. 27-Nov. 3.
• Veterans Day service, Sunday, Nov. 10.
• Deacon on call for the week is Terry Rawls.
• Cooney Wishert is interim speaker.
• Sunday school, 10 a.m. Sunday on "The Unveiling" from Book of Revelations.
• Choir practice and Children's Choir practice, 5:45 p.m. Sunday.
• Study on life of Samson, "Picture of Potential," 7 p.m. Sunday.
• Study on Book of Mark, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• Prisoner Packets need to be ready to go by Sunday, Nov. 17.
• Needed food pantry item is ketchup. Last week was Jell-O.
• Samaritan's Purse shoe boxes are in the library. Everyone asked to fill one up.
• Toys For Tots donation box is in foyer.
Metropolitan AME Zion
Prayer at 6 p.m. and Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Mount Moriah Baptist
Food pantry is open the third Saturday of each month from 10 a.m. to noon. Proof of address and a picture ID are required. Call 377-3495.
Mount Olive Baptist
Board of Trustees annual Hats on Parade program, 3 p.m. Sunday. All welcome. Church is at 176 Center St.
Mount Prospect Baptist
Annual Family Day, Sunday. Sunday school 9 to 9:45 a.m., prayer service 10 to 10:30 a.m., worship at 10:30 a.m. All members, friends, relatives invited.
New Hope UMC
• Van trip to Asbury Hills Fall Festival, Saturday.
• Chester Circuit will man the Food Pantry the week of Oct. 28.
• Bible study on John, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• Fall Festival, 6 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 2. Hay rides, cake walk, marshmallow roasting, trunk or treat.
• Prayer, 6:30 p.m. Monday. Bible classes, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Health checks available through Billy Murphy Foundation, 144 Center St. Call 374-4216 or 385-2878 for appointments. Lines are open for prayer. Call 581-0004.
Paradise AME Zion
• Breast Cancer Awareness Month observed Sunday. Everyone is asked to wear pink in some form. First Lady Camille Peay will preach.
• Bible study, 7 p.m. Wednesday. All welcome.
• WMU collecting for World Hunger during October to feed some local families at Thanksgiving.
• WMU ladies are collecting goods for Prisoner Bags. Cost of a complete bag is $5.65.
• Shoe boxes are in for Operation Christmas Child.
• Non-perishable items needed for food bank.
• Academy for Teaching and Learning collecting old cell phones to give American soldiers calling cards so they can call home.
Pine Grove Baptist
• Gospel Choir 43rd anniversary celebration, 7 p.m. Friday, Nov. 1. All former choir members invited. Musician will be Jason Missouri and Company. All welcome. Call Patricia Craig at 581-1693.
• Intercessory prayer, 6:15 p.m. Wednesday followed by Bible study at 7 p.m.
• Handbell rehearsal, 5:45 p.m. Sunday.
• Boy Scouts meet at 6:30 p.m. Mondays.
• Bible study, 10 a.m. Tuesday. Cub Scouts at 6:30 p.m.
• Adult Choir practice, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Call 377-8175 for details on working in the community garden from 10 a.m. to noon Saturdays.
Rehoboth AME Zion
Prayer and Bible study, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Repairer of the Breach Evangelistic Ministry
• Church Without Walls, 3 to 5 p.m. Sunday at Chester Fairgrounds. To volunteer, call 385-3584.
• Bible study, 7 p.m. Wednesday at Brooklyn Center, 331 Ashford St.
Restoring Hope Foursquare Church
• Hot dog plate sale, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. today and tomorrow. Cost is $5 per plate for two hot dogs, chips, drink and dessert. Condiments include mustard, ketchup, homemade chili, homemade slaw and onions. Proceeds go to building fund. Church is at 157 Pinckney St. Delivery available, call 385-5922.
• Community yard sale and fish fry, Saturday, Nov. 9. Lots size 10x10 available for $5 without a table, $10 with a table. Lots on a first come, first served basis, early registration needed for lots with tables. Proceeds go to building fund.
Sandy River Baptist Association (LD)
• Ministers', Deacons' and Trustees' Spouses Auxiliary annual prayer breakfast, 8 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 2, at Mount Olive Baptist on Center Street. All invited.
• Ministers', Deacons' and Trustees' Spouses Auxiliary will open the 127th session of the association at 5:45 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 3, at Mount Olive Baptist on Center Street. The Rev. Donnie Dye, moderator, will be the speaker. He is pastor of Zion Pilgrim Baptist in Wilksburg. All welcome.
Second Wilson Baptist
Annual 12 Tribe program, 3 p.m. Sunday. The Rev. Ronald Feaster of Mount Olive Baptist, Union, will speak. All welcome.
Seed of Blessings Ministry Revival Center
Revival Thursday at 7 p.m. with Evangelist A.L. Hensley. Simple gospel and prayers for sick and afflicted. All welcome. Church is at 2738 Catawba River Road, Fort Lawn. Call 370-2147.
St. Mark's Episcopal
The Rev. Paul Stricklin will be the new priest through the Christmas season.
St. Paul Halsellville Baptist
Rainbow Family Day, 2 p.m. Sunday. Bishop B.R. Wilson of Gethsemane Church, Rock Hill, will speak. All invited.
Together As One
• Joy Night, Sunday.
• Bible study, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Birthday appreciation for Minister Cora Douglas, 5 p.m. Saturday. Church is at 211 Ligon St.
United Pentecostal Church
Bible study, 7:30 p.m. Fridays at the Chester YMCA. Call David Hinton at 385-6848. All welcome.
Unity Missionary Baptist
Gospel Travelers anniversary celebration, 7 p.m. tonight. Various choirs will sing, all welcome.
West Chester Baptist
Prayer Team meets at 6 p.m. Tuesdays. All welcome.
• Food pantry item for October is canned peas.
• Business meeting, Sunday.
• Fall Festival, 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 2. Games, cake walk, hayride, chili contest.
• Prisoner Packets and Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes due by Sunday, Nov. 3.
• Sign-up deadline for FCA rally/Clemson game is Sunday, Nov. 3.
• New Christian's class for children, 5 p.m. starting Sunday, Nov. 10.
• Shoe boxes for Samaritan's Purse should be filled by the second week in November. See Christi Butler for details.
• WMU scripture appointment calendars for sale for $6. Proceeds will be used for aid to the community. See any WMU member to buy one or leave a message at the church.
Zoe Life Community Bible class
Zoe Life Community Bible class, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. first, second and third Tuesdays at Brooklyn Center on Ashford Street. Taught by the Rev. C. Pendergrass.