- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• UMYF, 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Trunk or Treat, Thursday, Oct. 31. Donations, cakes and baked goods needed for cake walk.
• Charge conference at Bethel, 7 p.m. Monday, Nov. 4.
• Social time follows the morning service at 10:30 a.m. Sunday.
• Bible study, 2 p.m. Wednesday. Choir practice at 6:30 p.m.
• AA meetings are held at 8 p.m. Wednesdays in the fellowship hall.
Battered But Not Broken Ministries
• On the first Saturday of each month from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Battered But Not Broken will hold Let's Talk Chester County at 564 York Road. Parents and guardians are invited to discuss events going on in the schools, such as bullying and more.
• Battered But Not Broken Ministry is always in need of donations. Checks may be made out to Battered But Not Broken Ministry and mailed to P.O. Box 213, Chester. The group's mission is to assist families and ex-offenders rebuild their lives in the community while re-establishing homes and helping fight drug and alcohol abuse, crime and violence. Call LeTanya Hall at 385-2290 or visit www.batteredbutnotbrokenministries.org.
Choir anniversary celebration, 1 p.m. Sunday. All visiting choirs asked to be present.
• Church barbecue, 11 a.m. today. Call 385-3266.
• Family Fall Festival, 5 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 27. Wear Halloween costumes. Pumpkin painting, cake walk, hot dog supper, more.
• Coat drive going on through Thanksgiving. Bring gently-used coats, blankets or gloves to be distributed in Chester.
• Tuesday Bible study group, 11 a.m. Tuesdays in the Book of Job.
• CrossRoads program, 6 p.m. Wednesdays. Covered dish meal at 6 p.m., Bible study at 6:45 p.m.
Black Rock Baptist
Affordable care seminar, 12:30 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 27. Public invited.
• Adult day care visit, Monday.
• Women's getaway at White Oak, Oct. 25-26.
• Council meeting, 6:30 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 30. Bible study, 7 p.m. Wednesdays.
Branded 4 Life Cowboy Church
Singing and worship, 7 to 8 p.m. Monday at 1777 Old Mill Road, Richburg. All welcome.
Calvary Baptist, Calvary Church Road
• Trip to see Johnny Appleseed at the Apple Farm, 10 a.m. Saturday.
• Memorial service for Jimmy Cornwell, 2 p.m. Sunday.
• Drama practice, 3 p.m. Sunday. AWANAs, 4 p.m. Sunday. Cantata practice at 6 p.m.
• Church bus leaves for Chester Baptist Association meeting at Harmony Baptist, 2 p.m. Monday.
• Lunch and Bible study at the Cyclone Restaurant, 11 a.m. Tuesday.
• Good News Club at Chester Park COLT, 2:30 to 4 p.m. Tuesday.
• Fellowship meal, 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Devotions, Bible study and children's programs at 7 p.m. Choir practice at 7:30 p.m.
• Singing at Chester Active Day Center, Thursday.
• Day trip to The Cove and Ridgecrest near Asheville, 7:30 a.m. Monday, Oct. 28. See Linda Carter.
Capers Chapel UMC
• The Rev. Bryson Williams will hold a Bible study on John, 7 p.m. Sunday.
• Chester Circuit will man the Food Pantry the week of Oct. 28.
Cedar Rock Baptist
Usher Board program, 6 p.m. Sunday with the Rev. Charles E. Robinson Sr. of Columbia.
• Reformation Sunday with worship at the Old Brick Church (Ebenezer), 3 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 27. Church is near Monticello in Fairfield County. Offering taken, light refreshments served.
• Fall Festival, 5 to 7 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 27, at home of Troy and Susan Lalli.
• Trunk or Treat, 6 p.m.Thursday, Oct. 31, in the church parking lot.
• Bible study, 8:30 a.m. Wednesday in the Barron Assembly Room.
• Mid-week meals and activities, Wednesday. Meal at 6 p.m., children/youth activities and mid-week Bible study at 6:45 p.m. and Sanctuary Choir rehearsal at 7:30 p.m.
• Men's Bible study/prayer, 7 a.m. Friday in the Barron Room.
Chester First Baptist
• Staff Recognition Day, Sunday.
• Palmetto sing-alongs, 3 p.m. Monday.
• Softball fundraiser for Mission Team, Saturday, Oct. 26, at the Gayle Field. Players asked to make a $10 donation to play, admission is $5. Hot dogs, drinks, cotton candy for sale. Auction at 2 p.m.
Chester Second Baptist
• Praise Team will perform at HILLarity from 9:15 to 10:15 a.m. Saturday.
• October classes for Vine Institute will be 7 p.m. Mondays at 125 Hudson St. and will feature instructor Cliff Willis from Out There Ministries.
• Wednesday night fellowship, Oct. 23 at 6 p.m. View menus or register at www.chestersecond baptist.com.
• Ladies' monthly Bible study, 7 p.m. Thursday. Study on "Trusting God." Call the church for location.
• All services canceled for Wednesday, Oct. 30.
• Fall Festival, 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 31. Free event featuring food, inflatables, pony rides, archery, face painting and more.
• EXALT for middle school and high school students, 7 p.m. Wednesday in the auditorium. Music, videos, messages, testimonies, games and encouragement. Call Nate Malone at 377-7149.
Child Evangelism Fellowship
Annual fundraising banquet, 7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 29, at The Gateway in Richburg. Banquet sponsors and table hosts are needed. Banquet sponsor levels are $250, $500, $1,000 and $1,500 and above. Table hosts invite seven people to sit with them and each person donates a minimum of $50. Speaker will be Richard Summerford, CEF state director. For more information, write CEF, 2260 Cross Pointe Drive Suite 203, Rock Hill, SC 29730 or e-mail cefcrc@ comporium.net. CEF works with school children in Chester, Lancaster and York counties. The goal is to promote and keep Bible study in the schools.
Christian Motorcycle Association
The Warriors of Fire Rock Hill Chapter of the Christian Motorcycle Association meets at 9 a.m. the second Saturday of each month at Golden Corral in Rock Hill. For details visit www.cmausa.org.
Emmanuel Chapel Missionary Baptist
Trip to MLK Center in Atlanta, Saturday, Oct. 26. Non-refundable deposit due now, balance due Sunday, Oct. 20. Seats are $40 per person including children. Call 899-4662 or 374-0476.
Eternal Rock Church
• Breast cancer awareness program, 11 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 27. Speakers, praise dancing, more.
• Prayer and Bible study, 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday. Teenage Bible class, 7 to 8 p.m. Tuesday. Refreshments served. Prayer, 9 to 11 p.m. Friday.
Faith and Love Christian Center
• Fall vacation Bible school, 6 to 7 p.m. Oct. 26-30. All welcome.
• Fall Festival, 5 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 31. Free food, candy, prizes and a cake walk. No costumes or body markings allowed.
• Afterschool program, 3 to 6 p.m. Monday-Friday. Teaching, homework help. For information on prices call Wylie Frederick at 377-8302 or Debbie Brown at 519-8734.
First Baptist of Richburg
Christian Woman's Book Club newly formed for women/men interested in reading and sharing the written word. Meeting Saturday at 4571 Bobcat Lane, Fort Lawn. Call Paula Olive at 704-201-2020.
Fishing Creek Presbyterian
Fall Festival, 4 to 8 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26. Fun and games for all ages. Activities will be inside in case of rain. Church is on Fishing Creek Road, Chester.
Chinese auction, Saturday. Drop time 10 a.m. to noon, auction at noon. Buy four packs of tickets, get one free. Gift card table, gifts and 50/50 drawing. Call 519-7113, 385-2046 or 374-6276.
Annual Associational Baptist meeting, Monday. Sessions at 3:25 p.m. and 6:45 p.m. Meal served between sessions.
Harvest Time Ministries
Crusade For Jesus Deliverance Tent Ministry, 6:30 p.m. nightly at 118 Hamilton St. Singing nightly, various speakers.
Holy Ghost Tent Revival
Brother Thomas Currence will hold a Holy Ghost Tent Revival at 7 p.m. nightly in the field beside Great Falls Feed & Seed. Preaching, teaching, healing and deliverance. Singing every night with Richard Wilkes, recording artist Jackie Beatty Greene and others. Anyone interested in providing donations of Bibles, finances or gas can call Brother Thomas Currence at 374-4466.
Lando Church of God
• Girls Jamboree, Saturday.
• Fall Festival at Lando History Center, 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26. Bring individually-wrapped candy.
• Revival with Chris Jarrard, Oct. 27-Nov. 3.
• Veterans Day service, Sunday, Nov. 10.
• Message on "Handwriting on the Wall" by Cooney Wishert Sunday.
• Halloween Fun Festival, 4:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26, at the church.
• Meet at church with Pastor Joey to go out and witness at HILLarity Saturday.
• Men's supper at Chester's Cove, 7 p.m. Saturday.
• Sunday school, 10 a.m. Sunday on "The Unveiling" from Book of Revelations.
• Choir practice and Children's Choir practice, 5:45 p.m. Sunday.
• Study on life of Samson, "Picture of Potential," 7 p.m. Sunday.
• Study on Book of Mark, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• Prisoner Packets need to be ready to go by Sunday, Nov. 17.
• Needed food pantry item is instant Jell-O. Last week was instant oatmeal.
• Samaritan's Purse shoe boxes are in the library. Everyone asked to fill one up.
• Toys For Tots donation box is in foyer.
Metropolitan AME Zion
Prayer at 6 p.m. and Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Mount Hopewell Baptist
Pastor appreciation for Pastor Timothy and First Lady Denise Cousar, 2:30 p.m. Sunday. Associate Ministers Arthur Bell Sr. and David Cousar will speak at 11 a.m. Pastor Corey Jackson of Upper Hope Station will preach in the afternoon. Various choirs will sing. All welcome.
Mount Moriah Baptist
Food pantry is open the third Saturday of each month from 10 a.m. to noon. Proof of address and a picture ID are required. Call 377-3495.
Mount Olive Baptist
Board of Trustees annual Hats on Parade program, 3 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 27. All welcome. Church is at 176 Center St.
Mount Pleasant Baptist
Celebration of 125th anniversary, 10 a.m. Sunday with Family Day, lunch and history of the church.
Mount Zion Baptist
Missionary program, 2:30 p.m. Sunday with the Rev. Donnie Dye of Zion Pilgrim Missionary Baptist.
New Hope UMC
• Choir practice, 6 p.m. Wednesday followed by Bible study on John at 7 p.m.
• Van trip to Asbury Hills Fall Festival, Saturday, Oct. 26.
• Chester Circuit will man the Food Pantry the week of Oct. 28.
• Fall Festival, 6 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 2. Hay rides, cake walk, marshmallow roasting, trunk or treat.
Old Wilson Baptist
Women's Day, 10:30 a.m. Sunday with Minister Kenyatta Tisdale of Mount Hebron Baptist, Leslie. Ladies should wear white. All invited.
Trunk or Treat, Thursday, Oct. 31.
• Prayer, 6:30 p.m. Monday. Bible classes, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Health checks available through Billy Murphy Foundation, 144 Center St. Call 374-4216 or 385-2878 for appointments. Lines are open for prayer. Call 581-0004.
Paradise AME Zion
• Clothes and shoes giveaway, 8 a.m. Saturday. All welcome.
• Organizational meeting, 10 a.m. Saturday. Clean-up to follow.
• Bible study, 7 p.m. Wednesday. All welcome.
• Breast Cancer Awareness Month observed Sunday, Oct. 27. Everyone is asked to wear pink in some form. Minister Camille Peay, associate pastor, will preach.
• The Academy for Teaching and Learning is collecting old cell phones to give an American soldier a calling card. Each phone turned in equals $5. Phones can be turned in at the office.
• World Hunger banks are out. World Hunger Day is Sunday.
• WMU ladies are collecting goods for Prisoner Bags. Cost of a complete bag is $5.65. See Lib Fairfax.
• Shoe boxes are in for Operation Christmas Child.
• Non-perishable items needed for food bank.
Pine Grove Baptist
• Gospel Choir 43rd anniversary celebration, 7 p.m. Friday, Nov. 1. All former choir members invited. Musician will be Jason Missouri and Company. All welcome. Call Patricia Craig at 581-1693.
• Intercessory prayer, 6:15 p.m. Wednesday followed by Bible study at 7 p.m.
• Purity Bells perform during 11 a.m. worship Sunday.
• Handbell rehearsal, 5:45 p.m. Sunday.
• Boy Scouts meet at 6:30 p.m. Mondays.
• Bible study, 10 a.m. Tuesday. Cub Scouts at 6:30 p.m.
• Wednesday night programs start at 6 p.m. Meal for children, snack for adults. Bible study and activities for all ages.
• Adult Choir practice, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Call 377-8175 for details on working in the community garden from 10 a.m. to noon Saturdays.
Red Hill Missionary Baptist
Annual fall revival, 2 p.m. Sunday with Pastor Warren Baxter of Ebenezer Baptist, Leeds.
Rehoboth AME Zion
• Pastor's appreciation service for the Rev. Dr. W. Robert Johnson III during morning worship Sunday. Fellowship lunch to follow at The Wagon Wheel in Fort Lawn.
• Prayer and Bible study, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Repairer of the Breach Evangelistic Ministry
• Church Without Walls, 3 to 5 p.m. Sundays, Oct. 20 and 27, at Chester Fairgrounds. To volunteer, call 385-3584.
• Bible study, 7 p.m. Wednesday at Brooklyn Center, 331 Ashford St.
Sandy River Baptist Association (LD)
• Ministers', Deacons' and Trustees' Spouses Auxiliary annual prayer breakfast, 8 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 2, at Mount Olive Baptist on Center Street. All invited.
• Ministers', Deacons' and Trustees' Spouses Auxiliary will open the annual session of the association at 5:45 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 3, at Mount Olive Baptist on Center Street. The Rev. Donnie Dye will be moderator. All welcome.
Seed of Blessings Ministry Revival Center
Revival Thursday at 7 p.m. with Evangelist A.L. Hensley. Simple gospel and prayers for sick and afflicted. All welcome. Church is at 2738 Catawba River Road, Fort Lawn. Call 370-2147.
St. Mark's Episcopal
The Rev. Paul Stricklin will be the new priest through the Christmas season. Sunday school at 10 a.m., services at 11 a.m.
St. Paul Halsellville Baptist
Rainbow Family Day, 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 27. Bishop B.R. Wilson of Gethsemane Church, Rock Hill, will speak. All invited.
Together As One
• Bible study, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• Joy Night, Sunday, Oct. 27.
• Gospel Choir anniversary celebration, 7 p.m. Saturday with Jason Missouri and Company of Camden. Various groups and choirs invited.
• Birthday appreciation for Minister Cora Douglas, 5 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26. All invited. Church is at 211 Ligon St.
United Pentecostal Church
Bible study, 7:30 p.m. Fridays at the Chester YMCA. Call David Hinton at 385-6848. All welcome.
Unity Missionary Baptist
Gospel Travelers anniversary celebration, 7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 25. Various choirs will sing, all welcome.
West Chester Baptist
• Business meeting will follow morning worship Sunday. Messengers will be voted on to go to the state convention Nov. 12-13 at Shandon Baptist, Columbia.
• Prayer Team meets at 6 p.m. Tuesdays. All welcome.
• Children visiting Chester Regional Nursing Center, 3 p.m. Saturday.
• Food pantry item for October is canned peas.
• Fall Festival, Saturday, Nov. 2.
• New Christian's class for children, 5 p.m. starting Sunday, Nov. 10.
• Tuesday visitation, 6:30 p.m.
Zoe Life Community Bible class
Zoe Life Community Bible class, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. first, second and third Tuesdays at Brooklyn Center on Ashford Street. Taught by the Rev. C. Pendergrass.