- Special Sections
- Public Notices
One hundred tenth anniversary celebration, 2:30 p.m. Sunday with Pastor Charles Booker Jr. and Mount Do-Well Baptist of McConnells. Theme: "Finding Your Gift and Exercising It In The Body of Christ (The Church)." All welcome.
• Roberts reunion, 1 p.m. Sunday.
• UMYF at Bethel, 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Social time, 10 a.m. Sundays. Volunteers needed to host each week.
• To place flowers in the sanctuary see Joy Fleming or Margie Atkinson.
• Choir has started practice for Christmas cantata. See Gargie B. to participate.
• Bible study, 2 p.m. Wednesday. Choir practice at 6:30 p.m.
• AA meetings are held at 8 p.m. Wednesdays in the fellowship hall.
Battered But Not Broken Ministries
• On the first Saturday of each month from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Battered But Not Broken will hold Let's Talk Chester County at 564 York Road. Parents and guardians are invited to discuss events going on in the schools, such as bullying and more.
• Battered But Not Broken Ministry is always in need of donations. Checks may be made out to Battered But Not Broken Ministry and mailed to P.O. Box 213, Chester. The group's mission is to assist families and ex-offenders rebuild their lives in the community while re-establishing homes and helping fight drug and alcohol abuse, crime and violence. Call LeTanya Hall at 385-2290 or visit www.batteredbutnotbrokenministries.org.
• Volunteers needed for seventh annual church barbecue set for Friday, Oct. 18. Call 385-3266.
• Tuesday Bible study group, 11 a.m. Tuesdays in the Book of Job.
• CrossRoads program, 6 p.m. Wednesdays. Covered dish meal at 6 p.m., Bible study at 6:45 p.m.
Black Rock Baptist
Affordable care seminar, 12:30 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 27. Public invited.
Branded 4 Life Cowboy Church
Singing and worship, 7 to 8 p.m. Monday at 1777 Old Mill Road, Richburg. All welcome.
Browns Chapel AME Zion
Twenty-fourth anniversary celebration for the pastor, 4 p.m. Saturday. Theme: "Honoring Our Pastor With Overwhelming Love." Public welcome.
Calvary Baptist, Calvary Church Road
• New Sunday school class for new members, 10 a.m. Sunday.
• AWANAs for ages two through 18, 4 to 6 p.m. Sunday. Cantata practice at 6 p.m.
• Lunch and Bible study at the Cyclone Restaurant, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday.
• Good News Club at Chester Park COLT, 2:30 to 4 p.m. Tuesday. Call Linda Carter at 581-3962.
• Fellowship meal, 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Devotions, prayer and children's meetings at 7 p.m. Adult Choir practice at 7:30 p.m.
• Church bus leaves for Chester Baptist Association annual meeting at Harmony Baptist, 2 p.m. Monday, Oct. 21.
• Day trip to The Cove and Ridgecrest near Asheville, 7:30 a.m. Monday, Oct. 28. See Linda Carter.
Calvary Baptist, Walnut Street
Ordination service for Minister Julia Hemphill, 3 p.m. Sunday. All invited.
Capers Chapel UMC
The Rev. Bryson Williams will hold a Bible study on John starting at 7 p.m. Sunday.
Cedar Rock Baptist
Usher Board program, 6 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 20, with the Rev. Charles E. Robinson Sr. of Columbia.
• Fall Festival, 5 to 7 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 27, at home of Troy and Susan Lalli.
• Trunk or Treat, 6 p.m.Thursday, Oct. 31, in the church parking lot.
• Volunteers and crafters needed for new Christmas season Chrismons, 10 a.m. Wednesdays. Call Ed and Jan Mauney at 377-4514 or Larry and Anna Whitesides at 803-222-7424.
• Mid-week meals and activities, Wednesday. Meal at 6 p.m., children/youth activities and mid-week Bible study at 6:45 p.m. and Sanctuary Choir rehearsal at 7:30 p.m.
• Men's Bible study/prayer, 7 a.m. Friday in the Barron Room.
Chester First Baptist
• Lord's supper, Sunday.
• Quarterly church conference, 6:45 p.m. Wednesday.
• Senior adult luncheon, 11 a.m. Thursday.
• Staff Recogntion Day, Sunday, Oct. 20.
• Palmetto sing-alongs, 3 p.m. Monday, Oct. 21.
• Softball fundraiser for Mission Team, Saturday, Oct. 26, at the Gayle Field. Players asked to make a $10 donation to play, admission is $5. Hot dogs, drinks, cotton candy for sale. Auction at 2 p.m.
Chester Second Baptist
• Ministry sheets due Sunday.
• Final payment for Women's Retreat due Monday.
• October classes for Vine Institute will be 7 p.m. Mondays at 125 Hudson St. and will feature instructor Cliff Willis from Out There Ministries.
• Praise Team will perform at HILLarity from 9:15 to 10:15 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 19.
• Wednesday night fellowship, Oct. 23 at 6 p.m. View menus or register at www.chestersecond baptist.com.
• Ladies' monthly Bible study, 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 24, continuing study on "Trusting God." Call the church for location.
• All services canceled for Wednesday, Oct. 30.
• Fall Festival, 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 31. Free event featuring food, inflatables, pony rides, archery, face painting and more.
• EXALT for middle school and high school students, 7 p.m. Wednesday in the auditorium. Music, videos, messages, testimonies, games and encouragement. Call Nate Malone at 377-7149.
Child Evangelism Fellowship
Annual fundraising banquet, 7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 29, at The Gateway in Richburg. Banquet sponsors and table hosts are needed. Banquet sponsor levels are $250, $500, $1,000 and $1,500 and above. Table hosts invite seven people to sit with them and each person donates a minimum of $50. Speaker will be Richard Summerford, CEF state director. For more information, write CEF, 2260 Cross Pointe Drive Suite 203, Rock Hill, SC 29730 or e-mail cefcrc@ comporium.net. CEF works with school children in Chester, Lancaster and York counties. The goal is to promote and keep Bible study in the schools.
Christian Motorcycle Association
The Warriors of Fire Rock Hill Chapter of the Christian Motorcycle Association meets at 9 a.m. the second Saturday of each month at Golden Corral in Rock Hill. For details visit www.cmausa.org.
Cool Branch Baptist
Seniors' one-day trip to the mountains, 8 a.m. Tuesday. Breakfast on the way, dinner at Golden Corral. See Peggy Swearingen if interested.
New Life Choir anniverary, 2:30 p.m. Sunday. All welcome.
Emmanuel Chapel Missionary Baptist
Trip to MLK Center in Atlanta, Saturday, Oct. 26. Non-refundable deposit due now, balance due Sunday, Oct. 20. Seats are $40 per person including children. Call 899-4662 or 374-0476.
Eternal Rock Church
Prayer and Bible study, 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday. Teenage Bible class, 7 to 8 p.m. Tuesday. Refreshments served. Prayer, 9 to 11 p.m. Friday.
Faith and Love Christian Center
• Fall Festival, 5 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 31. Free food, candy, prizes and a cake walk. No costumes or body markings allowed.
• Afterschool program, 3 to 6 p.m. Monday-Friday. Teaching, homework help. For information on prices call Wylie Frederick at 377-8302 or Debbie Brown at 519-8734.
First Baptist of Richburg
Christian Woman's Book Club newly formed for women/men interested in reading and sharing the written word. Meeting Saturday at 4571 Bobcat Lane, Fort Lawn. Call Paula Olive at 704-201-2020.
Friendship Missionary Baptist
Annual Senior Missionary program, 2 p.m. Sunday with the Rev. Gail McCullough.
Chinese auction, Saturday, Oct. 19. Drop time 10 a.m. to noon, auction at noon. Buy four packs of tickets, get one free. Gift card table, gifts and 50/50 drawing. Call 519-7113, 385-2046 or 374-6276.
Annual Associational Baptist meeting, Monday, Oct. 21. Sessions at 3:25 p.m. and 6:45 p.m. Meal served between sessions.
Harvest Time Ministries
Crusade For Jesus Deliverance Tent Ministry, 6:30 p.m. nightly at 118 Hamilton St. Singing nightly, various speakers.
Holy Ghost Tent Revival
Brother Thomas Currence will hold a Holy Ghost Tent Revival at 7 p.m. nightly in the field beside Great Falls Feed & Seed. Preaching, teaching, healing and deliverance. Singing every night with Richard Wilkes, recording artist Jackie Beatty Greene and others. Anyone interested in providing donations of Bibles, finances or gas can call Brother Thomas Currence at 374-4466.
• Sunday school, 10 a.m. Sunday on "The Unveiling" from Book of Revelations.
• World Hunger Day, Sunday. Bring a can of soup.
• Choir practice and Children's Choir practice, 5:45 p.m. Sunday.
• Study on life of Samson, "Picture of Potential," 7 p.m. Sunday.
• Study on Book of Mark, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• Men's supper at Chester's Cove, 7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 19.
• Prisoner Packets need to be ready to go by Sunday, Nov. 17.
• Needed food pantry item is instant oatmeal. Last week was hard candy.
• Toys For Tots donation box is in foyer.
Metropolitan AME Zion
Prayer at 6 p.m. and Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Mount Hopewell Baptist
Pastor appreciation for Pastor Timothy and First Lady Denise Cousar, 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 20. Associate Ministers Arthur Bell Sr. and David Cousar will speak at 11 a.m. Pastor Corey Jackson of Upper Hope Station will preach in the afternoon. Various choirs will sing. All welcome.
Mount Moriah Baptist
Food pantry is open the third Saturday of each month from 10 a.m. to noon. Proof of address and a picture ID are required. Call 377-3495.
Mount Olive Baptist, Fairfield
Male Choir anniversary celebration, 5 p.m. Saturday. Various choirs will sing.
New Hope UMC
• Van trip to Asbury Hills Fall Festival, Saturday, Oct. 26.
• Fall Festival, 6 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 2. Hay rides, cake walk, marshmallow roasting, trunk or treat.
• The Rev. Bryson Williams will hold a Bible study on John, 7 p.m. Wednesdays.
• Men's Ministries breakfast, Saturday.
• Deacons' meeting, Tuesday.
• Prayer, 6:30 p.m. Monday. Bible classes, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Health checks available through Billy Murphy Foundation, 144 Center St. Call 374-4216 or 385-2878 for appointments. Lines are open for prayer. Call 581-0004.
• The Academy for Teaching and Learning is collecting old cell phones to give an American soldier a calling card. Each phone turned in equals $5. Phones can be turned in at the office.
• World Hunger banks are out. World Hunger Day is Sunday.
• Shoe boxes are in for Operation Christmas Child.
• Non-perishable items needed for food bank.
Pine Grove Baptist
Intercessory prayer, 6:15 p.m. Wednesday followed by Bible study at 7 p.m.
• Handbell rehearsal, 5:45 p.m. Sunday.
• Boy Scouts meet at 6:30 p.m. Mondays.
• Bible study, 10 a.m. Tuesday. Cub Scouts at 6:30 p.m.
• Wednesday night programs start at 6 p.m. Meal for children, snack for adults. Bible study and activities for all ages.
• Adult Choir practice, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Drop off cookies for HILLarity on Friday, Oct. 18. HILLarity is Saturday, Oct. 19.
• Call 377-8175 for details on working in the community garden from 10 a.m. to noon Saturdays.
Red Hill Baptist
Homecoming, 2 p.m. Sunday. The Rev. Jerry Aiken of Tranquil AME Zion Church in Bradley will speak.
Rehoboth AME Zion
• Pastor's appreciation service for the Rev. Dr. W. Robert Johnson III during morning worship Sunday, Oct. 20. Fellowship lunch to follow at The Wagon Wheel in Fort Lawn.
• Prayer and Bible study, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Repairer of the Breach Evangelistic Ministry
• Church Without Walls, 3 to 5 p.m. Sundays, Oct. 13, 20 and 27 at Chester Fairgrounds. To volunteer, call 385-3584.
• Bible study, 7 p.m. Wednesday at Brooklyn Center, 331 Ashford St.
Sandy River Baptist Association (LD)
• "Kicking It In The Community," 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday in the old movie theater parking lot to encourage health and staying in school. School supplies given out, much more. See your youth leader or director or call Bessie Hall or Pastor Dye.
• Ordination service for Minister Julia Maria Hemphill, 3 p.m. Sunday at Calvary Baptist, Chester.
Seed of Blessings Ministry Revival Center
Revival Thursday at 7 p.m. with Evangelist A.L. Hensley. Simple gospel and prayers for sick and afflicted. All welcome. Church is at 2738 Catawba River Road, Fort Lawn. Call 370-2147.
St. Mark's Episcopal
The Rev. Paul Stricklin will be the new priest through the Christmas season. Sunday school at 10 a.m., services at 11 a.m.
St. Paul Halsellville Baptist
Rainbow Family Day, 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 27. Bishop B.R. Wilson of Gethsemane Church, Rock Hill, will speak. All invited.
Temple of Praise
Fall revival, 2 p.m. Sunday with Pastor David Walker of Global Ministries of Rock Hill.
Monday through Wednesday, Oct. 14-16, at 7 p.m. nightly with Pastor Chester Gray of New Samaritian Baptist, Columbia. Church is at 112 Hudson St.
Together As One
• Friendship Day, 11 a.m. Sunday. Invite a friend, stay for lunch afterward.
• Bible study, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• Joy Night, Sunday, Oct. 27.
True Gospel Church of God in Christ
Pastor Appreciation Day for Pastor Lenard Price and First Lady Senda Price, 5 p.m. Sunday.
Birthday appreciation for Minister Cora Douglas, 5 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26. All invited. Church is at 211 Ligon St.
United Pentecostal Church
Bible study, 7:30 p.m. Fridays at the Chester YMCA. Call David Hinton at 385-6848. All welcome.
West Chester Baptist
• Guest speaker for Pastor Appreciation Day Sunday with fellowship meal to follow.
• Senior ministry trip, Oct. 14-16.
• Business meeting will follow morning worship Sunday, Oct. 20. Messengers will be voted on to go to the state convention Nov. 12-13 at Shandon Baptist, Columbia.
• Prayer Team meets at 6 p.m. Tuesdays. All welcome.
• Trip to Sky Top Orchard for apple picking, 8 a.m. Saturday. Breakfast at Hardee's, lunch at Hubba Hubba Smokehouse. Sign-ups underway for this trip.
• Children collecting toiletry items for a visit to Chester Regional Nursing Center on Saturday, Oct. 19.
Zoe Life Community Bible class
Zoe Life Community Bible class, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. first, second and third Tuesdays at Brooklyn Center on Ashford Street. Taught by the Rev. C. Pendergrass.