- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Men's breakfast, 8 a.m. Sunday.
• All Saints Sunday, 9:30 a.m. on Nov. 3.
• Veteran's Sunday, 9:30 a.m. on Nov. 10.
• Mature Years meeting at Crossroads Restaurant, 9:30 a.m. Sunday, Nov. 10.
• Bible study, 2 p.m. Wednesday.
• AA meetings are held at 8 p.m. Wednesdays in the fellowship hall.
Battered But Not Broken Ministries
• On the first Saturday of each month from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Battered But Not Broken will hold Let's Talk Chester County at 564 York Road. Parents and guardians are invited to discuss events going on in the schools, such as bullying and more.
• Battered But Not Broken Ministry is always in need of donations. Checks may be made out to Battered But Not Broken Ministry and mailed to P.O. Box 213, Chester. The group's mission is to assist families and ex-offenders rebuild their lives in the community while re-establishing homes and helping fight drug and alcohol abuse, crime and violence. Call LeTanya Hall at 385-2290 or visit www.batteredbutnotbrokenministries.org.
• All Saints Sunday, Nov. 3. Those who have passed away since last All Saints Day will be remembered. All welcome.
• UMYF, 5 p.m. Sunday.
• Coat drive going on through Thanksgiving. Bring gently-used coats, blankets or gloves to be distributed in Chester.
• Charge conference postponed until a later date in November.
• Tuesday Bible study group, 11 a.m. Tuesdays in the Book of Job.
• CrossRoads program, 6 p.m. Wednesdays. Covered dish meal at 6 p.m., Bible study at 6:45 p.m.
Branded 4 Life Cowboy Church
Singing and worship, 7 to 8 p.m. Monday at 1777 Old Mill Road, Richburg. All welcome.
Calvary Baptist, Calvary Church Road
• Concert by The Telestials set for Saturday has been postponed.
• Drama practice, 3 p.m. Sunday. AWANAs, 4 to 6 p.m.
• Lunch and Bible study at the Cyclone Restaurant, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday.
• Good News Club at Chester Park COLT, 2:15 to 4 p.m. Tuesday. Call Linda Carter at 581-3962 to register children age five through fifth grade.
• Fellowship meal, 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Devotions, prayer and children's meetings at 7 p.m. Adult Choir and cantata practice at 7:30 p.m.
• See Lynn Lewis to help with Operation Christmas Child.
Capers Chapel UMC
• The Rev. Bryson Williams will hold a Bible study on John, 7 p.m. Sunday.
• Council on Ministries meeting, 6 p.m. Tuesday followed by Administrative Board at 7 p.m.
• Bible study, 8:30 a.m. Wednesday in the Barron Assembly Room.
• Mid-week meals and activities, Wednesday. Meal at 6 p.m., children/youth activities and mid-week Bible study at 6:45 p.m. and Sanctuary Choir rehearsal at 7:30 p.m.
• Men's Bible study/prayer, 7 a.m. Friday in the Barron Room.
Chester First Baptist
• Finance Committee meeting, Sunday.
• Palmetto Village sing-alongs, Mondays, Nov. 4 and 18.
• WMU Visitation Committee needs tissue and hand lotion donations for Care Package Project now through Friday, Nov. 8.
• Deacon nominations, Sunday, Nov. 10. Deacon elections, Sunday, Nov. 17.
• Senior adult luncheon, Thursday, Nov. 21.
Chester Second Baptist
EXALT for middle school and high school students, 7 p.m. Wednesday in the auditorium. Music, videos, messages, testimonies, games and encouragement. Call Nate Malone at 377-7149.
Chestnut Grove AME Zion
Pre-Thanksgiving Chinese auction, Saturday. Ticket drop at 10:30 a.m., auction at noon. No tickets dropped after noon. Fish and hot dogs for sale. See church members for tickets.
Christian Motorcycle Association
The Warriors of Fire Rock Hill Chapter of the Christian Motorcycle Association meets at 9 a.m. the second Saturday of each month at Golden Corral in Rock Hill. For details visit www.cmausa.org.
Cool Branch Baptist
• Family Night, Sunday. Cantata practice at 3 p.m., choir practice at 4 p.m., group meetings at 4:45 p.m., meal at 5 p.m. (ladies should bring finger foods, dessert and tea), program by WMU led by Lisa Taylor at 6 p.m. and deacons' meeting at 7 p.m. All welcome.
• Senior group to Billy Graham Library, Tuesday, Nov. 19; and to Southern Living Christmas Show Thursday, Nov. 21. See Peggy Swearingen for sign-up and details.
• Thanksgiving meal after worship Sunday, Nov. 24. Ladies should bring side dishes, desserts and tea; turkey provided by the church. All welcome.
Eternal Rock Church
Prayer and Bible study, 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday. Teenage Bible class, 7 to 8 p.m. Tuesday. Refreshments served. Prayer, 9 to 11 p.m. Friday.
Faith and Love Christian Center
Afterschool program, 3 to 6 p.m. Monday-Friday. Teaching, homework help. For information on prices call Wylie Frederick at 377-8302 or Debbie Brown at 519-8734.
First Baptist of Lowrys
• Children's hay ride, 5 p.m. tonight. Hot dogs, hay rides, games and fun made possible by a donation from Mr. and Mrs. Fred Castles.
• Choir practice, 4:30 p.m. Sunday. Youth Bible study at 6 p.m.
• Youth meeting, AWANAs and prayer meeting, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
First Baptist of Richburg
Christian Woman's Book Club newly formed for women/men interested in reading and sharing the written word. Meeting Saturday at 4571 Bobcat Lane, Fort Lawn. Call Paula Olive at 704-201-2020.
First Free Will Baptist
• Happy Stitchers meeting, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday.
• Pastor Appreciation Sunday, Nov. 3. Bring a meal.
• Ladies Auxiliary fundraiser dinner follows morning Sunday, Nov. 10.
• Ladies Auxiliary meeting, 7 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 12.
• Happy Stitchers Christmas Bazaar, 9 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 16. Crafts, hash, chicken stew, baked goods.
Fountain of Life Church of God
• Sixtieth homecoming, Sunday, Nov. 10. Bishop Thomas Gillum will speak. Lunch on the grounds.
• JOY Ministry, noon Thursday, Nov. 21.
• No mid-week service Wednesday, Nov. 27.
Friendship Missionary Baptist
Total Praise will have a musician appreciation program for Correy Campbell at 5 p.m. Saturday. All praise teams and dance teams asked to come out. Call 803-448-7287, 209-3534 or 385-5726.
Women's Conference, "The Woman in the Mirror: Who Are You?" Saturday, Nov. 16 and Sunday, Nov. 17. Registration at 9:30 a.m. Nov. 16 and at 9 a.m. Nov. 17. Elder Sharon Cunningham-Feaster of Old Hope Station Baptist, Blair, speaks at 10 a.m. Nov. 16. Pastor Sharon Covington of New Life Community Temple of Faith, Monroe, N.C., speaks at 10 a.m. Nov. 17. Call 385-3094.
Heath Memorial UMC
Gospel singing and barbecue sale, Saturday. Singing at 5 p.m. with Teresa Reynolds and Tim Henderson, barbecue at 6:30 p.m. Church is in Lando, all welcome.
Lake Wateree Baptist
• Lumber River Quartet sings at 6 p.m. Saturday.
• Church bazaar, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 9. Arts, crafts and food.
• Royal Heirs of Camden sing at 6 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 10. Church is at 5856 River Road, Ridgeway.
Lando Church of God
• Revival with Chris Jarrard concludes Sunday.
• Veterans Day service, Sunday, Nov. 10.
• Leeds' new website is www.leedsbaptist.org or Facebook.
• Kelly Hoskins begins a series of Sunday school lessons on the Book of Romans this Sunday.
• Testimony Week begins Sunday.
• Veterans' program, Sunday, Nov. 10, to honor all veterans, police, EMS, fire departments, rescue squads and forestry service.
• Cooney Wishert is serving as interim speaker.
• Sunday school, 10 a.m. Sunday. Worship at 11 a.m. on "The Unveiling" from Book of Revelations.
• Choir practice, 5:45 p.m. Sunday; Children's Choir practice, 6 p.m.
• Study on life of Samson, "Picture of Potential," 7 p.m. Sunday.
• Women's Day of Prayer at Woodward, 7 p.m. Monday. Leaving church at 6:15 p.m.
• Brotherhood, Women on Mission, Youth Destination Unknown, Children In Action and Mission Friends, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• Prisoner Packets need to be ready to go by Sunday, Nov. 17.
• Needed food pantry items are lima beans or Little Debbie cakes. Last week was ketchup.
• Samaritan's Purse shoe boxes are in the library. Everyone asked to fill one up.
• Toys For Tots donation box is in foyer.
Metropolitan AME Zion
Prayer at 6 p.m. and Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Mount Moriah Baptist
Food pantry is open the third Saturday of each month from 10 a.m. to noon. Proof of address and a picture ID are required. Call 377-3495.
Mount Nebo AME Zion
Senior Choir anniversary celebration, 6 p.m. Saturday. All invited.
Mount Olive Baptist
Church Aid Club will hold Family and Friends Day, 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 10. The Rev. Wendell Wylie of Mount Zion Baptist, Blackstock, will speak. Church is at 176 Center St.
Mount Olive Baptist, Fairfield
Family and Friends Day, 11 a.m. Sunday.
New Hope UMC
• Bible study on John, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• Administrative Board meeting, 7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 21.
• Thanksgiving covered dish meal follows 11:15 a.m. service Sunday, Nov. 24.
• Community Thanksgiving service for West Chester, Tuesday, Nov. 26, at New Hope UMC.
• Day of Prayer, Monday. Sanctuary open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• Church Council meeting, Tuesday.
• Family Night, Wednesday.
• WBTV Channel Three will broadcast "My Hope With Billy Graham" to coincide with Dr. Graham's 95th birthday, 7:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 8.
• Men's Ministry breakfast, Saturday, Nov. 9.
• Prayer, 6:30 p.m. Monday. Bible classes, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Health checks available through Billy Murphy Foundation, 144 Center St. Call 374-4216 or 385-2878 for appointments. Lines are open for prayer. Call 581-0004.
• Ingathering for World Hunter Month, Sunday, Nov. 10. Banks on Wednesday, Nov. 13.
• WMU ladies are collecting goods for Prisoner Bags. Cost of a complete bag is $5.65.
• Shoe boxes are in for Operation Christmas Child.
• Non-perishable items needed for food bank.
• Academy for Teaching and Learning collecting old cell phones to give American soldiers calling cards so they can call home.
Pine Grove Baptist
• Gospel Choir 43rd anniversary celebration, 7 p.m. tonight. All former choir members invited. Musician will be Jason Missouri and Company. All welcome. Call Patricia Craig at 581-1693.
• Intercessory prayer, 6:15 p.m. Wednesday followed by Bible study at 7 p.m.
• New Presbyterian hymnal "Glory To God" will be introduced during 11 a.m. worship Sunday. The service will celebrate the church's musical heritage.
• Worship 4-YOUth, 5 to 7 p.m. Sunday. Bus leaves the church at 4:30 p.m.
• Handbell rehearsal, 5:45 p.m. Sunday.
• Boy Scouts meet at 6:30 p.m. Mondays.
• Bible study, 10 a.m. Tuesday. Cub Scouts at 6:30 p.m.
• Wednesday night programs, 6 p.m.
• Adult Choir practice, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Rehoboth AME Zion
Prayer and Bible study, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Repairer of the Breach Evangelistic Ministry
Bible study, 7 p.m. Wednesday at Brooklyn Center, 331 Ashford St.
Restoring Hope Foursquare Church
Community yard sale and fish fry, Saturday, Nov. 9. Lots size 10x10 available for $5 without a table, $10 with a table. Lots on a first come, first served basis, early registration needed for lots with tables. Proceeds go to building fund. Church is at 157 Pinckney St.
Sandy River Baptist Association (LD)
• Ministers', Deacons' and Trustees' Spouses Auxiliary annual prayer breakfast, 8 a.m. Saturday at Mount Olive Baptist on Center Street. All invited.
• Ministers', Deacons' and Trustees' Spouses Auxiliary will open the 127th session of the association at 5:45 p.m. Sunday at Mount Olive Baptist on Center Street. The Rev. Donnie Dye, moderator, will be the speaker. He is pastor of Zion Pilgrim Baptist in Wilksburg. All welcome.
• Lower Division Usher's Ministry usher's workshop, 10 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 9, at Bethlehem Missionary Baptist Church in Baton Rouge community. All welcome. Call Bessie Dixon, 377-3661.
Seed of Blessings Ministry Revival Center
Revival Thursday at 7 p.m. with Evangelist A.L. Hensley. Simple gospel and prayers for sick and afflicted. All welcome. Church is at 2738 Catawba River Road, Fort Lawn. Call 370-2147.
St. Mark's Episcopal
The Rev. Paul Stricklin will be the new priest through the Christmas season.
Together As One
• Fall Festival, 6 to 8:30 p.m. tonight. Games for children and adults, pie throwing contest. Admission is $5 with free hot dog and drink and play all games except cake walk. Hot dog plates sold from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Call in orders at 581-0885. Church is at 534 Bratton St.
• Bible study, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Appreciation celebration for Pastor Annie McFadden, 4 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 17, at Union Baptist Church Hall, 211 Ligon St. All welcome.
United Pentecostal Church
Bible study, 7:30 p.m. Fridays at the Chester YMCA. Call David Hinton at 385-6848. All welcome.
West Chester Baptist
• Men's breakfast, 8 a.m. Sunday.
• Real Life Disciple Bible study, 3 p.m. Sunday at the church.
• Prayer Team meets at 6 p.m. Tuesdays. All welcome.
• Outreach Ministry will deliver soup to shut-ins at 11 a.m. Thursday. See Kathy Wyatt to participate.
• Operation Christmas Child material and information are in the church foyer. See Adrene Sanders.
• Thanksgiving fellowship follows morning worship Sunday, Nov. 24.
• Fall Festival, 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday. Games, cake walk, hayride, chili contest.
• Prisoner Packets and Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes due by Sunday.
• Sign-up deadline for FCA rally/Clemson game is Sunday.
• New Christian's class for children, 5 p.m. starting Sunday, Nov. 10.
• Shoe boxes for Samaritan's Purse should be filled by the second week in November. See Christi Butler for details.
• WMU scripture appointment calendars for sale for $6. Proceeds will be used for aid to the community. See any WMU member to buy one or leave a message at the church.
Zoe Life Community Bible class
Zoe Life Community Bible class, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. first, second and third Tuesdays at Brooklyn Center on Ashford Street. Taught by the Rev. C. Pendergrass.