- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Dual Sports, Sunday, May 18.
• Parsonage work day, Saturday, May 24.
• AA meetings are held at 8 p.m. Wednesdays in the fellowship hall.
Bethel AME Zion, Woodard
Women's Day program, 2 p.m. Sunday, May 18. All welcome.
• Mothers and families honored with luncheon prepared by men of the church, Sunday, May 11. Donations taken for Children's Programs.
• Donations of books needed for Million Book Effort. Books given to underprivileged children.
• Church needs graduates' information.
• Volunteers needed for Food Pantry, 10 a.m. to noon May 19-23.
Annual Memorial Day program, 2 p.m. Sunday, May 25, for active, retired and disabled soldiers. Deceased soldiers also recognized. All welcome.
Homecoming, Sunday, May 18. Worship at 11 a.m. with the Rev. Arthur Vick. Former members, friends invited. Bring well-filled basket for lunch at 1 p.m.
Black Rock Baptist
Golden Age Club trip to 28th annual Original Gullah Festival in Beaufort, Friday, May 23. Event focuses on education and cultural preservation of African American Gullah heritage in the Low Country with storytelling, gospel singing, arts and crafts, vendors and food. For ticket prices and other details, call Marilyn "Peaches" Stinson at 803-230-7147 or Shirley Caldwell at 803-402-1000.
Blackstock First Baptist
• Catfish tournament at Lake Monticello, 6 a.m. Saturday. Lunch at noon.
• No evening service Mother's Day (May 11) or Sunday, May 25.
• Family Night, 7 p.m. Wednesday with all missions meeting.
• Hot dog lunch fundraiser, Sunday, May 18.
• Trip to Chester Active Day Center, 10 a.m. Monday, May 19.
• Haiti Team hot dog sale and music from Chappell Road and Pinetuckett, Saturday, May 24, at Lowrys Community Center.
Brooklyn Williamsville AME Zion
Car wash, fish sandwich and hot dog sale, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at Brooklyn House located behind the church. Homemade chili and cole slaw. All invited.
• Leaving for Lazy 5 Ranch in Mooresville, 10 a.m. Saturday.
• Mothers honored during morning worship Sunday.
• Graduates information needed by Sunday, May 18, for recognition service Sunday, June 1.
• Names of veterans who are either deceased members of Calvary Baptist or are buried in Calvary Cemetery should be given to Linda Carter by Sunday, May 18.
Capers Chapel UMC
Salkehatchie sign-ups due now, complete at www.salkehatchie.org. Chester camp is June 14-21.
Cedar Rock Baptist
Pastor appreciation service for the Rev. James Good and the First Lady, 2 p.m. Sunday, May 18. The Rev. George Sims of Mount Prospect Baptist will speak.
• Annual deacon fish fry at Chester State Park (shelter three), 6 p.m. Wednesday.
• Appalachia mission fundraiser dinner, 6 p.m. Wednesday, May 28, in the Barron Room.
Chester First Baptist
• Children's Day, Sunday, May 18.
• Children's Choirs spring presentation, 6:45 p.m. Wednesday, May 21.
• Graduate Recognition Sunday, May 25.
• Registrations taken for four-year-old kindergarten. Call 377-7187.
Cool Branch Baptist
• Hamburger lunch for mothers, Saturday. Sign up in the vestibule or see Peggy Swearingen.
• Mothers honored during 11 a.m. worship Sunday.
• All veterans honored during 11 a.m. worship Sunday, May 25.
First Church of the Nazarene
• Men's Ministry prayer breakfast, 9 a.m. Saturday at the Cyclone Restaurant. All men invited.
• Mothers honored with special gift Sunday. Three mothers chosen for special honors.
• Ladies' Ministry meeting at Family Life Center, 7 p.m. Thursday. All ladies invited.
First Free Will Baptist
• Youth yard sale, 7 a.m. to noon Saturday in the Christian Life Center. Snacks and baked goods.
• Ladies Auxiliary meeting, 6 p.m. Tuesday.
Friendship Missionary Baptist
• Women's Day observed during morning worship Sunday. Minister Sharon Feaster of Old Hope Station Baptist will speak.
• Youth Ministry prayer breakfast, "Are You Covered In Prayer?," 9:30 a.m. Saturday, May 17, with Evangelist Mary Able of Morris Creek Baptist, Winnsboro. FMBC Mass Choir and other groups will sing. All welcome.
Great Falls Youth Community Choir
Fifth anniversary celebration, 6 p.m. Saturday, May 17, at First Mount Zion Baptist, Great Falls. All welcome. Call Evangelist Mary Talford at 209-6516.
Heath Memorial UMC
New children's books needed for Million Book Effort. Goal is 1,000 books by June 1 to help the S.C. Conference of the UMC in their attempt to get the books distributed to children by summer. Books can be donated in the containers in the Richburg/Lando area or at the church, 3781 Lando Road just south of the Lando Fire Department. Monetary donations also accepted and can be sent to Heath Memorial UMC Church Missions, P.O. Box 27, Edgemoor, SC 29712.
Heath Springs Baptist
• One-day revival with Pastor John Rogers of Oakhurst Baptist, 10:45 a.m. and 6 p.m. Sunday, May 18. Judson and Jane Tripp will sing. Call 577-7314.
• Christian concert pianist Jim Hendrick will perform at 10:45 a.m. and 6 p.m. Sunday, May 25. He is an international concert pianist and professor at Chicago State. Love offering taken, all welcome.
Homecoming and Cemetery Association meeting, Sunday, May 25. Worship at 11:15 a.m., lunch at 1 p.m. Bring a picnic lunch.
• Mother's Day service by men of the church, 11 a.m. Sunday. Tribute and recognition of all mothers attending at the closing of service.
• Memorial Day service, "Why We Celebrate Memorial Day" and the meaning of "Taps," Sunday, May 25. Those who have served but have passed away will be honored with a roll call and Memorial Day flag for their grave. All welcome.
• Needed food pantry item is toilet paper. Last week was kids' food such as ravioli, spaghettios, etc.
• Special Mother's Day service and baptismal service, 11 a.m. Sunday.
• Graduate Sunday, 11 a.m. on May 18. Graduates should let Preacher Joey know.
Youth Department fish and hot dog sale, 11 a.m. today at the church on West End. Delivery available. Call 377-1319 or 444-1833.
Men of Zion
S.C. Conference Men of Zion to hold The Rev. Dr. W.O. Thompson Memorial Golf Tournament, Saturday, May 31, at Waterford Golf Course, 1900 Clubhouse Road, Rock Hill. Participation, sponsorship and/or donations requested. Sponsorship includes hole sign. Call 704-891-1637, 803-524-2725 or 704-641-1755.
Mount Prospect Baptist
Spring revival, 10:30 a.m. Sunday, May 18, with the Rev. George Robinson. Sunday school at 9 a.m., prayer at 10 a.m. All welcome.
Mount Prospect UMC
Eva Simmers and Seventh Vision will sing at 6 p.m. Sunday, May 25. No charge, light refreshments served. Church is at 2543 Mountain Gap Road, Richburg.
Mount Zion Baptist
Initial sermon of Debra Gill and Marian Foster Young, 3 p.m. Sunday, May 18. All welcome. Call 374-1325 for details.
New Hope UMC
• Salkehatchie sign-ups due now, complete at www.salkehatchie.org. Chester camp is June 14-21.
• Council on Ministries meeting, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday. Administrative Board at 7:30 p.m.
• Men's Ministries breakfast, Saturday.
• Visit to Chester Active Day Center, Thursday.
• Mother's Day service, 11 a.m. Sunday. No evening service.
• Family/Mission Night, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Spring revival, May 18-21. The Calvary Heirs Quartet will perform with Deo Young singing May 18 and 19. Bishop Daryl Croft and daughter Chasity will speak and sing on May 20.
• WMU collecting baby items to donate to Palmetto Pregnancy Center.
• WMU collecting non-perishable food items for the pantry.
Pine Grove Baptist
Family and Friends Day and 119th church anniversary celebration, Sunday, May 18. Sunday school at 9 a.m., worship at 10:15 a.m. All welcome.
Pleasant Grove Presbyterian
Hot dog lunch with special entertainment, 2 p.m. Saturday. Tickets are $5, proceeds to Relay For Life.
• Purity Playschool taking applications for two- and three-year-old classes for the 2014-2015 school year. Space is limited, call 377-8175.
• Purity Bells play during 11 a.m. worship Sunday.
• Boy Scout Sunday, 3:30 p.m.
• Playschool board meeting, 6 p.m. Monday. Playschool graduation, 7 p.m. Friday.
Radical For Christ
Prayer conference, "What If God Says No To Your Prayers?," 10 a.m. Saturday at 217 Columbia St. Speakers will be Overseer Bessie Curbeam and Pastor Theodore Curbeam, Pastor Bernard Morris and Minister Bernadette Morris, Minister Melissa Kelly and Minister Sam Kelly. Breakfast follows.
Sweet Hope Baptist
Family and Friends Day, 9 a.m. Sunday, May 25, with the Rev. Keith McCrorey of Bethel Baptist, Mount Holly. All invited.
Together As One
Special Mother's Day service, 11 a.m. Sunday with Pastor Geraldine Clawson.
West Side Baptist
• No evening service Sunday.
• Faith and R.E.A.C.H. E Team, 7 p.m. Tuesday.
• Prayer breakfast, 8 a.m. Wednesday.
• Deacons' meeting, 7 p.m. Thursday.
• Vacation Bible school meeting, 3 p.m. Sunday, May 18, at West Chester Baptist. Volunteers needed for VBSJune 8-13 at West Chester Baptist. See Pastor Sean or Taylor Thomas. Put needed items for VBS in the box outside the pastor's office.
• Food item is dried beans and peas.