- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Men's breakfast, Sunday.
• Confederate Memorial service, 10:30 a.m. Sunday.
• Council meeting, 5 p.m. Sunday, June 8.
• Breakfast for the Rev. Wolfe, 8 a.m. Sunday, June 15.
• AA meetings are held at 8 p.m. Wednesdays in the fellowship hall.
• Salkehatchie campers will stay at Bethel June 14-21. Donations of money, bottled water, Gatorade, candy bars and snack crackers needed.
• Retirement gathering for the Rev. Allen D. Wolfe follows morning worship Sunday, June 15. Light refreshments, no gifts.
Browns Chapel AME Zion
Missionary banquet and fashion show, 5 p.m. Saturday. To be in the fashion show and for ticket prices, call Earnestine Douglas at 444-1107.
Brooklyn Williamsville AME Zion
The Rev. Jacqueline Caldwell of Brooklyn Williamsville AME Zion will speak at 11 a.m. Sunday, June 8. There will also be a service at 2 p.m. Anyone who has had any part in the church's past is welcome.
• Graduates recognized, 11 a.m. Sunday.
• AWANAs end-of-year recognition service, 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Calvary responsible for Food Bank June 2-6. See Tonya Wilks to volunteer.
• Community vacation Bible school at West Chester Baptist, 6 p.m. nightly June 8-13.
Calvary Baptist, Walnut Street
Youth revival, 11:30 a.m. Saturday, June 7. Games, face painting, field events and more, message from the Rev. Timothy Cousar of Mount Hopewell Baptist. Call 803-402-0276, all welcome.
Capers Chapel UMC
• Chester Circuit will work the Food Pantry, June 9-13.
• Salkehatchie sign-ups due now, complete at www.salkehatchie.org. Chester camp is June 14-21.
• WM June Jubilee breakfast, 9:30 a.m. Sunday in the Barron Assembly Room. Josh and Vonia Thomas, missionaries serving in Turkey, will speak at 10 a.m.
• Vacation Bible school, "Son Treasure Island," 9 a.m. to noon June 9-13. Volunteers needed, call Brad Shillinglaw at 803-984-2998 or email@example.com.
Chester First Baptist
• Youth Choir dinner fundraiser, 6:30 p.m. tonight. Choir will tour June 7-14.
• Vacation Bible school, June 16-20.
• Registrations taken for four-year-old kindergarten. Call 377-7187.
Chestnut Grove AME Zion
Family and Friends Day, "Warning! Caution! Still Under Construction," 11 a.m. Sunday.
Cool Branch Baptist
• Communion during worship Sunday.
• Family Night, Sunday. Choir practice at 4 p.m., group meetings at 4:45 p.m., meal with finger foods at 5 p.m., program with Mark Wyatt at 6 p.m. and deacons' meeting at 7 p.m.
Emmanuel Tabernacle Center of Hope
Fairview AME Zion
Vacation Bible school, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday. Showing the movie "Left Behind" by John Hagee. Open to the public, popcorn and soda.
Faith and Love Christian Center
• Summer Enrichment Program begins 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. Monday, June 9. Classes held Monday through Thursday and will utilize skills of STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics). For grades three through eight. Visit www.faithandlove.info/summerenrichment.html.
• Family Fun Day, 11 a.m. Saturday, June 21, with fun, food, fellowship and water activities.
First Church of the Nazarene
The church will send a number of children to summer church camp this year. To help a child attend camp, call Pastor Porter at 899-2455 or Steve Fairfax at 581-1503.
First Free Will Baptist
• HCA graduation, 11 a.m. Sunday.
• Senior Group, 6 p.m. Tuesday.
• Men's fellowship, Thursday.
• Women's Auxiliary, Tuesday, June 10.
Friendship Missionary Baptist
• Vacation Bible school, "Keeping Your Space Clean and Green," 6 to 8 p.m. June 2-6.
• Youth revival, 5 p.m. Saturday, June 7. Speaker will be the Rev. Rodney Adams of Big Calvary Baptist, Lando.
• High school and college graduates recognized, 10 a.m. Sunday, June 8.
• Annual missionary program, 2 p.m. Sunday, June 8. Speaker will be the Rev. Vivian Boyd of Clover AME Zion.
• Vacation Bible school, "The Jesus Connection," 9:30 a.m. to noon June 9-13.
Heath Memorial UMC
New children's books needed for Million Book Effort. Goal is 1,000 books by Sunday to help the S.C. Conference of the UMC in their attempt to get the books distributed to children by summer. Books can be donated in the containers in the Richburg/Lando area or at the church, 3781 Lando Road just south of the Lando Fire Department. Monetary donations also accepted and can be sent to Heath Memorial UMC Church Missions, P.O. Box 27, Edgemoor, SC 29712.
Holy Place Church
Father's Day breakfast, 8 a.m. Sunday, June 15. Service at 10 a.m.
Hot dogs, baked goods and cold drinks sold from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at Tractor Supply.
Vacation Bible school, June 26-28. Place orders now for t-shirts. Visit www.leedsbaptist.org and Facebook.
• Preacher Lee from the Korean Church in Charlotte will minister at 11 a.m. Sunday.
• Vacation Bible school meeting after church Sunday.
• Vacation Bible school, "Agency D3: Discover, Decide, Defend," 5:30 p.m. Monday, June 16, and 6 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday through Friday, June 17-20.
• Needed food pantry item is canned beans. Last week was canned corn.
Mount Nebo AME Zion
Revival, 2:30 p.m. Sunday with the Rev. Heyward Boyd of Fairview AME Zion. Monday through Wednesday services start at 7 p.m. with the Rev. Stephen Y. Brown of Beatty's Chapel, Union.
Mount Pleasant Presbyterian
Homecoming celebrating 133 years, 11 a.m. Sunday. Special music and singing, preaching, fellowship and food. Guest pastor will be Shirley Harris. Covered dish dinner to follow. Homecoming starts at 11 a.m. instead of usual 9:30 a.m. time.
Mount Zion Baptist
Motorcycle Sunday, "Let's Ride For Jesus," June 1. Kickstands up at 10:30 a.m. from parking lot of Fred's in Chester. Police escort, light dinner after service. In association with Let's Get It Ryders and Rydas 4 Righteousness. Call 374-0833.
New Hope UMC
• Chester Circuit will work the Food Pantry, June 9-13..
• Salkehatchie sign-ups due now, complete at www.salkehatchie.org. Chester camp is June 14-21.
Old Wilson Baptist
Photo sessions, 2 to 8:30 p.m. Friday, June 13, and 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday, June 14, in the social hall. All invited, see Carrie Blakely or call Linda Macon at 385-5427 to sign up. Church is at 1549 Pleasant Grove Road.
• Lord's supper, Sunday. Canned goods received for local food pantry.
• Family Night with mission organizations meeting, Wednesday.
• Vacation Bible school, June 8-13.
• Nursing home ministry, Tuesday, June 10.
• WMU collecting baby items to donate to Palmetto Pregnancy Center.
• WMU collecting non-perishable food items for the pantry.
• Purity Playschool taking applications for two- and three-year-old classes for the 2014-2015 school year. Space is limited, call 377-8175.
• Boy Scout Sunday, 3:30 p.m.
• Women's Group, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Vacation Bible school, June 9-13. F.R.O.G. (Fully Rely On God) for ages two through five will meet from 9 a.m. to noon in both rooms on the left past the fellowship hall. Two-year-olds, any child not potty trained or with special needs should be accompanied by a caregiver who will stay with them during class. Provide a complete change of clothing. Lesson, music, crafts, playtime and snack (lunch not provided). Camp In A Van for those who have completed five-year-old kindergarten through fifth grade will meet from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Registration and daily sign-up, 8:30 a.m. each morning.
Sandy River Baptist Association (LD)
Ushers' workshop, 9 a.m. Saturday, June 7, at Big Calvary Baptist in Edgemoor. All churches invited.
S.C. Conference Men of Zion
The Rev. Dr. W.O. Thompson Memorial Golf Tournament, Saturday at Waterford Golf Course, 1900 Clubhouse Road, Rock Hill. Participation, sponsorship and/or donations requested. Sponsorship includes hole sign. Call Barry Mason Sr. at 704-891-1637, Bill Berry at 803-524-2725 or Marshall Harris at 704-641-1755.
Together As One
• Car wash, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday. Costs are $10 and up.
• Pastor's first year anniversary and homecoming, Sunday. Service at 10 a.m., special singing and message from the Rev. Larry Compton of Anderson at 11 a.m. Bring a well-filled picnic basket for lunch at 1 p.m. All welcome. Church is at 534 Bratton St.
Vacation Bible school, 5:45 to 8 p.m. June 23-27. Classes for four-year-old kindergarten through fifth grade, also adult women. Children invited, call 385-5724 for a registration form. Church is at 651 Great Falls Highway.
Family and Friends Day, 2:30 p.m. Sunday. The Rev. Donnie Dye of Zion Pilgrim, Chester, will speak. All welcome, church is at 211 Ligon St.
Unity In The Community
Unity In The Community 2014, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at John Keziah Park on Durham Road in Blackstock. Free food, games, prizes, inflatables and fellowship. Bring lawn chairs, all welcome. Sponsoring churches are Blackstock First Baptist, Cornwel Presbyterian, Mount Zion Baptist, New Zion Baptist, Pleasant View AME Zion and Red Hill Baptist.
Wesley Memorial UMC
• Outreach Committee meeting, 3 p.m. Sunday.
• Graduate's Sunday during morning worship on June 8.
• Lunch for Salkehatchie crew, Monday, June 16. See Betty to volunteer.
• Covered dish lunch after services to honor Preacher Vick, Sunday, June 22.
• Meet and greet breakfast for new preacher and his family, 9:30 to 10:40 a.m. Sunday, June 29.
West Chester Baptist
• Men's Fellowship breakfast, 8 a.m. Sunday in the fellowship building.
• Feed My Sheep Ministry delivery, 11 a.m. Thursday.
• West Chester community vacation Bible school, "Agency D3," June 8-13 with food at 6 p.m. and VBS from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. each night. Pre-registration party at West Chester, noon to 3 p.m. Saturday. All welcome. Children's, youth and adult classes and activities.
• Thirtieth homecoming, Sunday, June 29. The Riverside Boys will sing during Sunday school hour and the Rev. Randy Bradley will speak. Charter members and the missionaries who assisted in building the church building will be recognized. Meal after the worship service.
West Side Baptist
• FAITH and R.E.A.C.H. "C" Team, 7 p.m. Tuesday.
• Prayer breakfast, 8 a.m. Wednesday. AWANA Lite and prayer meeting at 7 p.m.
• Vacation Bible school, 7 to 8:30 p.m. June 1-5. All welcome.
Vacation Bible school, June 8-13 at West Chester Baptist. Supper from 6 to 6:30 p.m., Bible school from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Items for VBS decorating should be put in the box outside the pastor's office.
• Graduates recognized Sunday.
• Vacation Bible school, "Christ Commanders," 4:30 to 8:30 p.m. Sunday, June 15, with a meal and 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Monday through Wednesday, June 16-18, with snacks. Classes for all, not just children. Register at woodwardbaptist.org.
Vacation Bible school, "Spy Academy," 5 to 8 p.m. June 10-13. Classes for all ages, call 581-6071.