- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Installation ceremony of new pastor, the Rev. Rickey M. White, 2:30 p.m. Sunday. The Rev. Rodney Adams of Big Calvary Baptist will speak. All welcome.
• Dual Sports, Sunday.
• Parsonage work day, Saturday, May 24.
• AA meetings are held at 8 p.m. Wednesdays in the fellowship hall.
Bethel AME Zion, Woodard
Women's Day program, 2 p.m. Sunday. All welcome.
• Donations of books needed for Million Book Effort. Books given to underprivileged children.
• Graduation luncheon after morning worship Sunday.
• Volunteers needed for Food Pantry, 10 a.m. to noon May 19-23.
• Office closed Monday, May 26, for Memorial Day.
• Missionary Auxiliary annual program, 11 a.m. Sunday. The Rev. Julia Hemphill of Calvary Baptist will speak. All welcome.
• Annual Memorial Day program, 2 p.m. Sunday, May 25, for active, retired and disabled soldiers. Deceased soldiers also recognized. All welcome.
Homecoming, Sunday. Worship at 11 a.m. with the Rev. Arthur Vick. Former members, friends invited. Bring well-filled basket for lunch at 1 p.m.
Black Rock Baptist
Golden Age Club trip to 28th annual Original Gullah Festival in Beaufort, Friday, May 23. Event focuses on education and cultural preservation of African American Gullah heritage in the Low Country with storytelling, gospel singing, arts and crafts, vendors and food. For ticket prices and other details, call Marilyn "Peaches" Stinson at 803-230-7147 or Shirley Caldwell at 803-402-1000.
Blackstock First Baptist
• Hot dog lunch fundraiser, Sunday.
• Trip to Chester Active Day Center, 10 a.m. Monday.
• Haiti Team hot dog sale and music from Chappell Road and Pinetuckett, Saturday, May 24, at Lowrys Community Center.
• No evening service Sunday, May 25.
Browns Chapel AME Zion
• Chinese auction, Saturday, May 24. Drop time 10 a.m. to noon, auction at noon. Over 100 gifts.
• Missionary banquet and fashion show, 5 p.m. Saturday, May 31. To be in the fashion show and for ticket prices, call Earnestine Douglas at 444-1107.
• Calvary will license David Brown as a minister on Sunday.
• Grace Scholarship applications are available to all college students who are members of Calvary and are due by July 1.
• Ministry at Chester Active Day Center, Thursday.
• Benefit for Frankie Farmer, Saturday, May 24. Spaghetti supper, bingo hosted by church children.
Calvary Baptist, Walnut Street
Youth revival, 11:30 a.m. Saturday, June 7. Games, face painting, field events and more, message from the Rev. Timothy Cousar of Mount Hopewell Baptist. Call 803-402-0276, all welcome.
Capers Chapel UMC
Salkehatchie sign-ups due now, complete at www.salkehatchie.org. Chester camp is June 14-21.
Cedar Rock Baptist
Pastor appreciation service for the Rev. James Good and the First Lady, 2 p.m. Sunday. The Rev. George Sims of Mount Prospect Baptist will speak.
Appalachia mission fundraiser dinner, 6 p.m. Wednesday, May 28, in the Barron Room.
Chester First Baptist
• Children's Day, Sunday.
• Children's Choirs spring presentation, 6:45 p.m. Wednesday.
• Graduate Recognition Sunday, May 25.
• Registrations taken for four-year-old kindergarten. Call 377-7187.
Chestnut Grove AME Zion
Family and Friends Day, "Warning! Caution! Still Under Construction," 11 a.m. Sunday, June 1.
Cool Branch Baptist
All veterans honored during 11 a.m. worship Sunday, May 25.
First Church of the Nazarene
• Memorial Roll service, "God's Flower Garden," 11 a.m. Sunday. Memorial Roll offering is used for medical missions to help missionaries in 159 world areas with their medical expenses. All welcome.
• The church will send a number of children to summer church camp this year. To help a child attend camp, call Pastor Porter at 899-2455 or Steve Fairfax at 581-1503.
Friendship Missionary Baptist
Youth Ministry prayer breakfast, "Are You Covered In Prayer?," 9:30 a.m. Saturday with Evangelist Mary Able of Morris Creek Baptist, Winnsboro. FMBC Mass Choir and other groups will sing.
Great Falls Youth Community Choir
Fifth anniversary celebration, 6 p.m. Saturday at First Mount Zion Baptist, Great Falls. All welcome. Call Evangelist Mary Talford at 209-6516.
Heath Memorial UMC
New children's books needed for Million Book Effort. Goal is 1,000 books by June 1 to help the S.C. Conference of the UMC in their attempt to get the books distributed to children by summer. Books can be donated in the containers in the Richburg/Lando area or at the church, 3781 Lando Road just south of the Lando Fire Department. Monetary donations also accepted and can be sent to Heath Memorial UMC Church Missions, P.O. Box 27, Edgemoor, SC 29712.
Heath Springs Baptist
• 5k run to raise money for youth mission trip to Ocean City, Md., Saturday. Registration at 7 a.m., run begins at 8 a.m. Visit the Facebook page HSBC Youth 5k Run To Share The Faith for more information. Church is at 101 South Main St., Heath Springs.
• One-day revival with Pastor John Rogers of Oakhurst Baptist, 10:45 a.m. and 6 p.m. Sunday. Judson and Jane Tripp will sing. Call 577-7314.
• Christian concert pianist Jim Hendrick will perform at 10:45 a.m. and 6 p.m. Sunday, May 25. He is an international concert pianist and professor at Chicago State. Love offering taken, all welcome.
Homecoming and Cemetery Association meeting, Sunday, May 25. Worship at 11:15 a.m., lunch at 1 p.m. Bring a picnic lunch.
Memorial Day service, "Why We Celebrate Memorial Day" and the meaning of "Taps," Sunday, May 25. Those who have served but have passed away will be honored with a roll call and Memorial Day flag for their grave. All welcome.
• Needed food pantry item is canned corn. Last week was toilet paper.
• Graduate Sunday, 11 a.m. on May 18. Graduates should let Preacher Joey know.
• Preacher Joey and Patti are leaving to go in the mission field in Arizona. Celebration to honor them at 10 a.m. Sunday, May 25. All welcome, bring a well-filled picnic basket.
Men of Zion
S.C. Conference Men of Zion to hold The Rev. Dr. W.O. Thompson Memorial Golf Tournament, Saturday, May 31, at Waterford Golf Course, 1900 Clubhouse Road, Rock Hill. Participation, sponsorship and/or donations requested. Sponsorship includes hole sign. Call 704-891-1637, 803-524-2725 or 704-641-1755.
Mount Prospect Baptist
Spring revival, 10:30 a.m. Sunday with the Rev. George Robinson. Sunday school at 9 a.m., prayer at 10 a.m. All welcome.
Mount Prospect UMC
Eva Simmers and Seventh Vision will sing at 6 p.m. Sunday, May 25. No charge, light refreshments served. Church is at 2543 Mountain Gap Road, Richburg.
Mount Zion Baptist
• Initial sermon of Debra Gill and Marian Foster Young, 3 p.m. Sunday,. All welcome. Call 374-1325.
• Motorcycle Sunday, "Let's Ride For Jesus," Sunday, June 1. Kickstands up at 10:30 a.m. from parking lot of Fred's in Chester. Police escort, light dinner after service. In association with Let's Get It Ryders and Rydas 4 Righteousness. Call 374-0833.
New Birth Church
Men In Black program, 3 p.m. Sunday. Churches and choirs invited. RSVP to Dianne McGriff, 803-475-5424. Church is at 2525 Heritage Road, Great Falls.
New Hope Baptist, Blair
One hundredth church anniversary celebration, 2:30 p.m. Sunday. The Rev. Larkin Hancock will speak in the morning and the Rev. Cliff Dye will speak in the afternoon. All welcome. Call 377-8531 or 803-635-6012.
New Hope UMC
Salkehatchie sign-ups due now, complete at www.salkehatchie.org. Chester camp is June 14-21.
• Spring revival, Sunday through Wednesday. Times are 6 p.m. Sunday, 7 p.m. Monday and Tuesday and 6:30 p.m. Wednesday. The Calvary Heirs Quartet will perform with Deo Young singing Sunday and Monday. Bishop Daryl Croft and daughter Chasity will speak and sing on Tuesday. Pastor Jerry Lingerfelt will have the service Wednesday.
• WMU collecting baby items to donate to Palmetto Pregnancy Center.
• WMU collecting non-perishable food items for the pantry.
Pine Grove Baptist
Family and Friends Day and 119th church anniversary celebration, Sunday. Sunday school at 9 a.m., worship at 10:15 a.m. All welcome.
Pleasant View AME Zion
• Male Choir anniversary celebration, 5 p.m. Saturday.
• Family and Friends Day, 10 a.m. Sunday. Church is at 1736 Old Columbia Road.
• Purity Playschool taking applications for two- and three-year-old classes for the 2014-2015 school year. Space is limited, call 377-8175.
• Purity Bells play during 11 a.m. worship Sunday.
• Boy Scout Sunday, 3:30 p.m.
• Church family picnic, 4 p.m. Sunday at Chester State Park.
Red Hill Baptist, Blackstock
Missionary program, 2 p.m. Sunday. Pastor Gloria Grier of New Life Ministry, Chester, will speak.
Saluda Street Church of God
Eighty-second homecoming, 10:30 a.m. Sunday with former General Overseer Dr. G. Dennis McGuire. Dinner follows, all welcome.
S.C. Conference Men of Zion
The Rev. Dr. W.O. Thompson Memorial Golf Tournament, Saturday, May 31, at Waterford Golf Course, 1900 Clubhouse Road, Rock Hill. Participation, sponsorship and/or donations requested. Sponsorship includes hole sign. Call Barry Mason Sr. at 704-891-1637, Bill Berry at 803-524-2725 or Marshall Harris at 704-641-1755.
Sweet Hope Baptist
Family and Friends Day, 9 a.m. Sunday, May 25, with the Rev. Keith McCrorey of Bethel Baptist, Mount Holly. All invited.
West Side Baptist
• Banquet for AWANAs, 6 p.m. Sunday in the fellowship hall.
• FAITH and R.E.A.C.H. "E" Team, 7 p.m. Tuesday.
• Prayer breakfast, 8 a.m. Wednesday. AWANAs at 6:30 p.m., prayer meeting at 7 p.m.
• Church office closed Monday, May 26, for Memorial Day.
• Vacation Bible school meeting, 3 p.m. Sunday at West Chester Baptist. Volunteers needed for VBS June 8-13 at West Chester Baptist. See Pastor Sean or Taylor Thomas.
• Building and Grounds Committee meeting follows morning worship Sunday.
• Fun Timers to lunch at Jomar's in Lancaster, 11 a.m. Tuesday.
• Place "pounding" items in ladies' Sunday school room by Wednesday, May 28.
Zion Pilgrim Missionary Baptist
Women's Day, 10 a.m. Sunday. Lady Izetta H. Dye will speak. Church is at 3030 Pinckney Road.