- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Book Club, 5 p.m. Sunday.
• Bible study, 2 p.m. Wednesday. Choir practice at 6:30 p.m.
• AA meetings are held at 8 p.m. Wednesdays in the fellowship hall.
Battered But Not Broken Ministries
Battered But Not Broken Ministry is always in need of donations. Checks may be made out to Battered But Not Broken Ministry and mailed to P.O. Box 213, Chester. The group's mission is to assist families and ex-offenders rebuild their lives in the community while re-establishing homes and helping fight drug and alcohol abuse, crime and violence. Call LeTanya Hall at 385-2290 or visit www.batteredbutnotbrokenministries.org.
• World Day of Prayer, today. Sanctuary open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Tuesday Bible study group, 11 a.m. Tuesdays on the Book of Proverbs. No meeting March 18.
• CrossRoads program, 6 p.m. Wednesdays. Covered dish meal at 6 p.m., adult program and ARTS program for youth at 6:45 p.m. and Chancel Choir practice at 7:30 p.m. No meeting March 19.
• Volunteers and church teams needed for Loaves and Fishes Community Soup Kitchen, which will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 385-3266 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Meals are free and open to anyone. Kitchen will be open each Wednesday in February and March.
• Church Council meeting, 7 p.m. Thursday.
• Bethel Lights, noon Tuesday, March 18.
• Family Night, 5 p.m. Sunday, March 23, with covered dish supper. Missionaries from Bulgaria the Sultanov family will speak.
Black Rock Baptist
Sons of Black Rock reunion celebrating past and present sons, Sunday, March 16 during services. Sunday school at 9 a.m., worship at 10 a.m. All welcome.
Blackstock First Baptist
• Disaster relief training, Saturday.
• Easter offering taken Sunday. ICMP Task Force at 5 p.m.
• Choir meets at 6:45 p.m. Tuesday.
• Mission Night, 7 p.m. Wednesday with all mission groups meeting.
• Pastor Search Committee meetings, 7 p.m. Thursdays, March 13, 20 and 27.
• Haiti lunch, Sunday, March 16. Business meeting at 7 p.m.
• Trip to Chester Active Day Center, 10 a.m. Monday, March 17.
• Senior adults meet at 11 a.m. Tuesday, March 18. Men's Ministry at 7 p.m.
• Trip to the zoo, Saturday, March 22. Youth revival meeting at Associational office, 7 p.m.
• Morning worship with the van Klingerens.
• WMU sewing for Haiti, 9 a.m. Saturday, March 29.
• Prayer Team, 6 p.m. Wednesdays. Choir practice, 5:30 p.m. Sundays.
Branded 4 Life Cowboy Church
Singing and worship, 7 to 8 p.m. Monday at 1777 Old Mill Road, Richburg. All welcome.
Calvary Baptist, Calvary Church Road
• Easter drama practice, 3 p.m. Sunday.
• AWANAs for ages two through 18, 4 p.m. Sunday.
• Lunch and Bible study at Cyclone Restaurant, 11 a.m. Tuesday. Good News Club at COLT, 2:15 p.m.
• No services or meal at Calvary Wednesday, members will join Wilksburg Baptist for revival at 7 p.m.
• Worship at Chester Active Day Center, 10 a.m. Thursday.
Capers Chapel UMC
• Disaster relief meeting, 4 p.m. Sunday.
• Circuit Lenten Bible study, 6 p.m. Sunday at Capers Chapel.
• Bible study/breakfast, 8:30 a.m. Wednesday in the Barron Room.
• Mid-week meals and activities, Wednesday. Meal at 6 p.m., Krystal Bells, groups and mid-week worship at 6:45 p.m. and Sanctuary Choir practice at 7:30 p.m.
• Men's Bible study/prayer, 7 a.m. Friday in the Barron Room.
• High school retreat, March 7-9. Middle school retreat, March 28-30. Both at Bonclarken.
Chester First Baptist
• Relay For Life team dinner fundraiser follows morning worship Sunday, March 16. Cost is $8 for adults, $5 for children. Sign up by Wednesday, March 12.
• Fellowship of Christian Athletes fundraiser with Ryan Succop, 7 p.m. Monday, March 17. Succop is the former USC and current Kansas City Chiefs kicker. Pre-event at 5:30 p.m. with autographs and pictures. Meal at pre-event. Call Scottie Rouse at 209-5991 for details.
Chestnut Grove AME Zion
Annual 12 Tribe Rally, 4 p.m. Sunday. The Rev. Ralph Cunningham will bless the tribes. Music will be featured, all welcome.
Christian Motorcycle Association
The Warriors of Fire Rock Hill Chapter of the Christian Motorcycle Association meets at 9 a.m. the second Saturday of each month at Golden Corral in Rock Hill. For details visit www.cmausa.org.
Cool Branch Baptist
Senior outing, Saturday, March 15. See Peggy Swearingen for details and to sign up.
Countywide Youth Revival
Countywide Youth Revival, May 2-4. Tentative location is Lewisville High School. This is not a Baptist event and all churches welcome to help. Speakers will be Carl Martin, who played for the 1981 Clemson Tigers championship football team; Todd Davis, who played for the S.C. Gamecocks; and The Strength Team, made up of former professional athletes. The event will feature live music and free food every night. Inflatables for children, fun for all. For details e-mail email@example.com.
Eternal Rock Church
• Pastoral appreciation service for Apostle Bernard and First Lady Diane Morris, 5 p.m. Sunday with guest speakers, choirs, praise dancers and more. To RSVP or for details, call Vivian Goldsborough at 444-0038 or Tonjia Gladney at 704-281-0420. Church is at 2183 Dawson Drive.
• Prayer and Bible study, 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday. Teenage Bible class, 7 to 8 p.m. Tuesday. Refreshments served. Prayer, 9 to 11 p.m. Friday.
• All women in leadership, pastors, first ladies and ministers asked to come from 11 a.m. to noon every Saturday for prayer.
Fairview AME Zion
1960s and 1970s Prom Ball, 7 to 11 p.m. Friday, March 28, at Anna's Arbor, 129 Gadsden St. Dress to impress, first place prizes for males and females. Call the Rev. Boyd at 374-1092 or Monica Cloud at 803-289-8266 for ticket information.
Faith and Love Christian Center
Afterschool program, 3 to 6 p.m. Monday-Friday. Teaching, homework help. For information on prices call Wylie Frederick at 377-8302 or Debbie Brown at 519-8734.
First Baptist of Lowrys
• Men's breakfast, 8 a.m. Sunday.
• Choir practice, 4:30 p.m. Sunday.
• Evening worship and youth, 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Bible study, youth and AWANAs, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
First Church of the Nazarene
• Youth meeting and lock-in, tonight. Meet at the Bi-Lo parking lot in Rock Hill (1401 East Main St.) at 7 p.m. then to Adventure Landing and Laser Quest. Arriving at Family Life Center of the church at 2 a.m. for the lock-in, staying until 8 a.m. Saturday. Cost for all activities and pizza meal is $30. Miniature golf, bumper boats, go-carts and laser tag.
• Young At Heart, noon Thursday at the Family Life Center. All seniors invited. Meal served, program.
• The Rev. David and Rhoda Restrick, missionaries from Mozambique, have rescheduled their deputation service for Thursday, March 20, at the Family Life Center. Meal at 6 p.m., program after.
• Men's prayer breakfast, 9 a.m. Saturday, March 22, at the Family Life Center. All men invited. No cost but donations accepted. Call Robert Burkett at 581-4193.
• Special service for young men with Justin Ford preaching, 11 a.m. Sunday, March 23. Brian Yarborough will give his testimony. Special seating for young married men and their families as well as young single men.
• Indoor camp, March 30-April 2 at First Church of the Nazarene in Rock Hill, 722 North Jones Ave. Service times are 5 p.m. Sunday, March 30, and 7 p.m. nightly March 31-April 2. The Rev. Greg Mason from Charlotte will speak. Singers will be Kelly and Sue Harvell from Fort Mill. Jared Emerson, artist from Greenville, will paint the face of God on Sunday, March 30. All welcome. Vans leave church in Chester at 4 p.m. Sunday and 6 p.m. Monday through Wednesday. Call 899-2455 for details about any announcement.
First Free Will Baptist
• Happy Stitchers, 9:30 to 11 a.m. Saturdays, March 8 and 22.
• Ladies Auxiliary meeting, 6 p.m. Tuesday.
• Fundraiser dinner, Saturday, March 23.
• Sunday School Enlargement Drive in March.
Chinese auction to benefit Relay For Life, Saturday. Ticket drop off time 10 a.m. to noon, 25 tickets for $5. Buy four packs get one free. Auction starts promptly at noon, no tickets dropped after that time. All proceeds to Relay For Life. Call Emma Bell at 581-5105, Levada Feaster at 385-5062 or the church at 385-3094.
Hope Is Not Lost celebration, 7 p.m. nightly March 9-12 with speaker Daniel Dickert of Fort Worth, Texas. Those feeling overwhelmed, confused or discouraged are welcome and those who feel the challenges of life are greater than the joy they hoped to experience. Special music each night, child care provided.
Harvest Time Ministries
Time For The Truth can be heard from 9 to 10 a.m. Sundays on WRBK 90.3. Call 209-9381 or 519-9799 for details.
• Interim speaker Cooney Wishert.
• Fill out family sheets for new church directory.
• Leeds Baptist Church is on Facebook. The website is www.leedsbaptist.org.
• Disaster Relief offering taken Sunday.
• Sunday school, 10 a.m. Sunday. Worship at 11 a.m.
• Bible study, 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Choir practice, 5 p.m. Sunday.
• Needed food pantry item is green beans. Last week was spaghetti sauce.
• Bible study on Book of Mark, "Service and Sacrifice," 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• Children In Action and youth, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• See Patti if interested in going to Haiti the first week in July.
• See Sandra to help with planning of vacation Bible school.
Chinese auction, fish fry and hot dog sale to benefit the Youth Department, Saturday, March 15. Ticket drop time is 10 a.m. to noon, auction at noon. No tickets dropped after noon. Call 209-4540.
Metropolitan AME Zion
Prayer at 6 p.m. and Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Mount Moriah Baptist
Food pantry is open the third Saturday of each month from 10 a.m. to noon. Proof of address and a picture ID are required. Call 377-3495.
Mount Olive Baptist
• Youth Bible study, 6 to 7 p.m. Tuesday.
• Monthly youth meeting, 6:30 to 8 p.m. Wednesday.
Mount Olive Baptist, Fairfield
One Hundred Women in Red program, 2 p.m. Sunday, March 16. All welcome.
Mount Pilgrim Baptist
Eleventh anniversary celebration for the Rev. John E. Darby and First Lady Mable B. Darby, 2 p.m. Sunday. All welcome.
Mount Prospect Baptist
• Pastor Appreciation for 23 years of service for the Rev. George Sims, 5 p.m. Saturday, March 15. The Rev. Daniel Chisholm of Fairview Baptist will speak and his choir will visit. All welcome.
• Women's Day during morning worship Sunday, March 23.
• Prayer service, 7 p.m. first Wednesday of each month. Bible study, 7 p.m. second, third and fourth Wednesday. All welcome.
New Hope UMC
• Disaster relief meeting, 4 p.m. Sunday.
• Circuit Lenten Bible study, 6 p.m. Sunday at Capers Chapel UMC and Sunday, March 16, at New Hope UMC.
• New Hope is working the Bethel UMC soup kitchen Wednesday.
• Council on Ministries meeting, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 19.
• Administrative Board meeting, 7 p.m. Thursday, March 20.
New Vision Ministries
Annual women's conference, "By Divine Design," has been rescheduled for March 21-22 at The Gateway Conference Center, Richburg. Details to follow. Church is at 222 West Elliott St.
Revival, 7 p.m. nightly March 9-12 with Ryan McMillan of Dallas, Texas. Special music each service.
• Kids Corner on Matthew 6, The Lord's Prayer, now through April.
• Old newspapers needed, donate to the church to be used for children's activities.
• Prayer, 6:30 p.m. Monday. Bible classes, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Health checks available through Billy Murphy Foundation, 144 Center St. Call 374-4216 or 385-2878 for appointments. Lines are open for prayer. Call 581-0004.
Paradise AME Zion
• Ladies Night Out/Pajama Party, 6:30 p.m. Friday, March 14, at a location to be announced. Tickets are $10 each and can be bought from any member.
• Women's Day program, 2:30 p.m. Sunday, March 23. The Rev. Angela Boyd of Metropolitan AME Zion will speak. Theme: "Every Praise To Our God." Attire is white. All invited.
• This month's WMU project is to bring non-perishable food items for the pantry.
• Fifth Sunday night singing, March 30.
• Catfish Tournament, 6 to 11 a.m. Saturday, April 12, at Lake Waterere. Register now at 581-3875 or 242-5042.
Pine Grove Baptist
Intercessory prayer, 6:15 p.m. Wednesday followed by Bible study at 7 p.m.
• Purity Bells play during 11 a.m. worship Sunday.
• Boy Scouts Sunday, 3:30 p.m.
• Handbell rehearsal, 5:45 p.m. Sunday.
• Bible study, 10 a.m. Tuesday.
• Cub Scouts, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.
• Wednesday night programs with meal at 6 p.m., Bible study at 6:30 p.m.
• Adult Choir, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Radical For Christ
Intercessory prayer, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Monday. Bible study, 10 to 11 a.m. Tuesday. Wednesday Bible study from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Services at 217 Columbia St. (Love Presbyterian Church). All welcome. Call Pastor Bessie B. Curbeam at 581-4709.
Rehoboth AME Zion
Prayer and Bible study, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Repairer of the Breach Evangelistic Ministry
Bible study, 7 p.m. Wednesday at Brooklyn Center, 331 Ashford St.
Sandy River Baptist Association (LD)
Vacation Bible school worship, 10 a.m. Saturday, March 15, at Mount Zion Baptist, 2824 Columbia Road, Blackstock. Call 581-0800 for details.
Seed of Blessings Ministry Revival Center
Revival, 7 p.m. first and third Thursdays with Evangelist A.L. Hensley. Simple gospel and prayers for sick and afflicted. Prayer and miracle service, 7 p.m. Thursdays. All welcome. Church is at 2738 Catawba River Road, Fort Lawn. Call 370-2147.
Temple of Praise
Spring revival, 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Pastor Herbert Crump Jr. and Freedom Temple Church will speak Saturday and Pastor Maurice Revell and The Well at Agape International Ministries will speak Sunday. All welcome. Church is at 112 Hudson St. Call 385-3821.
Together As One
• The bluegrass band Inspiration performs at 11 a.m. Sunday.
• Bible study for everyone with Brother John Williams, 6 p.m. Wednesday. Church is at 534 Bratton St.
Trinity Baptist, Great Falls
Revival, March 23-26. Times are 6 p.m. on Sunday, March 23, and 7 p.m. nightly March 24-26.
Trinity Christian Fellowship
Time of miracles and prophetic encounters with Prophet Malik Seabrook concludes at 7 p.m. tonight. All welcome. Church is at 501 Saluda St.
Union Ezell AME Zion
Chinese auction, today at American Legion in Lancaster. Doors at 4 p.m., auction at 7 p.m. Variety of prizes, 50/50 drawing. Call Willie Day at 803-872-4811.
United Pentecostal Church
Bible study, 7:30 p.m. Friday at the Chester YMCA. Call David Hinton at 385-6848. All welcome.
Upper Hope Station Missionary Baptist
Family and Friends Day, 2 p.m. Sunday with the Rev. Warren Baxter of Ebenezer Baptist. All invited.
West Chester Baptist
Revival, Sunday through Wednesday in partnership with the State Baptist Convention and Southwestern Theological Seminary. Service times are 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. Sunday and 7 p.m. nightly Monday through Wednesday. Phillip Box from Southwestern Theological Seminary will speak. Fellowship meal Sunday after morning service, pizza fellowship at 6 p.m. Wednesday. Church is at 1898 Pinckney Road. Transportation available, call 377-1203.
West Side Baptist
• Chester Baptist Association's Pastors and Wives celebration, 6 p.m. tonight.
• F.A.I.T.H. Evangelism Team members meet after worship Sunday.
• Choir practice, 5 p.m. Sunday. Evening worship at 6 p.m.
• R.E.A.C.H. "E" Team, 7 p.m. Tuesday.
• Men's prayer breakfast, 8 a.m. Wednesday.
• AWANAs, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday followed by prayer meeting at 7 p.m.
• Revival, March 16-19 with the Rev. David Gallamore. Times are 6 p.m. Sunday, March 16, and 7 p.m. nightly March 17-19. Special singing begins 15 minutes before services. Nursery provided.
• Embracers meeting, 11 a.m. Tuesday, March 18.
• Revival, March 9-12 with Luke Robinson from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. Church-wide dinner follows evening service Sunday. Bring well-filled baskets.
• Food pantry item is rice.
• Deadline for Darlington race tickets is Sunday. Tickets are $25 and the race is Saturday, April 12.
Word & Spirit Christian Fellowship
Sundays at 10 and 11 a.m. at 121 Mobley St. Children's Ministry for ages three to 12. Wednesday teaching services at 7:15 p.m. at 126 York St. Youth services for ages three and older. Live every Sunday at 11 a.m. at www.wordandspirit.com/media.
Zion Pilgrim Missionary Baptist
• Sixth pastoral anniversary celebration for Pastor Donnie D. Dye, 10 a.m. Sunday.
• Award-winning North Carolina A&T Fellowship Gospel Choir performs at 4 p.m. Sunday. Church is at 3030 Pinckney Road, Chester. All welcome. Call 581-8303.
• Men's Day during 10 a.m. worship Sunday, March 16.