- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Book Club, 5 p.m. Sunday.
• Bible study, 2 p.m. Wednesday. Choir practice at 6:30 p.m.
• AA meetings are held at 8 p.m. Wednesdays in the fellowship hall.
Battered But Not Broken Ministries
Battered But Not Broken Ministry is always in need of donations. Checks may be made out to Battered But Not Broken Ministry and mailed to P.O. Box 213, Chester. The group's mission is to assist families and ex-offenders rebuild their lives in the community while re-establishing homes and helping fight drug and alcohol abuse, crime and violence. Call LeTanya Williams at 385-2290 or visit www.batteredbutnotbrokenministries.org.
• Tuesday Bible study group, 11 a.m. Tuesdays on the Book of Proverbs.
• CrossRoads program, 6 p.m. Wednesdays. Covered dish meal at 6 p.m., adult program and ARTS program for youth at 6:45 p.m. and Chancel Choir practice at 7:30 p.m.
• Volunteers and church teams needed for Loaves and Fishes Community Soup Kitchen, which will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 385-3266 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Meals are free and open to anyone. Kitchen will be open each Wednesday in March.
Big Calvary Baptist
Deacon ordination service for Frank P. McCullough, Clint Jones and Daryl Featherstone, 2 p.m. Sunday. All invited.
Black Rock Baptist
Spring trip to Atlanta with Golden Age Club, Thursday, April 17. Guests will tour the MLK Jr. Memorial Center, visit Sweet Auburn Curb Market, dine at Busy Bee Restaurant and shop at Cumberland Mall. Money is due by Tuesday, April 1. For prices and other details, call Marilyn Stinson at 803-230-7147 or Shirley Caldwell at 803-402-1000.
Blackstock First Baptist
• Trip to the zoo, Saturday. Youth revival meeting at Associational office, 7 p.m.
• Morning worship with the van Klingerens, Sunday.
• Pastor Search Committee meetings, 7 p.m. Thursday.
• WMU sewing for Haiti, 9 a.m. Saturday, March 29.
• Prayer Team, 6 p.m. Wednesdays. Choir practice, 5:30 p.m. Sundays.
Branded 4 Life Cowboy Church
Singing and worship, 7 to 8 p.m. Monday at 1777 Old Mill Road, Richburg. All welcome.
Calvary Baptist, Calvary Church Road
• Ivan Parker concert, tonight. Van will leave from Earl and Linda Carter's house at 3:30 p.m. followed by meal at Wagon Wheel. Cost is $10, supper Dutch treat. Sign up in the vestibule.
• Vacation Bible school meeting at West Chester Baptist, 3 p.m. Sunday. Also drama practice.
• AWANAs for ages two through 18, 4 p.m. Sunday.
• Lunch and Bible study at Cyclone Restaurant, 11 a.m. Tuesday. Good News Club at COLT, 2:15 p.m.
• Fellowship meal, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday. Devotions, prayers and children's Bible study, 7 p.m. Adult Choir practice at 7:30 p.m.
• Singing and worship at Chester Active Day Center, 10 a.m. Thursday, March 27.
Capers Chapel UMC
Circuit Lenten Bible study, 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Holy Week, noon to 1 p.m. April 14-18. Lenten message from 12 to 12:30 p.m., lunch prepared by area churches from 12:30 to 1 p.m.
• Bible study/breakfast, 8:30 a.m. Wednesday in the Barron Room.
• Mid-week meals and activities, Wednesday. Meal at 6 p.m., Krystal Bells, groups and mid-week worship at 6:45 p.m. and Sanctuary Choir practice at 7:30 p.m.
• Men's Bible study/prayer, 7 a.m. Friday in the Barron Room.
• Middle school retreat, March 28-30 at Bonclarken.
• Maundy Thursday service, 7 p.m. April 17.
• Children's Easter Festival, 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday, April 19.
• Sunrise service, 7 a.m. Sunday, April 20, at Hopewell ARP Church. Bring flowers to place on the rustic cross.
Chester First Baptist
WMU spring meeting of Chester Baptist Association, 6:30 p.m. Monday, April 7, at First Baptist with a missionary speaker. Refreshments served.
Christian Motorcycle Association
The Warriors of Fire Rock Hill Chapter of the Christian Motorcycle Association meets at 9 a.m. the second Saturday of each month at Golden Corral in Rock Hill. For details visit www.cmausa.org.
Cool Branch Baptist
Cemetery clean-up, 9 a.m. Saturday, April 12. Picnic to follow. Call Gwen Bannister at 803-718-2718.
Countywide Youth Revival
Countywide Youth Revival, May 2-4. Tentative location is Lewisville High School. This is not a Baptist event and all churches welcome to help. Speakers will be Carl Martin, who played for the 1981 Clemson Tigers championship football team; Todd Davis, who played for the S.C. Gamecocks; and The Strength Team, made up of former professional athletes. The event will feature live music and free food every night. Inflatables for children, fun for all. For details e-mail email@example.com.
Emmanuel Chapel Missionary Baptist
Youth Department trip to Lazy 5 Ranch, Saturday, April 12. Seats are first come, first serve. Bus will leave at 8 a.m. from Emmanuel Chapel parking lot. Easter Egg Extravaganza for the kids at 10 a.m. For ticket prices call 374-0476.
Eternal Rock Church
• Prayer and Bible study, 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday. Teenage Bible class, 7 to 8 p.m. Tuesday. Refreshments served. Prayer, 9 to 11 p.m. Friday.
• All women in leadership, pastors, first ladies and ministers asked to come from 11 a.m. to noon every Saturday for prayer.
Fairview AME Zion
1960s and 1970s Prom Ball, 7 to 11 p.m. Friday, March 28, at Anna's Arbor, 129 Gadsden St. Dress to impress, first place prizes for males and females. Call the Rev. Boyd at 374-1092 or Monica Cloud at 803-289-8266 for ticket information.
Faith and Love Christian Center
Afterschool program, 3 to 6 p.m. Monday-Friday. Teaching, homework help. For information on prices call Wylie Frederick at 377-8302 or Debbie Brown at 519-8734.
First Baptist of Lowrys
• Choir practice, 4:30 p.m. Sunday.
• Evening worship and youth, 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Bible study, youth and AWANAs, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
First Church of the Nazarene
• Men's prayer breakfast, 9 a.m. Saturday at the Family Life Center. All men invited. No cost but donations accepted. Call Robert Burkett at 581-4193.
• Special service for young men with Justin Ford preaching, 11 a.m. Sunday. Brian Yarborough will give his testimony. Seating for young married men and their families as well as young single men.
• Indoor camp, March 30-April 2 at First Church of the Nazarene in Rock Hill, 722 North Jones Ave. Service times are 5 p.m. Sunday, March 30, and 7 p.m. nightly March 31-April 2. The Rev. Greg Mason from Charlotte will speak. Singers will be Kelly and Sue Harvell from Fort Mill. Jared Emerson, artist from Greenville, will paint the face of God on Sunday, March 30. All welcome. Vans leave church in Chester at 4 p.m. Sunday and 6 p.m. Monday through Wednesday. Call 899-2455 for details about any announcement.
First Free Will Baptist
• Happy Stitchers, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday.
• Ladies Auxiliary fundraiser dinner, Sunday.
• Men's Choir first anniversary celebration, 2 p.m. Sunday, March 30. Choirs will sing, all invited.
• Hym Choir spring program, 2 p.m. Sunday, April 6. Various choirs will sing, all welcome.
• Chinese auction, Saturday, April 12. Ticket drop from 10 a.m. to noon only, auction at noon. No tickets dropped after noon. Featuring half and half, money tree, gift cards, cash, food and fun. For prices and details call Margaret Young at 581-3219 or Linda Buckson at 581-4772.
• Palm Sunday Hats on Parade, 2 p.m. Sunday, April 13. Call Rosa Lee Hall at 385-2729, all welcome.
Harvest Time Ministries
Time For The Truth can be heard from 9 to 10 a.m. Sundays on WRBK 90.3. Call 209-9381 or 519-9799 for details.
• Members asked to update family information for new church directory.
• Children's Church volunteers needed.
• Leeds Baptist Church is on Facebook. The website is www.leedsbaptist.org.
• Sunday school, 10 a.m. Sunday. Worship at 11 a.m.
• Bible study, 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Choir practice, 5 p.m. Sunday.
• Annie Armstrong Mission March, Sunday.
• Needed food pantry item is toilet paper. Last week was mashed potatoes.
• Bible study on Book of Mark, "Service and Sacrifice," 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• Children In Action and youth, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• Ladies Jubilee, 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday, April 5, at New Hope Church in Rock Hill.
• See Patti if interested in going to Haiti the first week in July.
• See Sandra to help with planning of vacation Bible school.
Metropolitan AME Zion
• Women's Empowerment Night, "Fortified Women Standing on the Rock," 7 p.m. Thursday, March 27. Guest psalmist will be Abbey Wilson-Young and guest preachers will be Elder LaTonya W. Boyd of Garden of Shalom, York, and Bishop Ronnie Duncan. Church is at 182 York St.
• Prayer at 6 p.m. and Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Mount Hebron AME Zion
Chinese auction at Gethsemane Baptist, 807 Darby Road, Saturday, March 29. Ticket drop from 10 a.m. to noon, auction at noon. Tickets available from any member or at the door.
Mount Moriah Baptist
Food pantry is open the third Saturday of each month from 10 a.m. to noon. Proof of address and a picture ID are required. Call 377-3495.
Mount Olive Baptist
Youth Bible study, 6 to 7 p.m. Tuesday.
Mount Prospect Baptist
• Women's Day during morning worship Sunday.
• Senior Choir 45th anniversary celebration, 2 p.m. Sunday, April 13. Choirs will sing, all invited.
• Prayer service, 7 p.m. first Wednesday of each month. Bible study, 7 p.m. second, third and fourth Wednesday. All welcome.
Mount Zion Baptist
• Chinese auction, Saturday, March 29, at the YMCA. Tickets dropped from 10 a.m. to noon, auction at 12:05 p.m. Large variety of gifts and a valuable door prize. See Mount Zion members to buy tickets. Call 385-5834 or 374-1325.
• Women's Day, 2 p.m. Sunday, March 30, with the Rev. Angela Boyd of Metropolitan AME Zion as guest speaker. Various choirs will sing. Colorectal Cancer Month will be observed and the color for this type of cancer is blue. All welcome.
New Hope UMC
Circuit Lenten Bible study, 6 p.m. Sunday at Capers Chapel UMC.
New Vision Ministries
Annual women's conference, "By Divine Design," 7 p.m. tonight and 9 a.m. Saturday at The Gateway Conference Center in Richburg. Tonight's session will include a "Mask-A-Rade Ball." Doors will open at 6 p.m. Pamela Hutchinson of Cleveland, Tenn. will be host messenger. Register now or upon arrival. Call 899-2348.
New Zion Baptist
Family and Friends Day, Sunday, April 6. All welcome.
• Annie Armstrong Easter offering for North American missions will be taken Sunday.
• Family Night and mission organizations, Tuesday, April 1.
• Associational spring WMU meeting at First Baptist, Monday, April 7.
• Men's Ministries breakfast, Saturday, April 12.
• Kids Corner on Matthew 6, The Lord's Prayer, now through April.
• Old newspapers needed, donate to the church to be used for children's activities.
• Prayer, 6:30 p.m. Monday. Bible classes, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Health checks available through Billy Murphy Foundation, 144 Center St. Call 374-4216 or 385-2878 for appointments. Lines are open for prayer. Call 581-0004.
Paradise AME Zion
Women's Day program, 2:30 p.m. Sunday. The Rev. Angela Boyd of Metropolitan AME Zion will speak. Theme: "Every Praise To Our God." Attire is white. All invited.
• WMU collecting non-perishable food items for the pantry.
• Kids selling Little Caesars pizza kits to raise money for Bibles. Call the church or order from one of the children.
• Fifth Sunday night singing, March 30.
• Catfish Tournament, 6 to 11 a.m. Saturday, April 12, at Lake Waterere. Register now at 581-3875 or 242-5042.
• Easter egg hunt, noon to 2 p.m. Saturday, April 19.
• Easter breakfast, 8 a.m. Sunday, April 20, with service and cantata at 9 a.m. No evening service.
Pine Grove Baptist
Intercessory prayer, 6:15 p.m. Wednesday followed by Bible study at 7 p.m.
Pleasant Grove Presbyterian
Sporting clay shoot, 11 a.m. Saturday. Entry fee $20, prizes awarded. Bring your own gun and shells. Proceeds go to Relay For Life. Call Eddie Shirley at 374-0083.
• Boy Scouts Sunday, 3:30 p.m.
• Kids' Movie Sunday at 4 p.m.
• Handbell rehearsal, 5:45 p.m. Sunday.
• Bible study, 10 a.m. Tuesday.
• Cub Scouts, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.
• Wednesday night programs with meal at 6 p.m., Bible study at 6:30 p.m.
• Adult Choir, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Church work day, 8 a.m. to noon Saturday.
Radical For Christ
Intercessory prayer, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Monday. Bible study, 10 to 11 a.m. Tuesday. Wednesday Bible study from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Services at 217 Columbia St. (Love Presbyterian Church). All welcome. Call Pastor Bessie B. Curbeam at 581-4709.
Rehoboth AME Zion
Prayer and Bible study, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Repairer of the Breach Evangelistic Ministry
Bible study, 7 p.m. Wednesday at Brooklyn Center, 331 Ashford St.
Saluda Street Church of God
• Young At Heart meeting, noon Saturday in the Family Life Center. St. Patrick's Day theme. All seniors 50 and older invited. Call Donna Varnadore for details.
• DNT (Disciples N' Training) children will attend Smoky Mountain KIDFEST May 2-4. DNT will present a drama at Sunday.
• K.I.D.S. (Kids In Divine Service) will bring mission money each Sunday in March and Sunday, March 30, will be the deadline. Child raising the most for this project will be awarded a 2014 YWEA Kid trophy. For the past two years, K.I.D.S. have been state winners for raising the most and were awarded first row seats at KIDFEST.
• Canned fruit donations needed for food pantry.
Sandy River Baptist Association (LD)
Women's Auxiliary one-day session, 10 a.m. Saturday, April 12, at Friendship Missionary Baptist. Evangelist Gail McCullough of Friendship will speak. All young women auxiliaries and missionaries invited. Call Mary McClurkin at 581-8182.
Seed of Blessings Ministry Revival Center
Revival, 7 p.m. first and third Thursdays with Evangelist A.L. Hensley. Simple gospel and prayers for sick and afflicted. Prayer and miracle service, 7 p.m. Thursdays. All welcome. Church is at 2738 Catawba River Road, Fort Lawn. Call 370-2147.
Together As One
• Hot dog sale, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. today. Cost is $6 per plate. Hot dog sale and car wash, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday. Plates will be delivered to businesses.
• Bible study for everyone with Brother John Williams, 7 p.m. Wednesday. Church is at 534 Bratton St.
• Joy Night, 6 p.m. Sunday, March 30.
Trinity Baptist, Great Falls
Revival, March 23-26. Times are 6 p.m. on Sunday, March 23, and 7 p.m. nightly March 24-26.
Trinity Christian Fellowship
Easter play, "The Last Supper" by Pamela Douglas White, 5 p.m. Sunday, April 13. Church is at 501 Saluda Road. No admission fee.
United Pentecostal Church
Bible study, 7:30 p.m. Friday at the Chester YMCA. Call David Hinton at 385-6848. All welcome.
Wesley Memorial UMC
United Methodist Men breakfast, 7:45 a.m. Sunday with Lt. Max Dorsey of SLED.
West Side Baptist
• Choir practice, 5 p.m. Sunday. Evening worship at 6 p.m.
• R.E.A.C.H. "C" Team meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
• Men's prayer breakfast, 8 a.m. Wednesday.
• AWANAs, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday followed by prayer meeting at 7 p.m.
• Saturate 2014 planning meeting, 7 p.m. Thursday at the associational office in Richburg. Those helping with Saturate 2014 should attend. Volunteers needed for this youth program.
• Children's Game Night with light refreshments, 5:30 to 8 p.m. tonight in the fellowship hall.
• Trip to Hamrick's in Gaffney, 9 a.m. Thursday, March 27. Stopping for lunch on the way back.
• New ministry, C.A.R.E. (Christians Actively Reaching Everyone) starts at 1 p.m. Tuesday, April 1.
• Spring WMU meeting, Monday, April 7.
• Easter egg hunt follows breakfast after sunrise service on Sunday, April 20.
Word & Spirit Christian Fellowship
Sundays at 10 and 11 a.m. at 121 Mobley St. Children's Ministry for ages three to 12. Wednesday teaching services at 7:15 p.m. at 126 York St. Youth services for ages three and older. Live every Sunday at 11 a.m. at www.wordandspirit.com/media.