- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Homecoming, 11 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 3. Cemetery Association meeting and memorial service, 2 p.m.
• AA meetings are held at 8 p.m. Wednesdays in the fellowship hall.
Big Calvary Baptist
Revival, Sunday through Friday, July 27-Aug. 1, starting with homecoming Sunday evening. Pastor Ricky White speaks at 2 p.m. Sunday. Minister Raquel Gill speaks at 7 p.m. nightly Monday and Tuesday; Pastor Rodney Freeman speaks Wednesday; Pastor George Cook speaks Thursday; and Pastor William Coleman speaks Friday. All welcome.
Anyone wanting to helping with the mission project on Collins Street July 28-Aug. 1 should call David Brown for details.
Camp Creek UMC
Annual Back To School Blast, 5 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 3. First 150 kids in grades kindergarten through 12 receive a free book bag. Hot dog supper provided. Sign-up begins promptly at 5 p.m. Children must be present to receive a book bag. Call Mark at 379-3152 and leave a message with your number.
Capers Chapel UMC
Vacation Bible school, 6 to 8 p.m. Aug. 3-6.
Chester First Baptist
• Men's bake-off, Wednesday.
• Registrations taken for four-year-old kindergarten. Call 377-7187.
Chestnut Grove AME Zion
Youth fashion show, "Fashions Behind the Mask," 6 p.m. Saturday in the fellowship hall. Call Paris Price at 803-402-0511 for ticket prices and details.
Faith and Love Christian Center
Summer Enrichment Program, 3:30 to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday utilizing skills of STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics). For grades three through eight. Visit www.faithandlove.info/summerenrichment.html.
First Baptist Church of Richburg
Vacation Bible school, Aug. 3-7. Something for everyone, all invited. 165 Main St., Richburg.
First Church of the Nazarene
• Vacation Bible school, "Tumbleweed Gulch," 6 to 8:30 p.m. July 28-Aug. 1. Commencement at 10 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 3. Bible lessons, singing, skits, crafts, sports and food each night. For ages four through 12. Class for ages 13 to 18 also offered.
• Men's Ministry cook-out for the men, 7 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 7, in the Family Life Center. All men and their sons invited. Call Robert Burkett at 444-3131.
First Free Will Baptist
Happy Stitchers meeting, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday.
First Mount Zion
Revival concludes at 7 p.m. tonight with the Rev. Donnie Dye of Zion Pilgrim Missionary Baptist.
Revival begins at 10 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 10, with the Rev. Charles Pratt. The 2 p.m. speaker will be the Rev. Jelester Sanders of New High Springs Baptist, Gastonia. Revival continues at 7 p.m. nightly Aug. 10-14 with Bishop Terry McCaskill of Mt. Sinai World Outreach Ministries, Pendleton, S.C. Theme: "Pressing Your Way Through Hard Times and Tribulations With Jesus."
Now taking enrollment for van rider afterschool and tutoring. Also taking enrollment for four-year-old kindergarten through eighth grade. Call 581-1793 for details and/or to rent the conference room. First day for Holy Place Christian Academy is 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday, Aug. 18. Pick-up time 3:30 p.m. for all school-age children.
Lando Church of God
General Assembly, July 28-Aug. 1.
• Needed food pantry item is chicken and dumplings. Last week was Viennas or Spam.
• Place information for Sunday bulletins on office desk by Thursday of each week.
• Haiti Mission Team is now in Haiti. Guatemala mission trip leaves Aug. 1.
Mount Olive Baptist, Fairfield
Revival, 11 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 3. No Sunday night service. Revival continues at 7 p.m. nightly Monday through Thursday, Aug. 4-7, with the Rev. Cliff Dye of Purity Baptist as speaker.
Mount Pleasant Presbyterian
Bible school, 7 to 9 p.m. tonight and 10 a.m. Saturday. Short class time, games and recreation, bouncy house with a slide and a picnic on Saturday. All welcome. Call 581-0605 for details or directions. If no answer, call 803-548-1766 or 803-417-4018.
Mount Prospect Baptist
Revival begins Sunday, Aug. 10. Sunday school at 9 a.m., prayer service at 10 a.m., call to worship at 10:30 a.m. No Sunday night service. Services at 7 p.m. nightly Aug. 11-14 with the Rev. James Mason of Emmanuel Chapel, Jonesville. Various choirs will sing. All welcome.
New Hope UMC
Vacation Bible school, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 16.
Old Hope Station Baptist
Sing-Out benefit for Deacon Howard English, 5 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2. Church is at 2955 Fort Wagner Road, Blair. All welcome.
• Church yard sale, 8 a.m. Saturday in the Family Life Center.
• Fifth Sunday singing, Sunday, Aug. 31.
• WMU collecting money for Jordan Diggs, who is in need of a kidney transplant.
• Purity Playschool taking applications for two- and three-year-old classes for the 2014-2015 school year. Space is limited, call 377-8175.
• The Bible in 90 days, 9:45 a.m. Sunday and 7 p.m. Monday.
• Boy Scout Sunday, 3:30 p.m.
Vacation Bible school, "Big Heart Farms: Where God's Fruit Grows," 6 to 8:30 p.m. nightly July 28-Aug. 1. Classes for ages three to 12.
Rossville AME Zion
Fire In The Falls Youth Explosion, 6 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2. All talents welcome, such as singing (solo and group), dance, mime, rapping, poetry and playing instruments. School supplies given away. For line-up and program call Daon Rice at 444-2758, Rochelle Rice at 482-2529, Carol Funderburk at 374-2181 or Angela Spence at 899-2239.
Saluda Street Church of God
• Young At Heart meeting and meal, noon Saturday in the Family Life Center for games, fun and fellowship. Barbecue and side items. Those ages 50 and older invited. See Donna Varnadore to sign up.
• White water rafting on the Nantahala River, Saturday. See Wanda Partain.
• Pickle ball in the Family Life Center, 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday and 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday. See Ronnie Greenwood for details.
St. Paul Halsellville Baptist
Annual revival, 7 p.m. nightly July 28-31 with Bishop B.R. Wilson of Gethsemane Baptist, Rock Hill.
Joshua Tent Ministries (Thomas Currence) will hold a tent service at 7 p.m. nightly until further notice beside the old Finley School in East Chester. Everyone welcome to bring the sick, lame and the lost. Donations welcome. Call 374-4466 or 389-7264.
Together As One
Bible school, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Aug. 1 and 2 for ages two to 12.
Life celebration for Mary "May Lou" Sanders, 3 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2. The event is a surprise. Call Gloria Cornwell at 581-4240 to RSVP or for details.
Upper Hope Station Missionary Baptist
Annual revival services begin Sunday. Morning service at 10 a.m., afternoon service at 2 p.m. Evening at 7 p.m. nightly Monday through Thursday with the Rev. Timothy Cousar of Mount Hopewell Baptist.
West Side Baptist
• Working on the Chester Project at 106 Oak St., 8 a.m. today and tomorrow.
• Chester Baptist Association committee meeting, 7 p.m. Monday at the associational office.
• R.E.A.C.H. "C" Team, 7 p.m. Tuesday.
• Prayer breakfast, 8 a.m. Wednesday. AWANA Lite and prayer meeting, 7 p.m.
• Deacons' meeting after service Sunday.
• Quarterly business meeting postponed until after service Sunday, Aug. 3. Nominations for deacons and nominating committee members taken Sunday, Aug. 3.
• Children and youth to go tubing, Saturday, Aug. 16, in Helen, Ga.
• Prayer requests to www.wilksburgbaptist.com.
• Annual yard sale, 7 a.m. Saturday in the social hall, rain or shine. Biscuits will be sold. Proceeds go to WMU and Mens' Ministry trailer fund. See Christi Butler or Stewart Sims.
• Wild game banquet, Friday, Aug. 1, at West End Baptist Church, Rock Hill. Doors at 4:30 p.m., banquet at 7 p.m. For tickets see William Butler. Tickets are $20 each and are limited so get them fast.
• The Rev. Keith Hinson and Jane Beam will be part of the India mission trip. Plans underway for fundraisers to help.
Word and Spirit Christian Fellowship
Family Night, "Dinner and a Show," 7:15 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 6, at the York Street location.
Zion Pilgrim Baptist
Lunch & Learn Program, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. through Aug. 8 for ages five to 18. Free program with free lunch, reading, writing, math and field trips. Transportation available. Call Pamela Thompson at 864-545-6525. Church is at 3030 Pinckney Road.