- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Men's breakfast, Sunday.
• Book Club, 5 p.m. Sunday.
• Bible study, 2 p.m. Wednesday. Choir practice at 6:30 p.m.
• AA meetings are held at 8 p.m. Wednesdays in the fellowship hall.
Battered But Not Broken Ministries
Battered But Not Broken Ministry is always in need of donations. Checks may be made out to Battered But Not Broken Ministry and mailed to P.O. Box 213, Chester. The group's mission is to assist families and ex-offenders rebuild their lives in the community while re-establishing homes and helping fight drug and alcohol abuse, crime and violence. Call LeTanya Hall at 385-2290 or visit www.batteredbutnotbrokenministries.org.
• Souper Bowl Sunday, Feb. 2.
• Tuesday Bible study group, 11 a.m. Tuesdays on the Book of Proverbs.
• CrossRoads program, 6 p.m. Wednesdays. Covered dish meal at 6 p.m., Bible study at 6:45 p.m. and Chancel Choir practice at 7:30 p.m.
• Volunteers and church teams needed for Loaves and Fishes Community Soup Kitchen, which will resume from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 5. The menu will be homemade beef vegetable soup, cornbread, drinks and dessert. Menu for Wednesday, Feb. 12, is homemade chicken noodle soup, crackers, fruit cocktail, dessert and drink. Call 385-3266 or e-mail email@example.com. The first team will be headed up by Brenda Cabrey and Bethel. Meals are free and open to anyone. Kitchen will be open each Wednesday in February and March. Contributions accepted.
Blackstock First Baptist
Prayer Team, 6 p.m. Wednesdays. Choir practice, 5:30 p.m. Sundays.
Branded 4 Life Cowboy Church
Singing and worship, 7 to 8 p.m. Monday at 1777 Old Mill Road, Richburg. All welcome.
Brooklyn Williamsville AME Zion
Fish plate sale, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. Plates are $7 each and will be sold at the Brooklyn House behind the church. All invited.
Calvary Baptist, Calvary Church Road
• Fred and Madeline van Klingeren will report on missions in Eastern Europe during worship Sunday.
• AWANAs for ages two through 18, 4 p.m. Sunday at the church.
• Calvary responsible for manning Community Food Bank Feb. 3-7.
• Lunch and Bible study at the Cyclone Restaurant, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday. Good News Club at COLT, 2:15 to 4 p.m.
• Fellowship meal, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday. Prayer, devotions and children's program, 7 p.m. Adult Choir practice at 7:30 p.m.
• Children's Valentine's party, noon to 2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 8.
• Bible study, 8:30 a.m. Wednesday in the Barron Room.
• Mid-week meals and activities, Wednesday. Meal at 6 p.m., Krystal Bells, groups and mid-week worship at 6:45 p.m. and Sanctuary Choir practice at 7:30 p.m.
• Men's Bible study/prayer, 7 a.m. Friday in the Barron Room.
Chester First Baptist
Boston butt sale, today. Cost is $25 with proceeds going to the Mission Team. Order by calling the church office.
Chester Second Baptist
• Open Door, a community youth event, 8 p.m. to midnight tonight at Church of God of Prophecy, 222 West Elliott St. Open to all middle and high school youth in Chester County. Games, food, music and a message. Call Nate Malone at 377-7149.
• Two-day conference in partnership with the Vine Institute on healing of the mind, body and spirit, 7 to 9 p.m. tonight and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. Instructor will be Sean Quental, author of "The King's Protocol." Topics include physical ailments, emotional trauma and spiritual bondage. Fees are $40 per person or $50 per couple (scholarships available).
• Outdoor Christian Ministry's second annual Sportsman's Banquet, Saturday, Feb. 22. Tickets available soon at the church office and other locations in the community
Christian Motorcycle Association
The Warriors of Fire Rock Hill Chapter of the Christian Motorcycle Association meets at 9 a.m. the second Saturday of each month at Golden Corral in Rock Hill. For details visit www.cmausa.org.
Cool Branch Baptist
• Baptist men and youth in charge of service Sunday. Merritt Gantt will speak.
• Family Night, Sunday. Deacons' meeting at 9:30 a.m., group meetings at 5:15 p.m., meal at 5:30 p.m. (see Linda Blanchett for menu) and concert by The Johnson Family at 6:30 p.m. Love offering taken.
• Seniors' Valentine party at home of Allen and Beth Gantt, 5 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 15. Cost is $5, supper will be steak. Sign up by Sunday, Feb. 9.
Countywide Youth Revival
Countywide Youth Revival, May 2-4. Tentative location is Lewisville High School. This is not a Baptist event and all churches welcome to help. Speakers will be Carl Martin, who played for the 1981 Clemson Tigers championship football team; Todd Davis, who played for the S.C. Gamecocks; and The Strength Team, made up of former professional athletes. The event will feature live music and free food every night. Inflatables for children, fun for all. For details e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eternal Rock Church
• Prayer and Bible study, 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday. Teenage Bible class, 7 to 8 p.m. Tuesday. Refreshments served. Prayer, 9 to 11 p.m. Friday.
• All women in leadership, pastors, first ladies and ministers asked to come from 11 a.m. to noon every Saturday for prayer.
Faith and Love Christian Center
Afterschool program, 3 to 6 p.m. Monday-Friday. Teaching, homework help. For information on prices call Wylie Frederick at 377-8302 or Debbie Brown at 519-8734.
First Baptist of Lowrys
• Choir practice, 4:30 p.m. Sunday.
• Evening worship and youth, 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Bible study, youth and AWANAs, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
First Free Will Baptist
• Seniors' meeting, 6 p.m. Tuesday.
• Men's fellowship, 6 p.m. Thursday.
• Happy Stitchers, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 8.
• Teens meet at 6 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 8.
Harvest Time Ministries
Time For The Truth can be heard from 9 to 10 a.m. Sundays on WRBK 90.3. Call 209-9381 or 519-9799 for details.
• Building and Grounds Committee meeting after morning worship Sunday in the social hall.
• Valentine's hamburger steak supper, 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 14. Sign up in the vestibule. Bring dessert. Entertainment, games and exchanging Valentines.
• Extraordinary Women's Conference in Greenville, March 14 and 15.
• Winter Jam for youth, Friday, March 14.
• Sunday school, 10 a.m. Sunday. Worship at 11 a.m. on "The Unveiling of the Book of Revelations."
• Bible study, 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Needed food pantry item is your choice. Last week was pancake mix and syrup.
• WMU and Brotherhood, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• Children In Action and youth meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• WMU taking up items for nursing center. List is in the bulletin.
• See Patti if interested in going to Haiti the first week in July.
Metropolitan AME Zion
Prayer at 6 p.m. and Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Mount Moriah Baptist
Food pantry is open the third Saturday of each month from 10 a.m. to noon. Proof of address and a picture ID are required. Call 377-3495.
Mount Nebo AME Zion
• First glorified modeling program for youth and adults, 5 p.m. Saturday.
• Black History Celebration, 3 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 8. The Rev. Michael Peay from Paradise AME Zion Church, Great Falls, will speak. Celebration will include old time ways of dressing in old time clothes and an old time dinner at 1:30 p.m.
New Vision Ministries
Annual women's conference, "By Divine Design," has been rescheduled for March 21-22 at The Gateway Conference Center, Richburg. Details to follow. Church is at 222 West Elliott St.
Old Wilson Baptist
Valentine's Day gala, 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 14, at the Chester War Memorial Building. Food by Sarge and Crew, festivities including chance to win gifts, including a $100 gift card. Attire is after 5 p.m. Music by DJ Jason Howie Sr. For tickets and other information, call 377-8533 or 385-5427.
• Nursing home ministry, Tuesday.
• Family Night, Wednesday.
• Men's breakfast, Saturday, Feb. 8.
• Chester Active Day Center visit, Thursday, Feb. 20.
• Church Council meeting, Thursday, Feb. 27.
• Prayer, 6:30 p.m. Monday. Bible classes, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Health checks available through Billy Murphy Foundation, 144 Center St. Call 374-4216 or 385-2878 for appointments. Lines are open for prayer. Call 581-0004.
• Children taking orders for spoonfuls of kisses for Valentine's Day. Cost is 75 cents. Money goes to trips and activities for children.
• This month's WMU project is to bring non-perishable food items for the food pantry.
• Catfish Tournament, 6 to 11 a.m. Saturday, April 12. Register now at 581-3875 or 242-5042.
Pine Grove Baptist
Intercessory prayer, 6:15 p.m. Wednesday followed by Bible study at 7 p.m.
• Purity Bells play during 11 a.m. worship Sunday. Collecting for Souper Bowl of Caring.
• Boy Scouts, 6:30 p.m. Monday.
• Tuesday Bible study, 10 a.m. Cub Scouts at 6:30 p.m.
• Wednesday night programs with meal at 6 p.m., Bible study at 6:30 p.m.
• Adult Choir, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Radical For Christ
Intercessory prayer, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Monday. Bible study, 10 to 11 a.m. Tuesday. Wednesday Bible study from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Services at 217 Columbia St. (Love Presbyterian Church). All welcome. Call Pastor Bessie B. Curbeam at 581-4709.
Red Hill Missionary Baptist (Leeds)
Black History program follows morning worship Sunday.
Rehoboth AME Zion
• Male Choir anniversary, 5 p.m. Saturday. All welcome.
• Prayer and Bible study, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Repairer of the Breach Evangelistic Ministry
Bible study, 7 p.m. Wednesday at Brooklyn Center, 331 Ashford St.
Sandy River Baptist
Women's Day program during morning worship Sunday. The Rev. Julia Hemphill will speak.
Seed of Blessings Ministry Revival Center
Revival, first and third Thursday at 7 p.m. with Evangelist A.L. Hensley. Simple gospel and prayers for sick and afflicted. All welcome. Church is at 2738 Catawba River Road, Fort Lawn. Call 370-2147.
Together As One
• Bible study for everyone with Brother John Williams, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• Valentine banquet, 6 p.m. Friday, Feb. 14. Cost is $40 per couple or $20 for singles. Steaks will be served, all welcome.
• Kids' race for titles of Valentine King and Queen goes through Wednesday, Feb. 12. Turn in all money by Feb. 12.
United Pentecostal Church
Bible study, 7:30 p.m. Fridays at the Chester YMCA. Call David Hinton at 385-6848. All welcome.
West Chester Baptist
• Men's breakfast, 8 a.m. Sunday in the fellowship building.
• Valentine's fellowship, Saturday, Feb. 15. Sign up in the vestibule.
• Business meeting after morning worship Sunday, Feb. 16.
• Revival/evangelism outreach is in the planning stages for Sunday, March 9, through Wednesday, March 12, in partnership with the State Baptist Convention and Southwestern Theological Seminary. Sunday morning and evening services will be at normal time. Services Monday through Wednesday will begin at 7 p.m. There will be a guest preacher from Southwestern Theological Seminary.
• Valentine's dinner for single and widowed ladies, Friday, Feb. 14. Transportation provided. See Shannon for details and visit www.wilksburgbaptist.com.
• Food pantry item is canned beef stew.
Word & Spirit Christian Fellowship
Sundays at 10 and 11 a.m. at 121 Mobley St. Children's Ministry for ages three to 12. Wednesday teaching services at 7:15 p.m. at 126 York St. Youth services for ages three and older. Live every Sunday at 11 a.m. at www.wordandspirit.com/media.