- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Gospel Choir anniversary, 2 p.m. Sunday. Various choirs will sing. All welcome, church is at 2679 Ashford Road.
• Book Club, 5 p.m. Sunday.
• Bible study, 2 p.m. Wednesday. Choir practice at 6:30 p.m.
• AA meetings are held at 8 p.m. Wednesdays in the fellowship hall.
• Men's breakfast, Sunday, Feb. 2.
Battered But Not Broken Ministries
Battered But Not Broken Ministry is always in need of donations. Checks may be made out to Battered But Not Broken Ministry and mailed to P.O. Box 213, Chester. The group's mission is to assist families and ex-offenders rebuild their lives in the community while re-establishing homes and helping fight drug and alcohol abuse, crime and violence. Call LeTanya Hall at 385-2290 or visit www.batteredbutnotbrokenministries.org.
• January Family Night, 5 p.m. Sunday. Men's cook-off contest complete with celebrity judges along with a church-wide covered dish supper. Call 385-3266 to enter the contest.
• Tuesday Bible study group, 11 a.m. Tuesdays on the Book of Proverbs.
• CrossRoads program, 6 p.m. Wednesdays. Covered dish meal at 6 p.m., Bible study at 6:45 p.m. and Chancel Choir practice at 7:30 p.m.
• Volunteers and church teams needed for Loaves and Fishes Cafe Soup Kitchen, which will resume from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 5. Call 385-3266 or e-mail email@example.com. The first team will be headed up by Brenda Cabrey and Bethel. Meals are free and open to anyone. Kitchen will be open each Wednesday in February and March. Contributions accepted.
Blackstock First Baptist
• Business meeting, 7 p.m. Sunday.
• Prayer Team, 6 p.m. Wednesdays. Choir practice, 5:30 p.m. Sundays.
Branded 4 Life Cowboy Church
Singing and worship, 7 to 8 p.m. Monday at 1777 Old Mill Road, Richburg. All welcome.
Calvary Baptist, Calvary Church Road
• Revival begins at 11 a.m. Sunday with Dr. Ernie Perkins from Edmonds, Okla. Sunday school prior to that at 10 a.m. Revival continues that evening at 7 p.m. and will be held at 7 p.m. nightly through Thursday, Jan. 30. Covered dish meal will be shared at 6 p.m. Wednesday prior to revival. Perkins is a graduate of Arkansas State University and Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. He is an evangelist, conference leader and stand-up comedian. Special music provided each evening.
• AWANAs for ages two through 18, 4 p.m. Sunday at the church.
• Lunch and Bible study at the Cyclone Restaurant, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday. Good News Club at COLT, 2:15 to 4 p.m.
• Bible study, 8:30 a.m. Wednesday in the Barron Room.
• Mid-week meals and activities, Wednesday. Meal at 6 p.m., Krystal Bells, groups and mid-week worship at 6:45 p.m. and Sanctuary Choir practice at 7:30 p.m.
• Men's Bible study/prayer, 7 a.m. Friday in the Barron Room.
Chester First Baptist
• Winter Bible study on Colossians, Jan. 26-29.
• Boston butt sale, Friday, Jan. 31. Cost is $25 with proceeds going to the Mission Team. Order by calling the church office.
Chester Second Baptist
• Open Door, a community youth event, will be held from 8 p.m. to midnight Friday, Jan. 31, at Church of God of Prophecy, 222 West Elliott St. Open to all middle and high school youth in Chester County. Games, food, music and a message. Call Nate Malone at 377-7149.
• Two-day conference in partnership with the Vine Institute on healing of the mind, body and spirit, 7 to 9 p.m. Friday, Jan. 31, and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 1. Instructor will be Sean Quental, author of "The King's Protocol." Topics include physical ailments, emotional trauma and spiritual bondage. Fees are $40 per person or $50 per couple (scholarships available). Register at 377-7149 by Friday, Jan. 24.
• Free four-week Redemptive Gifts class begins Sunday, Feb. 2. Sign up at www.chestersecondbaptist.com by Sunday, Jan. 26.
• Outdoor Christian Ministry's second annual Sportsman's Banquet, Saturday, Feb. 22. Tickets available soon at the church office and other locations in the community
Christian Motorcycle Association
The Warriors of Fire Rock Hill Chapter of the Christian Motorcycle Association meets at 9 a.m. the second Saturday of each month at Golden Corral in Rock Hill. For details visit www.cmausa.org.
Cool Branch Baptist
• Seniors' ugly sweater party, noon Saturday. Covered dish, dessert and drink. See sheet in the vestibule to sign up.
• Baptist men and youth in charge of service Sunday, Feb. 2. Merritt Gantt will speak.
• Family Night, Sunday, Feb. 2. Deacons' meeting at 9:30 a.m., group meetings at 5:15 p.m., meal at 5:30 p.m. (see Linda Blanchett for menu) and concert by The Johnson Family at 6:30 p.m. Love offering taken, all welcome.
• Seniors' Valentine party at home of Allen and Beth Gantt, 5 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 15. Cost is $5, supper will be steak. Sign up by Sunday, Feb. 9.
Eternal Rock Church
Prayer and Bible study, 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday. Teenage Bible class, 7 to 8 p.m. Tuesday. Refreshments served. Prayer, 9 to 11 p.m. Friday.
Faith and Love Christian Center
Afterschool program, 3 to 6 p.m. Monday-Friday. Teaching, homework help. For information on prices call Wylie Frederick at 377-8302 or Debbie Brown at 519-8734.
First Baptist of Lowrys
• Choir practice, 4:30 p.m. Sunday.
• Evening worship and youth, 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Bible study, youth and AWANAs, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Harvest Time Ministries
Time For The Truth can be heard from 9 to 10 a.m. Sundays on WRBK 90.3. Call 209-9381 or 519-9799 for details.
• Building and Grounds Committee meeting after morning worship Sunday, Feb. 2, in the social hall.
• Valentine's hamburger steak supper, 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 14. Sign up in the vestibule. Bring dessert. Entertainment, games and exchanging Valentines.
• Extraordinary Women's Conference in Greenville, March 14 and 15.
• Winter Jam for youth, Friday, March 14.
• Deacon on call for the week is Jody Wishert. Interim speaker is Coonie Wishert speaking Sunday on "Obeying God."
• Sunday school, 10 a.m. Sunday. Worship at 11 a.m. on "The Unveiling of the Book of Revelations."
• Bible study, 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Needed food pantry item is pancake mix and syrup. Last week was whatever you could bring.
• Bible study on "The Book of Mark: Service and Sacrifice," 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• Children In Action and youth meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• WMU taking up items for nursing center. List is in the bulletin.
Metropolitan AME Zion
Prayer at 6 p.m. and Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Mount Moriah Baptist
Food pantry is open the third Saturday of each month from 10 a.m. to noon. Proof of address and a picture ID are required. Call 377-3495.
New Hope UMC
West Chester Volunteer Fireman Sunday will be Jan. 26. Worship at 11:15 a.m. followed by covered dish meal.
New Vision Ministries
Annual women's conference, "By Divine Design," has been rescheduled for March 21-22 at The Gateway Conference Center, Richburg. Details to follow. Church is at 222 West Elliott St.
Old Wilson Baptist
Valentine's Day gala, 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 14, at the Chester War Memorial Building. Food by Sarge and Crew, festivities including chance to win gifts, including a $100 gift card. Attire is after 5 p.m. Music by DJ Jason Howie Sr. For tickets and other information, call 377-8533 or 385-5427.
Men's Day with the Rev. R.V. Ashley as speaker, 10:45 a.m. Sunday.
• Prayer, 6:30 p.m. Monday. Bible classes, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Health checks available through Billy Murphy Foundation, 144 Center St. Call 374-4216 or 385-2878 for appointments. Lines are open for prayer. Call 581-0004.
• Children taking orders for spoonfuls of kisses for Valentine's Day. Cost is 75 cents. Money goes to trips and activities for children.
• This month's WMU project is to bring non-perishable food items for the food pantry.
• Catfish Tournament, 6 to 11 a.m. Saturday, April 12. Register now at 581-3875 or 242-5042.
Pine Grove Baptist
Intercessory prayer, 6:15 p.m. Wednesday followed by Bible study at 7 p.m.
• Bowling, Sunday. Meet at Purity at 4 p.m. Cost is $7.50 per person.
• Boy Scouts, 6:30 p.m. Monday.
• Tuesday Bible study, 10 a.m. Cub Scouts at 6:30 p.m.
• Wednesday night programs with meal at 6 p.m., Bible study at 6:30 p.m.
• Adult Choir, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Radical For Christ
Intercessory prayer, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Monday. Bible study, 10 to 11 a.m. Tuesday. Wednesday Bible study from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Services at 217 Columbia St. (Love Presbyterian Church). All welcome. Call Pastor Bessie B. Curbeam at 581-4709.
Rehoboth AME Zion
• Male Choir anniversary, 5 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 1. All welcome.
• Prayer and Bible study, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Repairer of the Breach Evangelistic Ministry
Bible study, 7 p.m. Wednesday at Brooklyn Center, 331 Ashford St.
Sandy River Baptist
• "Run the Route 2014" during 11 a.m. worship Sunday. Dress down in your favorite team attire. Prepare for "40 Days of Triumphant" and life-changing worship.
• Women's Day, Sunday, Feb. 2. The Rev. Julia Hemphill will speak.
Seed of Blessings Ministry Revival Center
Revival, first and third Thursday at 7 p.m. with Evangelist A.L. Hensley. Simple gospel and prayers for sick and afflicted. All welcome. Church is at 2738 Catawba River Road, Fort Lawn. Call 370-2147.
Together As One
• Joy Night, Sunday.
• Bible study for everyone with Brother John Williams, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• Valentine banquet, 6 p.m. Friday, Feb. 14. Cost is $40 per couple or $20 for singles. Steaks will be served, all welcome.
• Kids' race for titles of Valentine King and Queen goes through Wednesday, Feb. 12. Turn in all money by Feb. 12.
Annual Usher Ministry program, 2 p.m. Sunday. The Rev. Clark A. Brown of Cedar Grove Baptist will speak. Church is at 211 Ligon St. All welcome.
United Pentecostal Church
Bible study, 7:30 p.m. Fridays at the Chester YMCA. Call David Hinton at 385-6848. All welcome.
Wesley Memorial UMC
UMM breakfast, 7:45 a.m. Sunday. Chester County School District Superintendent Dr. Agnes Slayman will speak.
West Chester Baptist
• Devotion at Chester Regional Nursing Center, 3 p.m. Sunday.
• Men's breakfast, 8 a.m. Sunday, Feb. 2, in the fellowship building.
• Prayer Team meets at 6 p.m. Tuesdays. All welcome.
• Revival/evangelism outreach is in the planning stages for Sunday, March 9, through Wednesday, March 12, in partnership with the State Baptist Convention and Southwestern Theological Seminary. Sunday morning and evening services will be at normal time. Services Monday through Wednesday will begin at 7 p.m. There will be a guest preacher from Southwestern Theological Seminary. Help is needed planning and inviting everyone to attend.
• Children's Movie Night, 5:30 p.m. tonight at the church.
• Business meeting follows services Sunday.
• Food pantry item is canned beef stew.
Zion Pilgrim Missionary Baptist
Jersey Day, Sunday. Everyone asked to wear favorite school, college or professional team attire during morning worship.