- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Bible study, 2 p.m. Wednesday. Choir practice at 6:30 p.m.
• AA meetings are held at 8 p.m. Wednesdays in the fellowship hall.
Battered But Not Broken Ministries
Battered But Not Broken Ministry is always in need of donations. Checks may be made out to Battered But Not Broken Ministry and mailed to P.O. Box 213, Chester. The group's mission is to assist families and ex-offenders rebuild their lives in the community while re-establishing homes and helping fight drug and alcohol abuse, crime and violence. Call LeTanya Hall at 385-2290 or visit www.batteredbutnotbrokenministries.org.
• Board of Trustees meeting, 6 p.m. Tuesday.
• Church Council meeting, 7 p.m. Thursday.
• Tuesday Bible study group, 11 a.m. Tuesdays in the Book of Job.
• CrossRoads program, 6 p.m. Wednesdays. Covered dish meal at 6 p.m., Bible study on James at 6:45 p.m. and Chancel Choir practice at 7:30 p.m.
Blackstock First Baptist
• ICMP Task Force, 4:30 p.m. Sunday.
• Trip to Chester Active Day Center, 10 a.m. Monday, Jan. 20.
• Senior adults meeting, 11 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 21. Men's Ministry at 7 p.m.
• Chester County Youth Revival planning at associational office, 7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 23.
• Business meeting, 7 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 26.
• Prayer Team, 6 p.m. Wednesdays. Choir practice, 5:30 p.m. Sundays.
Branded 4 Life Cowboy Church
Singing and worship, 7 to 8 p.m. Monday at 1777 Old Mill Road, Richburg. All welcome.
Calvary Baptist, Calvary Church Road
• AWANAs for ages two through 18, 4 p.m. Sunday at the church.
• Lunch and Bible study at the Cyclone Restaurant, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday. Good News Club at COLT, 2:15 to 4 p.m.
• Men's Day during morning worship Sunday, Jan. 19.
• Bible study, 8:30 a.m. Wednesday in the Barron Room.
• Mid-week meals and activities, Wednesday. Meal at 6 p.m., Krystal Bells, groups and mid-week worship at 6:45 p.m. and Sanctuary Choir practice at 7:30 p.m.
• Men's Bible study/prayer, 7 a.m. Friday in the Barron Room.
Chester First Baptist
• Men's work night, 5 p.m. Monday.
• Senior adult meeting and luncheon, Thursday.
• Breakfast Club, Sunday, Jan. 19.
• Palmetto Village sing-along, 3 p.m. Monday, Jan. 20.
• Winter Bible study on Colossians, Jan. 26-29.
• Boston butt sale, Friday, Jan. 31. Cost is $25 with proceeds going to the Mission Team. Order by calling the church office.
Christian Motorcycle Association
The Warriors of Fire Rock Hill Chapter of the Christian Motorcycle Association meets at 9 a.m. the second Saturday of each month at Golden Corral in Rock Hill. For details visit www.cmausa.org.
Eternal Rock Church
Prayer and Bible study, 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday. Teenage Bible class, 7 to 8 p.m. Tuesday. Refreshments served. Prayer, 9 to 11 p.m. Friday.
Faith and Love Christian Center
Afterschool program, 3 to 6 p.m. Monday-Friday. Teaching, homework help. For information on prices call Wylie Frederick at 377-8302 or Debbie Brown at 519-8734.
First Baptist of Lowrys
• Choir practice, 4:30 p.m. Sunday.
• Evening worship and youth, 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Men's breakfast, 8 a.m. Wednesday. Cost is $3.
• Bible study and AWANAs, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
First Free Will Baptist
• Happy Stitchers, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday.
• Teens For Christ, 6 p.m. Saturday.
• Ladies Auxiliary, 6 p.m. Tuesday.
Friendship Missionary Baptist
Youth Day, Sunday during morning service. The Rev. Phillip Dunifer will speak.
Harvest Time Ministries
Time For The Truth can be heard from 9 to 10 a.m. Sundays on WRBK 90.3. Call 209-9381 or 519-9799 for details.
• Deacons meeting after morning worship Sunday to plan for the new year. Anyone or any committee that needs things brought forth need to see B.J. Kennedy or one of the deacons before the meeting.
• Women of the church will meet to discuss the Extraordinary Women's Conference in Greenville set for March.
• Deacon on call for the wee is John Willie Taylor. Interim speaker is Cooney Wishert.
• Sunday school, 10 a.m. Sunday. Worship at 11 a.m. on "The Unveiling of the Book of Revelations."
• Bible study, 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Needed food pantry item is canned vegetables. Last week was toilet paper, paper towels, etc.
• All Sunday night services are changed to 6 p.m.
• Bible study on "The Book of Mark: Service and Sacrifice," 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• Children In Action and youth meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• WMU taking up items for nursing center. List is in the bulletin.
Metropolitan AME Zion
Prayer at 6 p.m. and Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Mount Moriah Baptist
Food pantry is open the third Saturday of each month from 10 a.m. to noon. Proof of address and a picture ID are required. Call 377-3495.
New Hope UMC
• Council on Ministries meeting, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the fellowship hall.
• Administrative Board meeting, 7 p.m. Wednesday in the fellowship hall.
• West Chester Volunteer Fireman Sunday will be Jan. 26. Worship at 11:15 a.m. followed by covered dish meal.
New Vision Ministries
Annual women's conference, "By Divine Design," has been rescheduled for March 21-22 at The Gateway Conference Center, Richburg. Details to follow. Church is at 222 West Elliott St.
• Bible study on Book of Colossians, 5 p.m. Sunday.
• Service at Chester Active Day Center, 10 a.m. Thursday.
• Associational men's meeting, Tuesday, Jan. 21.
• Men's Day with the Rev. R.V. Ashley as speaker, 10:45 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 26.
• Prayer, 6:30 p.m. Monday. Bible classes, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Health checks available through Billy Murphy Foundation, 144 Center St. Call 374-4216 or 385-2878 for appointments. Lines are open for prayer. Call 581-0004.
Non-perishable items needed for food bank.
Pine Grove Baptist
Intercessory prayer, 6:15 p.m. Wednesday followed by Bible study at 7 p.m.
• Elder installation during 11 a.m. worship Sunday.
• Handbell rehearsal, 6:15 p.m. Sunday.
• Boy Scouts, 6:30 p.m. Monday.
• Tuesday Bible study, 10 a.m. Cub Scouts at 6:30 p.m.
• Wednesday night programs with meal at 6 p.m., Bible study at 6:30 p.m.
• Adult Choir, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Radical For Christ
Intercessory prayer, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Monday. Bible study, 10 to 11 a.m. Tuesday. Wednesday Bible study from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Services at 217 Columbia St. (Love Presbyterian Church). All welcome. Call Pastor Bessie B. Curbeam at 581-4709.
Rehoboth AME Zion
Prayer and Bible study, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Repairer of the Breach Evangelistic Ministry
Bible study, 7 p.m. Wednesday at Brooklyn Center, 331 Ashford St.
Sandy River Baptist Association (LD)
• Annual prayer breakfast, 8 a.m. Saturday at Big Calvary Baptist, 4134-A Edgeland Road, Edgemoor. All Christian educators and workers invited.
• Meeting at 6 p.m. Monday at Calvary Baptist Church. All youth directors, advisors and leaders of each church asked to attend.
Seed of Blessings Ministry Revival Center
Revival, first and third Thursday at 7 p.m. with Evangelist A.L. Hensley. Simple gospel and prayers for sick and afflicted. All welcome. Church is at 2738 Catawba River Road, Fort Lawn. Call 370-2147.
St. Mark's Episcopal
Sunny Side Up free breakfast for children, 8 to 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 18. Parents or guardians must accompany children. The healthy gourmet-style breakfast will model proper etiquette and service. E-mail to email@example.com or call 379-1683 to register. Church is at 132 Center St.
Together As One
• Communion and foot washing service, 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Bible study, 7 p.m. Wednesday with Brother John Williams.
• Joy Night, Sunday, Jan. 26.
True Gospel Church of God in Christ
Youth Extravaganza of Praise, 6 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 18. Church is at 552 Ashford Road.
Annual Usher Ministry program, 2 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 26. The Rev. Clark A. Brown of Cedar Grove Baptist will speak. Church is at 211 Ligon St. All welcome.
United Pentecostal Church
Bible study, 7:30 p.m. Fridays at the Chester YMCA. Call David Hinton at 385-6848. All welcome.
West Chester Baptist
• See Kathy Wyatt for the next Feed My Sheep Ministry delivery and to find out how to participate.
• Prayer Team meets at 6 p.m. Tuesdays. All welcome.
• Revival/evangelism outreach is in the planning stages for March 9-12 in partnership with the State Baptist Convention and Southwestern Theological Seminary. Details to follow.
• Food pantry item is canned beef stew.
• Fun Timers going to lunch at Grumpy Brothers Grill and Bakery in Rock Hill, 11 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 21. Sign up to go.
Zion Pilgrim Missionary Baptist
Annual missionary program, 2 p.m. Sunday. Speaker will be the Rev. Julia Hemphill. Theme: "Am I Seeking To Serve Or Be Served?"