- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Annual Brotherhood program, 2 p.m. Sunday. Everyone invited to fellowship with various choirs and guest speaker the Rev. William Bryson of Second Wilson Baptist Church.
• Book Club, 5 p.m. Sunday.
• Bible study, 2 p.m. Wednesday. Choir practice at 6:30 p.m.
• AA meetings are held at 8 p.m. Wednesdays in the fellowship hall.
Battered But Not Broken Ministries
Battered But Not Broken Ministry is always in need of donations. Checks may be made out to Battered But Not Broken Ministry and mailed to P.O. Box 213, Chester. The group's mission is to assist families and ex-offenders rebuild their lives in the community while re-establishing homes and helping fight drug and alcohol abuse, crime and violence. Call LeTanya Hall at 385-2290 or visit www.batteredbutnotbrokenministries.org.
Men's Day/Black History program, 2 p.m. Sunday. Guest speaker will be Willie Graham, deacon at Sandy River Baptist and teacher at DeVry University in Charlotte and Clinton College in Rock Hill.
• Valentine Family Night, 5 p.m. Sunday. UMYF in charge of festivities. Catered meal, tribute to couples married 50 years or more. Those couples should call 385-3266.
• Tuesday Bible study group, 11 a.m. Tuesdays on the Book of Proverbs.
• CrossRoads program, 6 p.m. Wednesdays. Covered dish meal at 6 p.m., Bible study at 6:45 p.m. and Chancel Choir practice at 7:30 p.m.
• Volunteers and church teams needed for Loaves and Fishes Community Soup Kitchen, which will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays. Menu for Wednesday, Feb. 12, is homemade chicken noodle soup, crackers, fruit cocktail, dessert and drink. Call 385-3266 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Meals are free and open to anyone. Kitchen will be open each Wednesday in February and March. Contributions accepted.
Blackstock First Baptist
Prayer Team, 6 p.m. Wednesdays. Choir practice, 5:30 p.m. Sundays.
Branded 4 Life Cowboy Church
Singing and worship, 7 to 8 p.m. Monday at 1777 Old Mill Road, Richburg. All welcome.
Calvary Baptist, Calvary Church Road
• Children's Valentine's party, noon to 2 p.m. Saturday.
• AWANAs for ages two through 18, 4 p.m. Sunday at the church.
• Lunch and Bible study at the Cyclone Restaurant, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday. Good News Club at COLT, 2:30 to 4 p.m.
• Fellowship meal, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday. Prayer, devotions and children's program, 7 p.m. Adult Choir practice at 7:30 p.m.
• Worship at Chester Active Day Care, 10 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 13.
• Adult Valentine supper with entertainment, 5 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 15. Sign up if planning to attend.
• Bible study, 8:30 a.m. Wednesday in the Barron Room.
• Mid-week meals and activities, Wednesday. Meal at 6 p.m., Krystal Bells, groups and mid-week worship at 6:45 p.m. and Sanctuary Choir practice at 7:30 p.m.
• Men's Bible study/prayer, 7 a.m. Friday in the Barron Room.
Chester Second Baptist (Chester Freedom Ministries)
Outdoor Christian Ministry's second annual Sportsman's Banquet, Saturday, Feb. 22. Tickets available soon at the church office and other locations in the community
Christian Motorcycle Association
The Warriors of Fire Rock Hill Chapter of the Christian Motorcycle Association meets at 9 a.m. the second Saturday of each month at Golden Corral in Rock Hill. For details visit www.cmausa.org.
Cool Branch Baptist
Seniors' Valentine party at home of Allen and Beth Gantt, 5 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 15. Cost is $5, supper will be steak. Sign up by Sunday.
Countywide Youth Revival
Countywide Youth Revival, May 2-4. Tentative location is Lewisville High School. This is not a Baptist event and all churches welcome to help. Speakers will be Carl Martin, who played for the 1981 Clemson Tigers championship football team; Todd Davis, who played for the S.C. Gamecocks; and The Strength Team, made up of former professional athletes. The event will feature live music and free food every night. Inflatables for children, fun for all. For details e-mail email@example.com.
Eternal Rock Church
• Prayer and Bible study, 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday. Teenage Bible class, 7 to 8 p.m. Tuesday. Refreshments served. Prayer, 9 to 11 p.m. Friday.
• All women in leadership, pastors, first ladies and ministers asked to come from 11 a.m. to noon every Saturday for prayer.
• Spring Bazaar, 8 a.m. Saturday with breakfast biscuits, hot dogs and baked goods. First pot of chicken stew will be ready around 9:30 a.m. Church is at corner of S.C. Highway 200 and Nickey Road in the Mitford community of Great Falls.
• Ken Turner, former bass singer for the Blackwood Brothers Quartet, will perform at Evangel Temple Assembly of God, 22 Nickey Road, Great Falls, during morning worship Sunday. Turner has five Grammy Awards, 10 Dove Awards and is a member of the Gospel Music Hall of Fame.
Faith and Love Christian Center
Afterschool program, 3 to 6 p.m. Monday-Friday. Teaching, homework help. For information on prices call Wylie Frederick at 377-8302 or Debbie Brown at 519-8734.
First Baptist of Lowrys
• Men's breakfast, 8:30 a.m. Sunday. Cost is $3 per plate, all invited.
• Choir practice, 4:30 p.m. Sunday.
• Evening worship and youth, 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Bible study, youth and AWANAs, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• Youth and AWANA Valentine pizza supper, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
First Church of the Nazarene
• Men's Day at West Columbia, "Heart of a Warrior," 10 a.m. to noon Saturday. Leaving church at 8:45 a.m., cost is $5.
• Sunday school and Discipleship Ministries directors' meeting, 5 p.m. Sunday in the conference room. Let Todd Love know if not attending.
• King's Kids, youth and adult study on the life of David, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• Children's talent show, Saturday, Feb. 15, at Columbia First Church of the Nazarene. See Steve or Linda Fairfax for talent forms.
• Food item for February for Community Food Pantry is canned vegetables.
• Marriage enrichment weekend, "Keep The Fire Burning," Feb. 21 and 22 at D. Moody Gunter Camp and Retreat Center. Cost is $100 per couple for one night's lodging, Friday dinner and Saturday breakfast and lunch. Four sessions include fun and romance, communication, conflict resolution, and a marriage panel for questions and answers. Marriage resource book included.
• February is month for Alabaster Offering, it will be received Sunday, Feb. 23.
First Free Will Baptist
• Happy Stitchers, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday.
• Teens meet at 6 p.m. Saturday.
Friendship Missionary Baptist
Youth Day during morning worship Sunday. Albert Suber will speak.
Chinese auction to benefit Relay For Life, Saturday, March 8. Ticket drop off time 10 a.m. to noon, 25 tickets for $5. Buy four packs get one free. Auction starts promptly at noon, no tickets dropped after that time. All proceeds to Relay For Life. Call Emma Bell at 581-5105, Levada Feaster at 385-5062 or the church at 385-3094.
Harvest Time Ministries
Time For The Truth can be heard from 9 to 10 a.m. Sundays on WRBK 90.3. Call 209-9381 or 519-9799 for details.
• Valentine's hamburger steak supper, 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 14. Sign up by Sunday. Bring dessert. Entertainment, games and exchanging Valentines.
• Leeds Baptist Church is on Facebook. The website is www.leedsbaptist.org.
• Interim speaker is Cooney Wishert and deacon on call for the week is Terry Rawls.
• Sunday school, 10 a.m. Sunday. Worship at 11 a.m.
• Choir practice and Children's Choir practice, 5:45 p.m. Sunday.
• Bible study, 6 p.m. Sunday.
• "The Gospel of Mark: Service and Sacrifice," 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• Needed food pantry item is cereal. Last week was your choice.
• Service on Sunday, Feb. 16, will feature the WMU.
• See Patti if interested in going to Haiti the first week in July.
Metropolitan AME Zion
Prayer at 6 p.m. and Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Mount Moriah Baptist
Food pantry is open the third Saturday of each month from 10 a.m. to noon. Proof of address and a picture ID are required. Call 377-3495.
Mount Nebo AME Zion
Black History Celebration, 3 p.m. Sunday. The Rev. Michael Peay from Paradise AME Zion Church, Great Falls, will speak. Celebration will include dressing in old time clothes and an old time dinner at 1:30 p.m.
Mount Olive Baptist, Fairfield
One-day revival, 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 16. The Rev. Goode of Cedar Rock Baptist will speak.
New Vision Ministries
Annual women's conference, "By Divine Design," has been rescheduled for March 21-22 at The Gateway Conference Center, Richburg. Details to follow. Church is at 222 West Elliott St.
Old Wilson Baptist
Valentine's Day gala, 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 14, at the Chester War Memorial Building. Food by Sarge and Crew, festivities including chance to win gifts, including a $100 gift card. Attire is after 5 p.m. Music by DJ Jason Howie Sr. For tickets and other information, call 377-8533 or 385-5427.
• Men's breakfast, Saturday.
• Chester Active Day Center visit, Thursday, Feb. 20.
• Church Council meeting, Thursday, Feb. 27.
• Prayer, 6:30 p.m. Monday. Bible classes, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Health checks available through Billy Murphy Foundation, 144 Center St. Call 374-4216 or 385-2878 for appointments. Lines are open for prayer. Call 581-0004.
• Children taking orders for spoonfuls of kisses for Valentine's Day. Cost is 75 cents. Money goes to trips and activities for children.
• This month's WMU project is to bring non-perishable food items for the food pantry.
• Catfish Tournament, 6 to 11 a.m. Saturday, April 12. Register now at 581-3875 or 242-5042.
Pine Grove Baptist
Intercessory prayer, 6:15 p.m. Wednesday followed by Bible study at 7 p.m.
• Scout Sunday during 11 a.m. worship Sunday.
• Handbell rehearsal, 5:45 p.m. Sunday.
• Boy Scouts, 6:30 p.m. Monday.
• Tuesday Bible study, 10 a.m. Cub Scouts at 6:30 p.m.
• Wednesday night programs with meal at 6 p.m., Bible study at 6:30 p.m.
• Adult Choir, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Radical For Christ
Intercessory prayer, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Monday. Bible study, 10 to 11 a.m. Tuesday. Wednesday Bible study from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Services at 217 Columbia St. (Love Presbyterian Church). All welcome. Call Pastor Bessie B. Curbeam at 581-4709.
Rehoboth AME Zion
Prayer and Bible study, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Repairer of the Breach Evangelistic Ministry
Bible study, 7 p.m. Wednesday at Brooklyn Center, 331 Ashford St.
Sandy River Baptist Association (LD)
Women's Auxiliary workshop on the Affordable Care Act, 10 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 22, at Mount Moriah Baptist Church, 789 Meadowbrook Road, Chester. Other topics discussed as well. All invited. Call Mary McClurkin at 581-8782.
Seed of Blessings Ministry Revival Center
Revival, first and third Thursday at 7 p.m. with Evangelist A.L. Hensley. Simple gospel and prayers for sick and afflicted. All welcome. Church is at 2738 Catawba River Road, Fort Lawn. Call 370-2147.
Together As One
• Bible study for everyone with Brother John Williams, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• Kids' race for titles of Valentine King and Queen goes through Wednesday. Turn in all money by then.
• Valentine banquet, 6 p.m. Friday, Feb. 14. Cost is $40 per couple or $20 for singles. Steaks will be served, all welcome.
• Joy Night, Sunday, Feb. 23.
United Pentecostal Church
Bible study, 7:30 p.m. Fridays at the Chester YMCA. Call David Hinton at 385-6848. All welcome.
Wesley Memorial UMC
United Methodist Men meeting, 7:45 a.m. Sunday, Feb. 23. Chris Huskey, director of the Chester YMCA, will speak.
West Chester Baptist
• Valentine's fellowship, Saturday, Feb. 15. Sign up in the vestibule.
• Business meeting after morning worship Sunday, Feb. 16.
• Revival/evangelism outreach is in the planning stages for Sunday, March 9, through Wednesday, March 12, in partnership with the State Baptist Convention and Southwestern Theological Seminary. Sunday morning and evening services will be at normal time. Services Monday through Wednesday will begin at 7 p.m. There will be a guest preacher from Southwestern Theological Seminary.
• Youth to Cook-Out in Rock Hill then bowling, tonight. Van leaves at 5:30 p.m.
• Deacons' meeting follows Sunday night service.
• Valentine's dinner for single and widowed ladies, Friday, Feb. 14. Transportation provided. See Shannon for details and visit www.wilksburgbaptist.com.
• Food pantry item is grits.
Word & Spirit Christian Fellowship
Sundays at 10 and 11 a.m. at 121 Mobley St. Children's Ministry for ages three to 12. Wednesday teaching services at 7:15 p.m. at 126 York St. Youth services for ages three and older. Live every Sunday at 11 a.m. at www.wordandspirit.com/media.