- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Book Club, 5 p.m. Sunday.
• Bible study, 2 p.m. Wednesday. Choir practice at 6:30 p.m.
• AA meetings are held at 8 p.m. Wednesdays in the fellowship hall.
Battered But Not Broken Ministries
Battered But Not Broken Ministry is always in need of donations. Checks may be made out to Battered But Not Broken Ministry and mailed to P.O. Box 213, Chester. The group's mission is to assist families and ex-offenders rebuild their lives in the community while re-establishing homes and helping fight drug and alcohol abuse, crime and violence. Call LeTanya Hall at 385-2290 or visit www.batteredbutnotbrokenministries.org.
• Tuesday Bible study group, 11 a.m. Tuesdays on the Book of Proverbs.
• CrossRoads program, 6 p.m. Wednesdays. Covered dish meal at 6 p.m., Bible study at 6:45 p.m. and Chancel Choir practice at 7:30 p.m.
• Volunteers and church teams needed for Loaves and Fishes Community Soup Kitchen, which will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 385-3266 or e-mail email@example.com. Meals are free and open to anyone. Kitchen will be open each Wednesday in February and March.
Black Rock Baptist
• Old Fashioned Day during morning worship Sunday. Old-fashioned meal served afterward. Pastor Kennedy F. Threatt Sr. will speak. All invited.
• Brotherhood/Men's Day program, 2 p.m. Sunday, March 2.
• Sons of Black Rock reunion celebrating past and present sons, Sunday, March 16 during services. Sunday school at 9 a.m., worship at 10 a.m. All welcome.
Blackstock First Baptist
• Chester County Youth Revival planning meet at associational office, 7 p.m. Thursday.
• Prayer Team, 6 p.m. Wednesdays. Choir practice, 5:30 p.m. Sundays.
Branded 4 Life Cowboy Church
Singing and worship, 7 to 8 p.m. Monday at 1777 Old Mill Road, Richburg. All welcome.
Browns Chapel AME Zion
Chester County Election and Registration Committee will hold a S.C. photo I.D. seminar with pictures taken at 11 a.m. Sunday, March 2. Workshop explaining the Affordable Care Act (Obama Care) held simultaneously following morning worship. All welcome. Church is at 728 Charity Road, Lowrys.
Calvary Baptist, Calvary Church Road
• Logan Smith of Covington, Ga., who has been featured on the Gaither Video Series, will sing at 6:15 p.m. Saturday at Calvary. A hamburger supper will be at 5 p.m. Smith is best know for his tributes to the late Vestal Goodman, who sang for the Lord for over 50 years. All invited, love offering taken.
• Practice for Easter drama, 3 p.m. Sunday in the fellowship hall.
• AWANAs for ages two through 18, 4 p.m. Sunday at the church.
• Lunch and Bible study at the Cyclone Restaurant, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday. Good News Club at COLT, 2:15 to 4 p.m.
• Fellowship meal, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday. Prayer and devotions at 7 p.m. followed by Adult Choir practice at 7:30 p.m.
• Worship at Chester Active Day Center, 10 a.m. Thursday.
Capers Chapel UMC
Council on Ministries meeting, 6 p.m. Tuesday, March 4, followed by Administrative Board at 7 p.m.
• Bible study/breakfast, 8:30 a.m. Wednesday in the Barron Room.
• Mid-week meals and activities, Wednesday. Meal at 6 p.m., Krystal Bells, groups and mid-week worship at 6:45 p.m. and Sanctuary Choir practice at 7:30 p.m.
• Men's Bible study/prayer, 7 a.m. Friday in the Barron Room.
• High school retreat, March 7-9. Middle school retreat, March 28-30. Both at Bonclarken.
Chester First Baptist
• Luncheon for new members follows worship Sunday.
• Spaghetti dinner fundraiser with entertainment, 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 28. Tickets are $8 for adults and youth, $5 for children.
• Mission Team meeting, 6:30 p.m. Sunday, March 2.
Chester Second Baptist (Chester Freedom Ministries)
Outdoor Christian Ministry's second annual Sportsman's Banquet, Saturday. Tickets available soon at the church office and other locations in the community
Christian Motorcycle Association
The Warriors of Fire Rock Hill Chapter of the Christian Motorcycle Association meets at 9 a.m. the second Saturday of each month at Golden Corral in Rock Hill. For details visit www.cmausa.org.
Countywide Youth Revival
Countywide Youth Revival, May 2-4. Tentative location is Lewisville High School. This is not a Baptist event and all churches welcome to help. Speakers will be Carl Martin, who played for the 1981 Clemson Tigers championship football team; Todd Davis, who played for the S.C. Gamecocks; and The Strength Team, made up of former professional athletes. The event will feature live music and free food every night. Inflatables for children, fun for all. For details e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eternal Rock Church
• Prayer and Bible study, 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday. Teenage Bible class, 7 to 8 p.m. Tuesday. Refreshments served. Prayer, 9 to 11 p.m. Friday.
• All women in leadership, pastors, first ladies and ministers asked to come from 11 a.m. to noon every Saturday for prayer.
Faith and Love Christian Center
Afterschool program, 3 to 6 p.m. Monday-Friday. Teaching, homework help. For information on prices call Wylie Frederick at 377-8302 or Debbie Brown at 519-8734.
First Baptist of Lowrys
• Choir practice, 4:30 p.m. Sunday.
• Evening worship and youth, 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Bible study, youth and AWANAs, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
First Church of the Nazarene
• Food item for February for Community Food Pantry is canned vegetables.
• Marriage enrichment weekend, "Keep The Fire Burning," Feb. 21 and 22 at D. Moody Gunter Camp and Retreat Center. Cost is $100 per couple. Four sessions include fun and romance, communication, conflict resolution, and a marriage panel for questions and answers. Marriage resource book included.
• February is month for Alabaster Offering, it will be received Sunday.
First Free Will Baptist
• Turkey dinner after church Sunday. Costs are $8 for adults, $3 for children.
• Items needed in March are Dawn dish detergent, dish towels, dish cloths, pot holders and disposable salt and pepper shakers.
Chinese auction to benefit Relay For Life, Saturday, March 8. Ticket drop off time 10 a.m. to noon, 25 tickets for $5. Buy four packs get one free. Auction starts promptly at noon, no tickets dropped after that time. All proceeds to Relay For Life. Call Emma Bell at 581-5105, Levada Feaster at 385-5062 or the church at 385-3094.
Harvest Time Ministries
Time For The Truth can be heard from 9 to 10 a.m. Sundays on WRBK 90.3. Call 209-9381 or 519-9799 for details.
• Deacons and committee chairpersons meeting, 6:30 p.m. Monday at the Cyclone Restaurant.
• Children's Church volunteer leaders are needed.
• Deacon on call is Jody Wishert. Interim speaker is Cooney Wishert.
• Leeds Baptist Church is on Facebook. The website is www.leedsbaptist.org.
• Sunday school, 10 a.m. Sunday. Worship at 11 a.m.
• Bible study, 6 p.m. Sunday.
• "The Gospel of Mark: Service and Sacrifice," 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• Children In Action and youth meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• Needed food pantry item is coffee. Last week was canned potatoes.
• See Patti if interested in going to Haiti the first week in July.
• Disaster relief training is coming up, see Dayle Williford.
Metropolitan AME Zion
Prayer at 6 p.m. and Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Mount Moriah Baptist
• Church anniversary celebration, 2:30 p.m. Sunday. Pastor Otha Smith of Browns Chapel AME Zion will speak.
• Food pantry is open the third Saturday of each month from 10 a.m. to noon. Proof of address and a picture ID are required. Call 377-3495.
Mount Prospect UMC
The combined United Methodist Men of both Mount Prospect UMC in Richburg and Ebenezer UMC in Great Falls will host a Valentine's dinner/dance for both churches on Friday, Feb. 21, at Mount Prospect. Meal will be served at 5:30 p.m.
New Birth Church
Ordination ceremony for Samuel L. Kelly III, 3 p.m. Sunday at New Birth Church, 2525 Heritage Road, Great Falls. The ceremony will be officiated by Dr. Starlin Campbell, the presiding bishop and the senior pastor. Everyone welcome.
New Vision Ministries
Annual women's conference, "By Divine Design," has been rescheduled for March 21-22 at The Gateway Conference Center, Richburg. Details to follow. Church is at 222 West Elliott St.
New Zion Baptist
Gospel Choir 51st anniversary celebration, 2 p.m. Sunday, March 2. All choirs welcome.
Old Wilson Baptist
Valentine's Day Gala rescheduled for 7 to 11 p.m. Friday, Feb. 28, at the War Memorial Building. All ticket holders may use the tickets they bought previously. Event includes a meal catered by Sarge and Crew, music by D.J. Jason Howie, games and door prizes. For tickets call 377-8533 or 385-5427.
• Church Council meeting, Thursday.
• Revival, 7 p.m. nightly March 9-12 with Ryan McMillan of Dallas, Texas. Special music each service.
• Black History celebration, 4 p.m. Sunday. Dinner to follow.
• Kids Corner on Matthew 6, The Lord's Prayer, now through April.
• Old newspapers needed, donate to the church to be used for children's activities.
• Prayer, 6:30 p.m. Monday. Bible classes, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Health checks available through Billy Murphy Foundation, 144 Center St. Call 374-4216 or 385-2878 for appointments. Lines are open for prayer. Call 581-0004.
Paradise AME Zion
• Women's Day kick-off during morning worship Sunday. March is Women's Month and in observance, Pastor/First Lady Camille Peay will speak Sunday.
• Black History Month celebration, Sunday. Dress in African or old time attire.
• Ladies Night Out/Pajama Party, 6:30 p.m. Friday, March 14, at a location to be announced. Tickets are $10 each and can be bought from any member.
• Women's Day program, 2:30 p.m. Sunday, March 23. The Rev. Angela Boyd of Metropolitan AME Zion will speak. Theme: "Every Praise To Our God." Attire is white. All invited.
• This month's WMU project is to bring non-perishable food items for the food pantry.
• Catfish Tournament, 6 to 11 a.m. Saturday, April 12. Register now at 581-3875 or 242-5042.
Pine Grove Baptist
Intercessory prayer, 6:15 p.m. Wednesday followed by Bible study at 7 p.m.
• Communion during 11 a.m. worship Sunday.
• Handbell rehearsal, 5:45 p.m. Sunday.
• Boy Scouts, 6:30 p.m. Monday.
• Leaving at 9 a.m. Tuesday to see "Jerusalem: The Movie" at IMAX.
• Cub Scouts, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.
• Wednesday night programs with meal at 6 p.m., Bible study at 6:30 p.m. Lent prayer study.
• Adult Choir, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Ski trip, Friday-Sunday.
Radical For Christ
Intercessory prayer, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Monday. Bible study, 10 to 11 a.m. Tuesday. Wednesday Bible study from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Services at 217 Columbia St. (Love Presbyterian Church). All welcome. Call Pastor Bessie B. Curbeam at 581-4709.
Red Hill Missionary Baptist, Leeds
• Men's Choir anniversary celebration, 5 p.m Saturday, March 1. Various choirs will sing.
• Family and Friends Day, 2 p.m. Sunday, March 2. All family, friends and former members invited. Pastor Heyward Boyd of Fairview AME Zion will be the guest speaker.
Rehoboth AME Zion
• South Carolina Conference Lay Day Program, 5 p.m. Sunday, March 2, at New Olivet AME Zion. The Rev. Dr. Dwayne Walker of Little Rock AME Zion will speak.
• Prayer and Bible study, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Repairer of the Breach Evangelistic Ministry
Bible study, 7 p.m. Wednesday at Brooklyn Center, 331 Ashford St.
Sandy River Baptist Association (LD)
Women's Auxiliary workshop on the Affordable Care Act, 10 a.m. Saturday at Mount Moriah Baptist Church, 789 Meadowbrook Road, Chester. Other topics discussed as well. All invited. Call Mary McClurkin at 581-8782.
Seed of Blessings Ministry Revival Center
Revival, first and third Thursday at 7 p.m. with Evangelist A.L. Hensley. Simple gospel and prayers for sick and afflicted. All welcome. Church is at 2738 Catawba River Road, Fort Lawn. Call 370-2147.
St. Paul Halsellville Baptist
Fiftieth Hymn Choir anniversary celebration, 2 p.m. Sunday. The Rev. Edward Brown of New Fundamental Church, Rock Hill, will speak. All welcome. Church is at 2344 West End Road.
Temple of Praise
Spring revival, 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, March 8 and 9. Pastor Herbert Crump Jr. and Freedom Temple Church will speak Saturday, March 8 and Pastor Maurice Revell and The Well at Agape International Ministries will speak Sunday, March 9. All welcome. Church is at 112 Hudson St. Call 385-3821.
Together As One
• Joy Night, 6 p.m. Sunday. Bayliss Adimaro will speak.
• Bible study for everyone with Brother John Williams, 6 p.m. Wednesday. Church is at 534 Bratton St.
Union Ezell AME Zion
Chinese auction, Friday, March 7, at American Legion in Lancaster. Doors at 4 p.m., auction at 7 p.m. Variety of prizes, 50/50 drawing. Call Willie Day at 803-872-4811.
United Pentecostal Church
Bible study at 7:30 p.m. Friday canceled due to surgery. Bible study resumes at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 28, at the Chester YMCA. Call David Hinton at 385-6848. All welcome.
Wesley Memorial UMC
United Methodist Men meeting, 7:45 a.m. Sunday. Chris Huskey, director of the YMCA, will speak.
West Chester Baptist
Revival/evangelism outreach is in the planning stages for Sunday, March 9, through Wednesday, March 12, in partnership with the State Baptist Convention and Southwestern Theological Seminary. Sunday morning and evening services will be at normal time. Services Monday through Wednesday will begin at 7 p.m. There will be a guest preacher from Southwestern Theological Seminary.
• Valentine's dinner rescheduled for 6 p.m. tonight.
• Revival, March 9-12.
Word & Spirit Christian Fellowship
Sundays at 10 and 11 a.m. at 121 Mobley St. Children's Ministry for ages three to 12. Wednesday teaching services at 7:15 p.m. at 126 York St. Youth services for ages three and older. Live every Sunday at 11 a.m. at www.wordandspirit.com/media.
Zion Pilgrim Missionary Baptist
• Culmination of Black History Month with the Rev. W.T. "Dub" Massey, one of the Friendship Nine, at 10 a.m. Sunday. "Taste and See" dinner follows in the fellowship hall.
• Sixth pastoral anniversary celebration for Pastor Donnie D. Dye, 10 a.m. Sunday, March 9.
• Award-winning North Carolina A&T Fellowship Gospel Choir performs at 4 p.m. Sunday, March 9. Church is at 3030 Pinckney Road, Chester. All welcome. Call 581-8303.
• Men's Day during 10 a.m. worship Sunday, March 16.