- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Hudson reunion, 1 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 8.
• Bible study, 2 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 18.
• AA meetings are held at 8 p.m. Wednesdays in the fellowship hall.
Battered But Not Broken Ministries
• On the first Saturday of each month from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Battered But Not Broken will hold Let's Talk Chester County at 564 York Road. Parents and guardians are invited to discuss events going on in the schools, such as bullying and more.
• Battered But Not Broken Ministry is always in need of donations. Checks may be made out to Battered But Not Broken Ministry and mailed to P.O. Box 213, Chester. The group's mission is to assist families and ex-offenders rebuild their lives in the community while re-establishing homes and helping fight drug and alcohol abuse, crime and violence. Call LeTanya Hall at 385-2290 or visit www.batteredbutnotbrokenministries.org.
• Tuesday Morning Bible Study Group resumes meeting Tuesday.
• CrossRoads program resumes Wednesday. Covered dish meal at 6 p.m., Bible study at 6:45 p.m.
• Trash and Treasure sale set for Sept. 7 has been postponed, new date to be announced. Donations still being accepted.
• Epworth Children's Home work day offering taken Sunday, Sept. 8.
Branded 4 Life Cowboy Church
Singing and worship, 7 to 8 p.m. Monday at 1777 Old Mill Road, Richburg. All welcome.
Brooklyn Williamsville AME Zion
• Homecoming, Sunday, Sept. 8. Morning service at 11 a.m., afternoon service at 2:30 p.m. The Rev. Larry Dixon of Long Branch Baptist, Grover, will speak.
• Revival, 7 p.m. nightly Sept. 9-11. The Rev. Kenneth Bell of Mount Sinai Baptist, Blacksburg, speaks Monday, Sept. 9; and the Rev. James F. Williams of Christian Home Baptist, Lowrys, speaks Tuesday and Wednesday, Sept. 10 and 11. All welcome.
Calvary Baptist, Calvary Church Road
• Bible study will not be held this Tuesday.
• Fellowship meal, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday followed by devotions, prayer and Children's Choir practice at 7 p.m. Adult Choir practice at 7:30 p.m.
• AWANAs start back for ages two through high school seniors at 4 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 8.
• Celebration of 175th anniversary and homecoming, Sunday, Sept. 22. For that Sunday only, service starts at 10 a.m. with a brief break at 11 a.m. No Sunday school. Service will include a memorial service. Free catered meal, so those planning to attend should RSVP to Linda Carter at 581-3962 or 3131 West Chester School Road, Chester.
Cedar Rock Baptist
Revival, Sunday through Thursday. Sunday school at 10:30 a.m., worship at 11:30 a.m. with the Rev. James Good on Sunday. After morning service the Rev. Donnie Dye speaks. The Rev. Hower Cureton speaks at 6 p.m. Services Monday through Thursday start at 7 p.m. with the Rev. Cureton.
• Volunteers and crafters needed for new Christmas season Chrismons, 10 a.m. Wednesdays. Call Ed and Jan Mauney at 377-4514 or Larry and Anna Whitesides at 803-222-7424.
• Mid-week meals and activities, Wednesday. Meal at 6 p.m., children/youth activities and mid-week worship at 6:45 p.m. and Sanctuary Choir rehearsal at 7:30 p.m.
• Men's Bible study/prayer, 7 a.m. Friday in the Barron Room.
Chester First Baptist
• Palmetto Village sing-alongs, Mondays, Sept. 2 and 16.
• Men's breakfast, Sunday, Sept. 15.
• Senior adult luncheon, Thursday, Sept. 19.
Chester Second Baptist
EXALT for middle school and high school students, 7 p.m. Wednesday in the auditorium. Games, music, skits and videos.
Chestnut Grove AME Zion
Chinese auction, Saturday, Sept. 7. Tickets drop at 10:30 a.m., auction at noon. Sponsored by Women After God's Own Heart Committee. Cost is $5 for 26 tickets. See any church member for tickets.
Christian Motorcycle Association
The Warriors of Fire Rock Hill Chapter of the Christian Motorcycle Association meets at 9 a.m. the second Saturday of each month at Golden Corral in Rock Hill. For details visit www.cmausa.org.
Eternal Rock Church
Prayer and Bible study, 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday. Teenage Bible class, 7 to 8 p.m. Tuesday. Refreshments served. Prayer, 9 to 11 p.m. Friday.
First Baptist of Lowrys
• Third annual Lowrys Sportsman Lowdown, 5 p.m. Friday, Sept. 6. Guest speaker will be Chris Wells, internationally-known evangelist and chaplain of Christian Anglers Bassmaster Elite Series. Bluegrass and gospel music by Chappell Road. Must be present to win door prizes including firearms, fishing trips, deer hunts, duck hunts, kids prizes and more. Kids activities include archery, air rifles and horse rides. Free barbecue dinner at 5 p.m. until gone.
• Men's breakfast, 8 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 8. Plates are $3. All invited.
• SYAH Team to the mountains, 7 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 10.
• AWANAs kick-off, 7 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 11.
• Heritage Boys in concert, Saturday, Sept. 14.
• Sunday school teachers' banquet, 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 19.
Fountain of Life Church of God
• National Grandparents Day observed during morning service Sunday, Sept. 8.
• Final women's Bible study, 10 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 10.
• J.O.Y. Ministry, Thursday, Sept. 19.
• Nursing home ministry, 2 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 24.
• Fifth Sunday service during evening worship Sunday, Sept. 29.
Women's Conference Committee Chinese auction, Saturday, Sept. 7. Ticket drop-off from 10 a.m. to noon, cost is $5 for 25 tickets. No tickets accepted after noon. Hot dogs, fish and drinks sold.
Holy Ghost Tent Revival
Brother Thomas Currence will hold a Holy Ghost Tent Revival at 7 p.m. nightly starting Monday in the field beside Great Falls Feed & Seed. Preaching, teaching, healing and deliverance. Singing every night with Richard Wilkes, recording artist Jackie Beatty Greene and others. Anyone interested in providing donations of Bibles, finances or gas can call Brother Thomas Currence at 374-4466.
Holy Place Church
• Revival, 3 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 15, and 7 p.m. nightly Sept. 16-19. Various speakers each night.
• Men's Choir seventh anniversary celebration, 2 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 29. Various choirs will visit.
• Youth Minister Brandon Feaster does morning service fourth Sunday of each month.
Lake Wateree Baptist
Twenty-fifth homecoming, 10 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 8. Guest speaker and a message in song from Randy Armentrout of Lugoff, who has sang with several groups over the last 35 years and now has a solo ministry. Covered dish lunch to follow.
Lando Church of God
• Homecoming, Sunday. The Rev. Furman Bryant speaks at the morning service and Heart 2 Heart sings at 2 p.m.
• Meal served after morning service Sunday, Sept. 15. Proceeds to Honduras Mission Project.
• Sunday night choir practice, 5:45 p.m. Children’s Choir at 6 p.m. Bible study at 7 p.m.
• Family Night, 7 p.m. Wednesday with Brotherhood and Women on Mission.
• Children In Action and Youth: Destination Unknown, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• Homecoming, 10:30 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 8. Bring old Liberty Baptist-associated pictures (building, people, activities) to Maxine Estes.
• Cereal needed for the Food Pantry. Last week was canned or dry beans.
• See Dayle Williford for details on disaster relief training set for Saturday, Oct. 12, at White Oak.
Metropolitan AME Zion
Prayer at 6 p.m. and Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Mount Dearborn UMC
Old pictures of the church and community needed for the 100 year celebration Oct. 7, 8, and 9. Call Sallie Hudson at 385-7251.
Mount Moriah Baptist
• Family and Friends Day, 2 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 8 with Pastor James Hope of Bethlehem Baptist.
• Food pantry is open the third Saturday of each month from 10 a.m. to noon. Proof of address and a picture ID are required. Call 377-3495.
Youth revival, 7 p.m. tonight with Minister Marquavius Hopkins of Mount Vernon AME Zion. Revival continues at 6 p.m. Saturday. All welcome.
Mount Olive Baptist
Chester County Families Making The Right Connections Health Fair, 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. Door prizes, vendors and lunch at this free event. Sessions on affordable health care, cancer health disparities, stress management, nutrition and physical activity and drugs and gang violence. Call Gwen Williams at 385-6424, Elizabeth Thompson at 581-5608 or Amanda Douglas at 385-5531. All welcome. Church is at 176 Center St.
New Zion Baptist
Revival, Sunday through Thursday. Morning service Sunday starts at 11 a.m. with Pastor Donald Woodard. The Rev. George Mackey of Loving Charity Baptist, Richburg, speaks at 2 p.m. The Rev. Joseph Stringfellow of Emmanuel Chapel Missionary Baptist speaks at 6:30 p.m. Services Monday through Thursday start at 7 p.m. with the Rev. Joseph Stringfellow. Various choirs invited.
• Nursing home ministry, 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.
• Family Night, Wednesday.
• Prayer, 6:30 p.m. Monday. Bible classes, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Health checks available through Billy Murphy Foundation, 144 Center St. Call 374-4216 or 385-2878 for appointments. Lines are open for prayer. Call 581-0004.
• WMU collecting school supplies to donate. Drop off donations 8 a.m. to noon Monday through Friday at the church. There is a collection box in the social hall.
• Yard sale and fish/chicken plate sale Saturday, Sept. 7, in the Family Life Center. Plates will be $7. Donations can be dropped off at the church from 8 a.m. to noon Friday or call 379-9175 or 581-3875 for pick up or a different drop-off time.
Pine Grove Baptist
Intercessory prayer, 6:15 p.m. Wednesday followed by Bible study at 7 p.m.
• Purity Playschool now accepting applications for two- and three-year-old classes for 2013-2014 school year. Space is limited. Call 377-8175.
• Boy Scouts meet at 6:30 p.m. Mondays.
• Bible study, 10 a.m. Tuesday.
• Wednesday night programs with a meal at 6 p.m. Cost is $5 for adults, free for children. Bible study and recreation at 6:30 p.m. Youth and children's music included.
• Adult Choir practice, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Call 377-8175 for details on working in the community garden from 10 a.m. to noon Saturdays.
Rehoboth AME Zion
Prayer and Bible study, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Saluda Street Church of God
Young At Heart seniors meeting, noon to 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 28, in the Family Life Center.
Seed of Blessings Ministry Revival Center
Revival Thursday at 7 p.m. with Evangelist A.L. Hensley. Simple gospel and prayers for sick and afflicted. All welcome. Church is at 2738 Catawba River Road, Fort Lawn. Call 370-2147.
St. Paul Baptist
Missionary program, 2 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 8 with the Rev. Patricia McCleave.
Together As One
• Bible study, 7 p.m. Wednesday with Brother John Williams.
• Revival, Sept. 11-15 with the Rev. Jimmy Cox of Saluda Street Church of God.
Union Ezell AME Zion
Chinese auction, Friday, Sept. 20, at American Legion in Lancaster. Doors at 5 p.m., auction at 7 p.m. Call Willie Day at 803-872-4811.
United Pentecostal Church
Bible study, 7:30 p.m. Fridays at the Chester YMCA. Call David Hinton at 385-6848. All welcome.
Annual Labor Day barbecue sale with music by Knox Station Band and Seventh Vision, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday.
West Chester Baptist
• No evening services Sunday due to Labor Day.
• Prayer Team meets at 6 p.m. Tuesdays. All welcome.
• ICMP Church Health Taskforce to present report during morning worship Sunday, Sept. 22. Fellowship meal to follow.
• Special singing followed by an ice cream social in the fellowship hall, Sunday, Sept. 8. Bring homemade ice cream.
• Homecoming, Sunday, Sept. 15 with the Rev. Cecil Johnson. Lunch to follow.
• Food pantry item is canned beans.
Sign up by Sunday for discipleship study for adult men starting Sept. 15.
Zoe Life Community Bible class
Zoe Life Community Bible class, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. first, second and third Tuesdays at Brooklyn Center on Ashford Street. Taught by the Rev. C. Pendergrass.