- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Bible study, 2 p.m. Wednesday.
• AA meetings are held at 8 p.m. Wednesdays in the fellowship hall.
Battered But Not Broken Ministries
• On the first Saturday of each month from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Battered But Not Broken will hold Let's Talk Chester County at 564 York Road. Parents and guardians are invited to discuss events going on in the schools, such as bullying and more.
• Battered But Not Broken Ministry is always in need of donations. Checks may be made out to Battered But Not Broken Ministry and mailed to P.O. Box 213, Chester. The group's mission is to assist families and ex-offenders rebuild their lives in the community while re-establishing homes and helping fight drug and alcohol abuse, crime and violence. Call LeTanya Hall at 385-2290 or visit www.batteredbutnotbrokenministries.org.
• We Love Bethel III party, Sunday. Theme: "Missions." Missions work from 3 to 5 p.m. followed by worship and a fish fry.
• Trash and Treasure sale set for Sept. 7 has been postponed, new date to be announced. Donations still being accepted.
• Tuesday Morning Bible Study Group, will not meet again until Sept. 3.
• CrossRoads program will not meet again until Sept. 4.
Annual revival, Sunday through Thursday. The Rev. James W. Hope speaks at 11 a.m. Sunday followed by the Rev. Franklin L. Smith of Mount Zion AME Zion, Hickory Grove, at 2 p.m. No Sunday night service. Service at 7 p.m. nightly Monday through Thursday with the Rev. Franklin L. Smith.
Black Rock Baptist
Revival, Sunday through Thursday. Pastor Jelester Sanders of New High Springs Baptist, Gastonia, speaks at 2 p.m. Sunday. Evening services Monday through Thursday start at 7 p.m. with Minister Rickey M. White of Big Calvary Baptist, Edgemoor, on Monday; Pastor Allan Dale Robinson of Ousleydale Baptist, Hartsville, on Tuesday; Pastor Keith Taylor of Sandy River Baptist on Wednesday; and Bishop George B. Jackson of Citadel of Faith Christian Fellowship, Thomasville, N.C., on Thursday. All welcome. Church is at 1006 Old Richburg Road, Chester.
Blackstock First Baptist
• Business meeting, 7 to 7:30 p.m. Sunday.
• Council meeting, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Branded 4 Life Cowboy Church
Singing and worship, 7 to 8 p.m. Monday at 1777 Old Mill Road, Richburg. All welcome.
Brooklyn Williamsville AME Zion
• Free financial planning workshop, 10 a.m. Saturday. Information on life insurance, Medicare, long-term care, 401Ks and more. Follow-up sessions available. Church is at 209 Ashford St.
• Homecoming, Sunday, Sept. 8. Morning service at 11 a.m., afternoon service at 2:30 p.m. The Rev. Larry Dixon of Long Branch Baptist, Grover, will speak.
• Revival, 7 p.m. nightly Sept. 9-11. The Rev. Kenneth Bell of Mount Sinai Baptist, Blacksburg, speaks Monday, Sept. 9; and the Rev. James F. Williams of Christian Home Baptist, Lowrys, speaks Tuesday and Wednesday, Sept. 10 and 11. All welcome.
Calvary Baptist, Calvary Church Road
• Lunch and Bible study at the Cyclone Restaurant, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday. Church van leaves at 1:15 p.m. Tuesday from the Cyclone to go to White Oak Manor for the singing there at 2 p.m.
• Fellowship meal, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday followed by devotions, prayer, new members' class and children's class at 7 p.m. Adult Choir practice at 7:30 p.m.
• Celebration of 175th anniversary and homecoming, Sunday, Sept. 22. For that Sunday only, service starts at 10 a.m. There will be a catered meal, so those planning to attend should call Linda Carter at 581-3962 or send a RSVP with the number of people eating to Linda Carter, 3131 West Chester School Road, Chester
Cedar Rock Baptist
Revival, Sept. 1-5. Sunday school at 10:30 a.m., worship at 11:30 a.m. with the Rev. James Good on Sept. 1. Immediately after morning service the Rev. Donnie Dye speaks. The Rev. Hower Cureton speaks at 6 p.m. Services Monday through Thursday start at 7 p.m. with the Rev. Cureton.
• New 13-week small group/Sunday school study "The Gospel Project" begins Sunday on "The God Who Speaks."
• Mid-week meal/activities kick-off, 6 p.m. Wednesday.
• Volunteers and crafters needed for new Christmas season Chrismons, 10 a.m. Wednesdays. Call Ed and Jan Mauney at 377-4514 or Larry and Anna Whitesides at 803-222-7424.
• Men's Bible study/prayer, 7 a.m. Friday in the Barron Room.
Chester First Baptist
• Called church conference following worship Sunday about the minister of music search.
• Palmetto Village sing-alongs, Mondays, Sept. 2 and 16.
Chester Second Baptist
EXALT for middle school and high school students, 7 p.m. Wednesday in the auditorium. Games, music, skits and videos.
Christian Motorcycle Association
The Warriors of Fire Rock Hill Chapter of the Christian Motorcycle Association meets at 9 a.m. the second Saturday of each month at Golden Corral in Rock Hill. For details visit www.cmausa.org.
Eternal Rock Church
Prayer and Bible study, 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday. Teenage Bible class, 7 to 8 p.m. Tuesday. Refreshments served. Prayer, 9 to 11 p.m. Friday.
First Baptist of Lowrys
• Homecoming, Sunday. The Rev. Ted Hodges speaks at 11 a.m. Sunday school at 10:45 a.m.
• Volunteers serve at Chester Ministerial Food Pantry Aug. 26-30.
• Third annual Lowrys Sportsman Lowdown, 5 p.m. Friday, Sept. 6.
• Men's breakfast, 8 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 8. Plates are $3. All invited.
• SYAH Team to the mountains, 7 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 10.
• AWANAs kick-off, 7 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 11.
First Free Will Baptist
Happy Stitchers meeting, 9:30 a.m. Saturday.
Fountain of Life Church of God
• Women's Ministry bake sale follows morning service Sunday.
• Nursing home ministry, 2 p.m. Tuesday.
• National Grandparents Day observed during morning service Sunday, Sept. 8.
• Final women's Bible study, 10 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 10.
Women's Conference Committee Chinese auction, Saturday, Sept. 7. Ticket drop-off from 10 a.m. to noon, cost is $5 for 25 tickets. No tickets accepted after noon. Hot dogs, fish and drinks sold.
Holy Ghost Tent Revival
Brother Thomas Currence will hold a Holy Ghost Tent Revival at 7 p.m. nightly starting Monday in the field beside Great Falls Feed & Seed. Preaching, teaching, healing and deliverance. Singing every night with Richard Wilkes, recording artist Jackie Beatty Greene and others. Anyone interested in providing donations of Bibles, finances or gas can call Brother Thomas Currence at 374-4466.
Holy Place Church
Youth Minister Brandon Feaster does morning service fourth Sunday of each month.
Lando Church of God
Homecoming, Sunday, Sept. 1. The Rev. Furman Bryant speaks at the morning service and Heart 2 Heart sings at 2 p.m.
• Baptismal services Sunday during morning worship.
• Cooney Wishert concludes study on Revelations, Chapter 22 on Sunday. Hot dog lunch in the social hall after worship.
• Sunday night choir practice, 5:45 p.m. Children’s Choir at 6 p.m. Bible study at 7 p.m.
• Bible study on service and sacrifice in the Book of Mark, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• Children and youth meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• Homecoming, 10:30 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 8. Bring old Liberty Baptist-related pictures to Maxine Estes.
• Items needed to restock food pantry are canned or dry beans. Last week's items were applesauce and apple jelly.
• See Sandra immediately for information on Women of Faith Conference set for Oct. 11 and 12.
• See Dayle Williford for information on disaster relief training set for Saturday, Oct. 12.
Metropolitan AME Zion
Prayer at 6 p.m. and Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Mount Dearborn UMC
Old pictures of the church and community needed for the 100 year celebration Oct. 7, 8, and 9. Call Sallie Hudson at 385-7251.
Mount Moriah Baptist
Food pantry is open the third Saturday of each month from 10 a.m. to noon. Proof of address and a picture ID are required. Call 377-3495.
Mount Olive Baptist
Chester County Families Making The Right Connections Health Fair, 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 31. Door prizes, vendors and lunch at this free event. Sessions on affordable health care, cancer health disparities, stress management, nutrition and physical activity and drugs and gang violence. Call Gwen Williams at 385-6424, Elizabeth Thompson at 581-5608 or Amanda Douglas at 385-5531. All welcome. Church is at 176 Center St.
New Hope UMC
Homecoming, Sunday. Business meeting at 10:30 a.m., worship at 11:15 a.m. District Superintendent Joe Long will speak. Covered dish meal to follow.
New Zion Baptist
Revival, Sept. 1-5. Morning service Sunday, Sept. 1, starts at 11 a.m. with Pastor Donald Woodard. The Rev. George Mackey of Loving Charity Baptist, Richburg, speaks at 2 p.m. The Rev. Joseph Stringfellow of Emmanuel Chapel Missionary Baptist speaks at 6:30 p.m. Services Monday through Thursday, Sept. 2-5, start at 7 p.m. with the Rev. Joseph Stringfellow. Various choirs invited.
Church Council meeting for all new year officers, Tuesday.
• Prayer, 6:30 p.m. Monday. Bible classes, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Health checks available through Billy Murphy Foundation, 144 Center St. Call 374-4216 or 385-2878 for appointments. Lines are open for prayer. Call 581-0004.
• WMU collecting school supplies to donate. Drop off donations 8 a.m. to noon Monday through Friday at the church. There is a collection box in the social hall.
• Donations needed for yard sale and fish fry Saturday, Sept. 7, in the Family Life Center. Drop off at the church from 8 a.m. to noon Friday or call 379-9175 or 581-3875.
Pine Grove Baptist
Intercessory prayer, 6:15 p.m. Wednesday followed by Bible study at 7 p.m.
• Purity Playschool now accepting applications for two- and three-year-old classes for 2013-2014 school year. Space is limited. Call 377-8175.
• Communion, 11 a.m. Sunday, which is Rally Day. Donuts and juice before worship. Congregational meeting to nominate the Elder Nominating Committee and lunch after worship service.
• Handbell rehearsal, 5:45 p.m. Sunday.
• Boy Scouts meet at 6:30 p.m. Mondays.
• Bible study, 10 a.m. Tuesday.
• Wednesday night programs with a meal at 6 p.m. Cost is $6 for adults, free for children. Bible study and recreation at 6:30 p.m. Youth and children's music included.
• Adult Choir practice, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Call 377-8175 for details on working in the community garden from 10 a.m. to noon Saturdays.
Rehoboth AME Zion
• Annual revival, 10 a.m. Sunday with the Rev. Dr. W. Robert Johnson III. The Rev. George McKain, director of public affairs for the AME Zion Church and pastor of Greater Unity AME Zion, speaks at 2 p.m. Speaker for Monday through Thursday will be the Rev. Dr. Lester A. McCorn Sr., pastor of Pennsylvania Avenue AME Zion Church, Baltimore.
• Prayer and Bible study, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Saluda Street Church of God
Young At Heart meeting, noon to 2 p.m. Saturday.
Seed of Blessings Ministry Revival Center
Revival Thursday at 7 p.m. with Evangelist A.L. Hensley. Simple gospel and prayers for sick and afflicted. All welcome. Church is at 2738 Catawba River Road, Fort Lawn. Call 370-2147.
Together As One
• Bible study, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• Joy Night, 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Revival, Sept. 11-15 with the Rev. Jimmy Cox of Saluda Street Church of God.
United Pentecostal Church
Bible study, 7:30 p.m. Fridays at the Chester YMCA. Call David Hinton at 385-6848. All welcome.
Wesley Memorial UMC
• Men's breakfast, 7:45 a.m. Sunday with speaker Ricky Campbell, CHS athletic director.
• UMW, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.
• Fellowship cookout, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
West Chester Baptist
• Prayer Team meets at 6 p.m. Tuesdays. All welcome.
• Church Health Task Force meeting, 7 p.m. Thursday.
• Visitation will now be on Tuesdays.
• Food pantry item for August is canned beans.
• Business meeting follows service Sunday, Sept. 8.
Men's Ministry kick-off event for all men and boys of the church, Saturday. Fellowship, fun, food and information on Brotherhood and RA programs. Sign up by Sept. 1 for discipleship study for adult men starting Sept. 15.
Zoe Life Community Bible class
Zoe Life Community Bible class, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. first, second and third Tuesdays at Brooklyn Center on Ashford Street. Taught by the Rev. C. Pendergrass.