- Special Sections
- Public Notices
AA meetings are held at 8 p.m. Wednesdays in the fellowship hall.
We Love Bethel party rescheduled for Sept. 28-30 beginning with a cottage prayer meeting drop-in at the parsonage at 7 p.m. Monday, Sept. 22. More events and times to be announced.
Black Rock Baptist
Golden Age Club day trip to Savannah, Tuesday, Oct. 7. Round-trip transportation, buffet breakfast, tour of African American history sites, historic river walk on River Street and buffet dinner. Call Marilyn Stinson at 803-230-7147 or Shirley Caldwell at 581-2478 as soon as possible. Two departure locations, Rock Hill and Chester.
Blackstock First Baptist
Baptist Men's Day, Sunday.
Calvary Apostolic Pentecostal
There is now worship at 11 a.m. Sundays at Carolina Hall, 119 College St. All welcome. Call Pastor David Hinton at 385-6848.
• Those willing to help with AWANAs should meet with David and Laura Brown after worship Sunday.
• Fifth Sunday night singing at Capers Chapel, 6 p.m. Sunday.
• No Bible study group meeting at The Cyclone on Tuesday.
• Good News Club workers to Holiday Inn behind Galleria Mall for training, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 6. See Linda Carter.
• Ordination service for David Brown, 11 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 7.
• AWANAs begin their meetings for this school year from 3 to 5 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 7. See David or Laura Brown.
Capers Chapel UMC
• Fifth Sunday night singing, 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Council on Ministries meeting, 6 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 9. Administrative Board at 7 p.m.
• Homecoming, 11 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 21, followed by covered dish meal. Guest minister will be Chris Snelgrove. No Sunday school.
• Revival, 7 p.m. Sept. 22 and 23 with the Rev. Paige Wheeler.
Cedar Rock Baptist
Revival begins Sunday, Sept. 7. Sunday school at 10:30 a.m., worship at 11:30 a.m. with the Rev. James Good. The Rev. Andrew Hinton speaks after morning worship and the Rev. Howard Cureton speaks at 6 p.m. Services 7 p.m. nightly Monday through Thursday, Sept. 8-11, with the Rev. Cureton.
Fall psalm sing at Hopewell ARP, 5 p.m. Sunday.
Chester First Baptist
RAs and GAs collecting school supplies for children at Connie Maxwell Children's Home in Greenwood. Donations needed.
Cool Branch Baptist
• Family Night, Sunday. Meal at 5 p.m. (chicken provided, see sign-up sheet for side dishes), presentation from mission trip by grandchildren of Terry and Ernie Stevenson at 6 p.m., deacons' meeting at 7 p.m.
• Breakfast provided by the church, 9 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 7, followed by Sunday school at 10 a.m. and worship at 11 a.m.
First Baptist of Lowrys
Lowrys Sportsman Lowdown, 5 p.m. Friday, Sept. 5, with Captain Jerry of the Red Fin Boat.
First Church of the Nazarene
• Fifth Sunday night singing, 6 p.m. Sunday. First Free Will Baptist will join for singing and preaching. First Free Will will provide the music and Pastor Jimmy Sanders will preach. All welcome.
• Marriage enrichment event, "From This Moment On," Saturday, Sept. 13. Costs are $30 per couple, $15 per individual which includes all sessions and a steak dinner. Sessions include empathy, positive and encouraging communication, guarding your heart and vow renewal with Pastor Porter. Worship, dinner and door prizes. For details and tickets, call, text or e-mail Jutanna Love at 385-7206 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Maggie Mobley at 899-1929 or email@example.com.
• Children's skate party, Sunday, Sept. 21, for $10, which includes lunch and skating. Rollerblades are $3 extra. To go on the trip, each child must attend Sunday school, children's church and Wednesday night. Bring extra money for games and snacks.
• Offering received for new system for videos and songs, Sunday, Sept. 14. Donations can be sent to 182 Pinckney St., Chester. Cost of system is around $12,000.
Friendship Missionary Baptist
Revival, "Campaigning For The Lost," Aug. 31-Sept. 5. The Rev. Timothy B. Cousar of Mount Hopewell Baptist speaks at 2 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 31. The Rev. Algerron D. Williams Sr. of New Dimension Church of Northeast and Zion Chapel Church of Reeder Point, Columbia, speaks at 7 p.m. nightly Sept. 1-5.
Great Falls Youth Community Choir
Appreciation event for Evangelist Mary Talford, 2 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 7, at First Mount Zion Baptist Church, Great Falls. The Rev. Rice of St. Peter's Baptist will speak. All welcome.
One hundred seventy-fifth anniversary celebration, Sunday, Sept. 14. Reception at 9 a.m., church service at 10 a.m., lunch at noon. Outdoor music festival and children's activities.
Lando Church of God
• Homecoming, Sunday, Sept. 7, after morning worship. Rob Bailey, state youth director, will speak. Bring dinner for fellowship after worship. No afternoon service.
• Boys' camping trip, Friday, Sept. 12.
• Family Day at Chester State Park, Saturday, Sept. 27.
• Janie Chapman Mission March coming up, battle between men and women going on now.
• Brotherhood and Women on Mission meet Wednesday. Youth Destination Unknown and Children In Action also meet.
• Needed food pantry item is tea. Last week was baked beans.
Youth Day, Sunday with Sister Youlanta Young speaking. Bring youth. Sunday school at 9 a.m., prayer at 10 a.m., worship at 10:30 a.m.
New Hope UMC
Fifth Sunday night singing at Capers Chapel UMC, 6 p.m. Sunday.
New Impact Ministries
Empowerment services, 9:30 a.m. Sundays, Sept. 14 and 28 at 161 West End across from Wylie Park with Pastor Corey Sanders.
New Life Baptist
Fundraiser for Alzheimer's Association and Christ Central Ministries, Saturday, Sept. 20. Barbecue, hot dogs, bluegrass concert by Chappel Road and Mike Shaffer as Jerry Clower. Lunch at noon, concert at 1 p.m. Tickets $10 in advance, $12 at the door. Call 385-5753 for tickets. Children age 12 and younger free. Fee includes barbecue or hot dog plate and concert. Bring a lawn chair. Church is at 1044 Columbia Road.
New Zion Baptist
Revival, Sept. 7-11. Pastor Donald Woodard speaks at 11 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 7; the Rev. Jerome Boyd of Pine Grove Baptist speaks at 2 p.m.; and the Rev. John Heath of St. Paul Baptist speaks at 6 p.m. Services at 7 p.m. nightly Sept. 8-11 feature the Rev. J.K. Stringfellow of Emmanuel Missionary Baptist, Chester.
• Gathering goods for church yard sale from 8:30 to noon each day.
• Fifth Sunday singing, Sunday.
• WMU collecting money for Jordan Diggs' kidney transplant.
• The Bible in 90 days, 9:45 a.m. Sunday and 7 p.m. Monday.
• Boy Scout Sunday, 3:30 p.m.
• Session meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
• Wednesday night program with meal at 6 p.m. Bible study and recreation at 6:30 p.m. Youth and children's music.
Rossville AME Zion
Pastor appreciation song service for the Rev. Timothy Mayers, 6 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 6. Minister Reginald Funderburke and the Anointed Temples and others will sing.
Saluda Street Church of God
Pickle ball in the Family Life Center, 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday and 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday. See Ronnie Greenwood for details.
St. Paul Baptist, Halsellville
Annual missionary program, 2 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 14. Evangelist Talford will speak. Everyone is welcome. Church is at 2344 West End Road, Chester.
Joshua Tent Ministries (Thomas Currence) will hold a tent service at 7 p.m. nightly until further notice beside the old Finley School in East Chester. Everyone welcome to bring the sick, lame and the lost. Donations welcome. Call 374-4466 or 389-7264.
True Gospel Church of God in Christ
Free men's conference, "You Are A Mighty Man Of God Whether You Know It Or Not," 10 a.m. Saturday with Apostle David Littlejohn of Holy Jerusalem Church, Gastonia. Pastor Lenard Price will also speak. Financial workshops, panel discussions on men's issues, lunch, more. Free registration at www.truegospelchester.org/ or call 581-1586. All men invited, church is at 552 Ashford Road.
Labor Day barbecue and bake sale will not be held this year due to lack of sufficient help. Plans are to hold it again next year.
Wesley Memorial UMC
• Beach Bum Sunday. Casual dress. Meal afterward, bring summer dish or garden dish.
• Clothes drive being planned, bring in clothes, coats, gloves or hats. Call 377-8400.
• Food Pantry item is crackers.
West Side Baptist
• Fellowship Night tonight in the Family Life Center. All welcome.
• R.E.A.C.H. "R" Team, 7 p.m. Tuesday. Prayer breakfast, 8 a.m. Wednesday. AWANA and prayer meeting, 7 p.m.
• Working at 106 Oak St., 8 a.m. today as part of the Chester Project. All welcome.
• Fifth Sunday night singing, 6 p.m. Sunday. Finger foods to follow.
• "The Story" starts Sunday, Sept. 7.
• Food Pantry item of the month is jelly.
Word and Spirit Christian Fellowship
Family Night, "Hallelujah Sock Hop," 7:15 p.m. Wednesday at the York Street location.