- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Revival, "The Church Moving Forward With A Purpose And Plan," Sunday, Aug. 10. Morning service 11 a.m., evening service 2:30 p.m. Speaker at 2:30 p.m. will be the Rev. Persell Ross of Lockhart. Services also at 7 p.m. nightly Monday through Friday, Aug. 11-15, with the Rev. Robert Entzminger.
• Homecoming, 11 a.m. Sunday. Covered dish lunch to follow. Cemetery Association meeting and memorial service, 2 p.m.
• AA meetings are held at 8 p.m. Wednesdays in the fellowship hall.
• Service time changes for Sunday. Due to Armenia UMC homecoming, Bethel has worship at 9:30 a.m. and Sunday school from 11 a.m. to noon.
• School supply donations needed for "Pack The Bus" event by Tuesday.
• Leadership Nominations Committee, 7 p.m. Tuesday.
Big Calvary Baptist
Revival concludes at 7 p.m. tonight with Pastor William Coleman. All welcome.
Blackstock First Baptist
Homecoming, Sunday, Aug. 10. Revival Aug. 11-13.
Annual church business meeting for electing officers and approving the 2014-2015 budget will follow morning worship Sunday. Monthly meeting of Church Council at the parsonage that afternoon.
Camp Creek UMC
Annual Back To School Blast, 5 p.m. Sunday. First 150 kids in grades kindergarten through 12 receive a free book bag. Hot dog supper provided. Sign-up begins promptly at 5 p.m. Children must be present to receive a book bag. Call Mark at 379-3152 and leave a message with your number.
Capers Chapel UMC
Vacation Bible school, 6 to 8 p.m. Aug. 3-6.
Chester First Baptist
Registrations taken for four-year-old kindergarten. Call 377-7187.
Chestnut Grove AME Zion
Anointed Voices 10th anniversary celebration, noon Saturday. Fun, food and fellowship. Bring swimwear, a towel and dry clothes if planning to get wet.
Family Night, Sunday. New Christmas cantata preview, 3:30 p.m.; choir practice at 4 p.m.; group meetings at 4:45 p.m.; meal with finger foods at 5 p.m. (see Linda Blanchett or sign up in the vestibule); Bible study with the Rev. John Epps at 6 p.m.; and deacons' meeting at 7 p.m. Newly-elected deacons invited.
Faith and Love Christian Center
Summer Enrichment Program, 3:30 to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday utilizing skills of STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics). For grades three through eight. Visit www.faithandlove.info/summerenrichment.html.
First Baptist of Lowrys
• Men's breakfast, 8 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 10, for $3 per plate.
• Homecoming, Sunday, Aug. 24.
• Lowrys Sportsman Lowdown, 5 p.m. Friday, Sept. 5, with Captain Jerry of the Red Fin Boat.
First Baptist of Richburg
Vacation Bible school, Aug. 3-7. Something for everyone, all invited. 165 Main St., Richburg.
First Church of the Nazarene
• Vacation Bible school, "Tumbleweed Gulch," concludes from 6 to 8:30 p.m. tonight. Commencement at 10 a.m. Sunday.
• Men's Ministry cook-out for the men, 7 p.m. Thursday in the Family Life Center. All men and their sons invited. Call Robert Burkett at 444-3131.
First Free Will Baptist
• Senior Group meets at 6 p.m. Tuesday. Also Men's Witness Protection Program (visitation), 6 p.m.
• Men's Fellowship, 6 p.m. Thursday.
• Stitchers group, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 9.
Fountain of Life Church of God
Children and Youth Ministries yard sale, 7 a.m. Saturday. Baby items, miscellaneous. Women's Ministries will sell breakfast items. Church is at 716 Lowrys Highway, corner of Dawson Drive and Lowrys Highway.
Friendship Missionary Baptist
Free dirt by appointment only. Call the church at 385-5726.
Revival begins at 10 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 10, with the Rev. Charles Pratt. The 2 p.m. speaker will be the Rev. Jelester Sanders of New High Springs Baptist, Gastonia. Revival continues at 7 p.m. nightly Aug. 10-14 with Bishop Terry McCaskill of Mt. Sinai World Outreach Ministries, Pendleton, S.C. Theme: "Pressing Your Way Through Hard Times and Tribulations With Jesus."
Now taking enrollment for van rider afterschool and tutoring. Also taking enrollment for four-year-old kindergarten through eighth grade. Call 581-1793 for details and/or to rent the conference room. First day for Holy Place Christian Academy is 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday, Aug. 18. Pick-up time 3:30 p.m. for all school-age children.
• Business meeting follows 6 p.m. service Sunday.
• Brotherhood, WMU and Children In Action, 7 p.m. Wednesday. Youth Destination Unknown.
• Needed food pantry item is beef stew. Last week was chicken and dumplings.
• Place information for Sunday bulletins on office desk by Thursday of each week.
• Guatemala Mission Team now in Guatemala.
Mount Olive Baptist, Fairfield
Revival, 11 a.m. Sunday. No Sunday night service. Revival continues at 7 p.m. nightly Monday through Thursday with the Rev. Cliff Dye of Purity Baptist as speaker.
Mount Prospect Baptist
Revival begins Sunday, Aug. 10. Sunday school at 9 a.m., prayer service at 10 a.m., call to worship at 10:30 a.m. No Sunday night service. Services at 7 p.m. nightly Aug. 11-14 with the Rev. James Mason of Emmanuel Chapel, Jonesville. Various choirs will sing. All welcome.
Mount Vernon AME Zion
Sole-2-Soul Extravaganza, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at 1487 Mount Vernon Road, Fort Lawn. Free food and school supplies. Social service agencies, employment information and children's games also featured. Children must be present to receive school supplies.
New Hope UMC
• Vacation Bible school, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 16.
• Homecoming, Sunday, Aug. 24, with the Rev. Paige Wheeler. Business meeting at 10:30 a.m. with remembrances and special music. Worship at 11:15 a.m., covered dish dinner afterward.
Old Hope Station Baptist
Sing-Out benefit for Deacon Howard English, 5 p.m. Saturday. Church is at 2955 Fort Wagner Road, Blair. All welcome.
• Family Night, Wednesday.
• Men's Ministries breakfast, Saturday, Aug. 9.
• Deacons' meeting, Tuesday, Aug. 12.
• Visit to Chester Active Day Center, Thursday, Aug. 21.
• Fall WMU meeting at West Side Baptist, Monday, Aug. 25. Meal at 6:30 p.m., training for all ages.
Family and Friends Day, 2 p.m. Sunday. This will be the only service this day. All welcome.
• Fifth Sunday singing, Sunday, Aug. 31.
• WMU collecting money for Jordan Diggs, who is in need of a kidney transplant.
• Purity Playschool taking applications for two- and three-year-old classes for the 2014-2015 school year. Space is limited, call 377-8175.
• The Bible in 90 days, 9:45 a.m. Sunday and 7 p.m. Monday.
• Boy Scout Sunday, 3:30 p.m.
Red Hill Missionary Baptist, Leeds
Annual revival, Sunday through Thursday. Pastor Dennis Featherstone speaks Sunday morning and Minister Estella Feaster speaks at 2 p.m. Services Monday through Thursday start at 7 p.m. Speaker for Monday is Pastor Andrew Rollinson; speaker for Tuesday is Pastor John Heath; speaker for Wednesday is Pastor Warren Baxter; and speaker for Thursday is Minister Labarius Edwards. Various choirs will sing, all welcome.
Vacation Bible school concludes from 6 to 8:30 p.m. tonight.
Rossville AME Zion
Fire In The Falls Youth Explosion, 6 p.m. Saturday. All talents welcome, such as singing (solo and group), dance, mime, rapping, poetry and playing instruments. School supplies given away. For line-up and program call Daon Rice at 444-2758, Rochelle Rice at 482-2529, Carol Funderburk at 374-2181 or Angela Spence at 899-2239.
Saluda Street Church of God
• Bible study with the youth, 11 a.m. Wednesday. Activities to follow.
• Disciples In Training pancake breakfast at Crossroads Restaurant, 7 to 11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 9. See Regina Mathis or Charlie Wilson.
• Pickle ball in the Family Life Center, 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday and 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday. See Ronnie Greenwood for details.
Sandy River Baptist
Revival, Aug. 3-7. The Rev. John Teabout speaks Sunday morning; the Rev. Heyward Boyd speaks Sunday afternoon; the Rev. Teabout speaks Monday night; the Rev. Kimberly Moore speaks Tuesday night; and Bishop Wendell Sumter speakers Wednesday and Thursday nights.
St. Mark's Episcopal
• Free community jazz cook-out, 5 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 13. Evening prayer and Holy Eucharist at 6:30 p.m. with the Rev. Gordon Hamilton of Christ Episcopal Church, Lancaster.
• Free Sunnyside-Up breakfast for children and seniors, 8 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 16 in the fellowship hall. For reservations, call 379-1683.
Joshua Tent Ministries (Thomas Currence) will hold a tent service at 7 p.m. nightly until further notice beside the old Finley School in East Chester. Everyone welcome to bring the sick, lame and the lost. Donations welcome. Call 374-4466 or 389-7264.
Together As One
Bible school, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. today and tomorrow for ages two to 12.
Life celebration for Mary "May Lou" Sanders, 3 p.m. Saturday. The event is a surprise. Call Gloria Cornwell at 581-4240 to RSVP or for details.
Potluck and fellowship, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 13, in the social hall. Call 379-6711.
West Side Baptist
• Working on the Chester Project at 106 Oak St., 8 a.m. today. All welcome.
• Mission ministries, 6 p.m. Sunday. Business meeting at 6:45 p.m.
• Seniors to Hamrick's, 9 a.m. Tuesday.
• R.E.A.C.H. "C" Team, 7 p.m. Tuesday.
• Prayer breakfast, 8 a.m. Wednesday. AWANA Lite and prayer meeting, 7 p.m.
• Quarterly business meeting after service Sunday.
• Children and youth to go tubing, Saturday, Aug. 16, in Helen, Ga.
• Prayer requests to www.wilksburgbaptist.com.
• Wild game banquet, today at West End Baptist Church, Rock Hill. Doors at 4:30 p.m., banquet at 7 p.m. For tickets see William Butler.
• The Rev. Keith Hinson and Jane Beam will be part of the India mission trip. Plans underway for fundraisers to help.
Word and Spirit Christian Fellowship
Family Night, "Dinner and a Show," 7:15 p.m. Wednesday at the York Street location.
Zion Pilgrim Baptist
Lunch & Learn Program, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. through Aug. 8 for ages five to 18. Free program with free lunch, reading, writing, math and field trips. Transportation available. Call Pamela Thompson at 864-545-6525. Church is at 3030 Pinckney Road.